Fitting the Variance-Gamma Model: A Goodness-of-Fit Check for Emerging Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R., 1997. "Emerging equity market volatility," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 29-77, January.
- Harvey, Campbell R, 1995. "Predictable Risk and Returns in Emerging Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(3), pages 773-816.
- Gencay, Ramazan & Selcuk, Faruk, 2004. "Extreme value theory and Value-at-Risk: Relative performance in emerging markets," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 287-303.
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- Elton A. Daal & Dilip B. Madan, 2005. "An Empirical Examination of the Variance-Gamma Model for Foreign Currency Options," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2121-2152, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mosiño, Alejandro & Salomón-Núñez, Laura A. & Moreno-Okuno, Alejandro T., 2017. "Estudio empírico sobre el tipo de cambio MXN/USD: Movimiento Browniano Geométrico vs. Proceso Varianza-Gamma [Empirical analysis of the MXN/USD exchange rate: geometric Brownian motion vs. variance," MPRA Paper 78961, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alejandro MosiÃ±o & Alejandro Tatsuo Moreno-Okuno, 2018. "On modeling fossil fuel prices: geometric Brownian motion vs. variance-gamma process," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 38(1), pages 509-519.
More about this item
KeywordsVariance-Gamma model; goodness-of-fit; emerging markets.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boz:journl:v:27:y:2013:i:2:p:1-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lutfu Gozgucu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deboutr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.