Economic Growth And Life Expectancy: The Case Of Iran
Regarding the link between economic growth and it`s public outcomes, this paper studies the effect of economic growth on life expectancy in Iran during 1966-2013. To achieve the research objectives, annually data collected from World Bank Database and I used the life expectancy at birth and annually GDP growth rate to measure the research variables. Then I applied Vector Error Correction Model to estimate the proposed model. The results on this study show that economic growth has a positively significant effect on life expectancy in Iran during the observation period.
Volume (Year): 11 (2016)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences Dumbravii Avenue, No 17, postal code 550324, Sibiu, Romania|
Phone: 004 0269 210375
Fax: 004 0269 210375
Web page: http://economice.ulbsibiu.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Théophile T. Azomahou & Raouf Boucekkine & Bity Diene, 2009. "A closer look at the relationship between life expectancy and economic growth," International Journal of Economic Theory, The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 5(2), pages 201-244.
- AZOMAHOU, Théophile T. & BOUCEKKINE, Raouf & DIENE, Bity, "undated". "A closer look at the relationship between life expectancy and economic growth," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2115, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Azomahou, Théophile & Boucekkine, Raouf & Diene, Bity, 2008. "A Closer Look at the Relationship Between Life Expectancy and Economic Growth," MERIT Working Papers 027, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Raouf Boucekkine & Bity Diene & Theophile Azomahou, 2007. "A closer look at the relationship between life expectancy and economic growth," Working Papers 2007_24, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Raouf, BOUCEKKINE & Bity, DIENE & Théophile, AZOMAHOU, 2007. "A closer look at the relationship between life expectancy and economic growth," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2007043, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Matteo Cervellati & Uwe Sunde, 2011. "Life expectancy and economic growth: the role of the demographic transition," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 99-133, June.
- Cervellati, Matteo & Sunde, Uwe, 2009. "Life Expectancy and Economic Growth: The Role of the Demographic Transition," IZA Discussion Papers 4160, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cervellati, Matteo & Sunde, Uwe, 2011. "Life expectancy and economic growth: The role of the demographic transition," Munich Reprints in Economics 20078, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Cervellati, Matteo & Sunde, Uwe, 2009. "Life Expectancy and Economic Growth: The Role of the Demographic Transition," CEPR Discussion Papers 7361, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson, 2007. "Disease and Development: The Effect of Life Expectancy on Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115(6), pages 925-985, December.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson, 2006. "Disease and Development: The Effect of Life Expectancy on Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 12269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 1988. "Variable Trends in Economic Time Series," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 2(3), pages 147-174, Summer.
- Neagu Olimpia, 2013. "Human Capital: Cause And Effect Of The Economic Growth. An Empirical Analysis," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 726-735, July.
- de la Croix, David & Licandro, Omar, 1999. "Life expectancy and endogenous growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 255-263, November.
- David de la Croix & Omar Licandro, "undated". "Life expectancy and endogenous growth," Working Papers 97-23, FEDEA.
- de la Croix, David & Licandro, Omar, 1997. "Life expectancy and endogenous growth," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1997029, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt & Fabrice Murtin, 2011. "The Relationship Between Health and Growth: When Lucas Meets Nelson-Phelps," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 2(1).
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt & Fabrice Murtin, 2009. "The relationship between health and growth:when Lucas meets Nelson-Phelps," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2009-28, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt & Fabrice Murtin, 2010. "The Relationship Between Health and Growth: When Lucas Meets Nelson-Phelps," NBER Working Papers 15813, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philippe Aghion, 2010. "The relationship between health and growth: when Lucas meets Nelson-Phelps," Working Papers 434, Bruegel.
- Casper Worm Hansen & Lars Lønstrup, 2015. "The Rise in Life Expectancy and Economic Growth in the 20th Century," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 0(584), pages 838-852, 05.
- Hansen, Casper Worm & Lønstrup, Lars, 2013. "The Rise of Life Expectancy and Economic Growth in the 20th Century," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 16/2013, Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark.
- Emily Oster & Ira Shoulson & E. Ray Dorsey, 2013. "Limited Life Expectancy, Human Capital and Health Investments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(5), pages 1977-2002, August.
- Kunze, Lars, 2014. "Life expectancy and economic growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 54-65.
- Gonzalo, Jesus, 1994. "Five alternative methods of estimating long-run equilibrium relationships," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 203-233. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:blg:journl:v:11:y:2016:i:1:p:80-87. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mihaela Herciu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.