Debt Relief for Low Income Countries: Is it Effective and Efficient?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2001. "Global Economic Prospects and the Developing Countries 2001," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14779.
- Bernard Hoekman & Francis Ng & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2002.
"Eliminating Excessive Tariffs on Exports of Least Developed Countries,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 16(1), pages 1-21, June.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Ng, Francis & Olarreaga, Marcelo, 2001. "Eliminating excessive tariffs on exports of least developed countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2604, The World Bank.
- Bernard Hoekman & Marcelo Olarreaga, 2002. "Une proposition pour l'OMC : La « super » clause de nation plus favorisée," Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 81-90.
- Francois, Joseph F. & Martin, Will, 2004.
"Commercial policy variability, bindings, and market access,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 665-679, June.
- Francois, Joseph & Martin, Will, 2002. "Commercial Policy Variability, Bindings and Market Access," CEPR Discussion Papers 3294, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph Francois & Will Martin, 2002. "Commercial Policy Variability, Bindings, and Market Access," International Trade 0210002, EconWPA.
- Martin, W. & Winters, L.A., 1995. "The Uruguay Round and the Developing Countries," World Bank - Discussion Papers 307, World Bank.
- Lopez, Ramon & Panagariya, Arvind, 1992. "On the Theory of Piecemeal Tariff Reform: The Case of Pure Imported Intermediate Inputs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 615-625, June.
- Vousden,Neil, 1990. "The Economics of Trade Protection," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521346696, March.
- Hoekman, Bernard, 2002.
"Strengthening the global trade architecture for development,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2757, The World Bank.
- Hoekman, Bernard M, 2002. "Strengthening the global trade architecture for development," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 34902, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Martin,Will & Winters,L. Alan (ed.), 1996. "The Uruguay Round and the Developing Countries," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521586016, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gravier-Rymaszewska, Joanna, 2012. "How Aid Supply Responds to Economic Crises: A Panel VAR Approach," WIDER Working Paper Series 025, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ralf Hepp, 2005. "Can Debt Relief Buy Growth?," International Finance 0510003, EconWPA.
- Mayr, Karin, 2010. "Optimal Deficit and Debt in the Presence of Foreign Aid," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 19-27, January.
- Nicolas Depetris Chauvin & Aart Kraay, 2005. "What Has 100 Billion Dollars Worth of Debt Relief Done for Low- Income Countries?," International Finance 0510001, EconWPA.
- Presbitero, Andrea F., 2008.
"The Debt-Growth Nexus in Poor Countries: A Reassessment,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 2, pages 1-28.
- Presbitero, Andrea F., 2006. "The debt-growth nexus in poor countries: a reassessment," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006 22, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Presbitero, Andrea F., 2007. "The debt-growth nexus in poor countries: a reassessment," Economics Discussion Papers 2007-17, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ferrarini, Benno, 2008. "Proposal for a Contingency Debt Sustainability Framework," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2547-2565, December.
- Gunter, Bernhard G. & Rahman, Jesmin & Wodon, Quentin, 2008. "Robbing Peter to Pay Paul? Understanding Who Pays for Debt Relief," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Johansson, Pernilla, 2008. "Debt Relief, Investment and Growth," Working Papers 2008:11, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Ivan Briscoe, 2006. "Debt crises, political change and the state in the developing world," Working Papers del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales 0601, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
- Marchesi, Silvia & Missale, Alessandro, 2013.
"Did High Debts Distort Loan and Grant Allocation to IDA Countries?,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 44-62.
- Silvia Marchesi & Alessandro Missale, 2012. "Did high debts distort loans and grants allocation to IDA countries?," Working Papers 226, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2012.
- Powell, Robert & Bird, Graham, 2010. "Aid and Debt Relief in Africa: Have They Been Substitutes or Complements?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 219-227, March.
- Cordella, Tito & Missale, Alessandro, 2013. "To give or to forgive? Aid versus debt relief," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 504-528.
- repec:ucm:wpaper:01-06 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanford, Jonathan E., 2004. "IDA Grants and HIPC Debt Cancellation: Their Effectiveness and Impact on IDA Resources," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1579-1607, September.
- Johansson, Pernilla, 2010. "Debt Relief, Investment and Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1204-1216, September.
- Freytag, Andreas & Pehnelt, Gernot, 2009. "Debt Relief and Governance Quality in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 62-80, January.
- Graham Bird, 2004. "Growth, poverty and the IMF," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 621-636.
- Green, Keith, 2005. "The fragile panacea of debt relief for developing countries," MPRA Paper 18098, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abrego, Lisandro & Ross, Doris C., 2002. "Debt Relief under the HIPC Initiative - Context and Outlook for Debt Sustainability and Resource Flows," WIDER Working Paper Series 044, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sandra Marcelino & Ivetta Hakobyan, 2014. "Does Lower Debt Buy Higher Growth? The Impact of Debt Relief Initiatives on Growth," IMF Working Papers 14/230, International Monetary Fund.
- William Akoto, 2013. "Do countries strategically improve their institutions to access increased debt relief?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(2), pages 1185-1192.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:worlde:v:26:y:2003:i:1:p:43-59. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0378-5920 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.