Prepayment, Default, and the Valuation of Mortgage Pass-through Securities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cerrato, Mario & Djennad, Abdelmadjid, 2009. "Dynamic Option Adjusted Spread and the Value of Mortgage Backed Securities (Draft 2)," SIRE Discussion Papers 2009-21, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Lee, Jae Ha & Stock, Duane R., 2000. "Embedded options and interest rate risk for insurance companies, banks and other financial institutions," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 169-187.
- Werner Hürlimann, 2012. "Valuation of fixed and variable rate mortgages: binomial tree versus analytical approximations," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 35(2), pages 171-202, November.
- David Harrison & Michael Seiler, 2015. "The Paradox of Judicial Foreclosure: Collateral Value Uncertainty and Mortgage Rates," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 377-411, April.
- Chang, Chia-Chien, 2014. "Valuation of Mortgage Insurance Contracts with Counterparty Default Risk: Reduced-Form Approach," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(02), pages 303-334, May.
- Archer, Wayne R. & Ling, David C. & McGill, Gary A., 1996.
"The effect of income and collateral constraints on residential mortgage terminations,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 235-261, June.
- Wayne Archer & David C. Ling & Gary A. McGill, 1995. "The Effect of Income and Collateral Constraints on Residential Mortgage Terminations," NBER Working Papers 5180, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ana Manola & Branko Uroševic, 2010. "Option-Based Valuation Of Mortgage-Backed Securities," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 55(186), pages 42-66, July – Se.
- Sumit Agarwal & John C. Driscoll & David I. Laibson, 2013.
"Optimal Mortgage Refinancing: A Closed‐Form Solution,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(4), pages 591-622, June.
- Sumit Agarwal & John C. Driscoll & David Laibson, 2007. "Optimal Mortgage Refinancing: A Closed Form Solution," NBER Working Papers 13487, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sumit Agarwal & John C Driscoll & David Laibson, 2008. "Optimal Mortgage Refinancing: A Closed Form Solution," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000002021, David K. Levine.
- Dai, Min & Kwok, Yue Kuen & You, Hong, 2007. "Intensity-based framework and penalty formulation of optimal stopping problems," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3860-3880, December.
- Sumit Agarwal & Richard J. Rosen & Vincent Yao, 2016.
"Why Do Borrowers Make Mortgage Refinancing Mistakes?,"
INFORMS, vol. 62(12), pages 3494-3509, December.
- Sumit Agarwal & Richard J. Rosen & Vincent W. Yao, 2013. "Why do borrowers make mortgage refinancing mistakes?," Working Paper Series WP-2013-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- repec:wsi:ijfexx:v:04:y:2017:i:02n03:n:s2424786317500232 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abraham, Jesse M. & Theobald, H. Scott, 1997. "A Simple Prepayment Model of Commercial Mortgages," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 31-59, March.
- Mikhail Chernov & Brett R. Dunn & Francis A. Longstaff, 2016.
"Macroeconomic-Driven Prepayment Risk and the Valuation of Mortgage-Backed Securities,"
NBER Working Papers
22096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chernov, Mikhail & Dunn, Brett R. & Longstaff, Francis, 2016. "Macroeconomic-Driven Prepayment Risk and the Valuation of Mortgage-Backed Securities," CEPR Discussion Papers 10947, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cerrato, Mario & Djennad, Abdelmadjid, 2008. "Dynamic Option Adjusted Spread and the Value of Mortgage Backed Securities (Draft 1)," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-02, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Kim Changki, 2005. "Surrender Rate Impacts on Asset Liability Management," Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, De Gruyter, vol. 1(1), pages 1-36, June.
- Archer, Wayne R. & Ling, David C. & McGill, Gary A., 1997. "Demographic versus Option-Driven Mortgage Terminations," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 137-163, June.
- Chiang, Shu Ling & Yang, Tyler T. & Tsai, Ming Shann, 2016. "Assessing mortgage servicing rights using a reduced-form model: Considering the effects of interest rate risks, prepayment and default risks, and random state variables," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 29-46.
- Mallick, Indrajit, 2002. "Collateral Monitoring and Bank Regulation," MPRA Paper 32864, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andreas D. Christopoulos & Robert A. Jarrow & Yildiray Yildirim, 2008. "Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS) and Market Efficiency with Respect to Costly Information," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 36(3), pages 441-498, September.
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:433-447 is not listed on IDEAS
- Posey, Lisa L. & Yavas, Abdullah, 2001. "Adjustable and Fixed Rate Mortgages as a Screening Mechanism for Default Risk," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 54-79, January.
- Charlier, E. & van Bussel, A., 2001. "Prepayment Behavior of Dutch Mortgagors : An Empirical Analysis," Discussion Paper 2001-64, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Harding, John P., 2000. "Mortgage Valuation with Optimal Intertemporal Refinancing Strategies," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 233-266, December.
- Chia-Chien Chang & Min-Teh Yu, 2017. "Valuing Vulnerable Mortgage Insurance Under Capital Forbearance," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 54(4), pages 558-578, May.
- Eickholt, Mathias & Entrop, Oliver & Wilkens, Marco, 2014. "Individual investors and suboptimal early exercises in the fixed-income market," Passauer Diskussionspapiere, Betriebswirtschaftliche Reihe 14, University of Passau, Faculty of Business and Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jnlbus:v:65:y:1992:i:2:p:221-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JB/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.