Racial/Ethnic Differences in Breastfeeding Initiation and Duration Among Low-Income Inner-City Mothers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles Hirschman & Marilyn Butler, 1981. "Trends and differentials in breast feeding: An update," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 18(1), pages 39-54, February.
- Christine Peterson & Julie DaVanzo, 1992. "Why are teenagers in the United States less likely to breast-feed than older women?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 29(3), pages 431-450, August.
- Starbird, Ellen H., 1991. "Comparison of influences on breastfeeding initiation of firstborn children, 1960-69 vs 1970-79," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 627-634, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1995:85:5:729-731_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Baranowski, Tom & Bee, David E. & Rassin, David K. & Richardson, C. Joan & Brown, Judy P. & Guenther, Nancy & Nader, Philip R., 1983. "Social support, social influence, ethnicity and the breastfeeding decision," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 17(21), pages 1599-1611, January.
- Weller, Susan C. & Dungy, Claibourne I., 1986. "Personal preferences and ethnic variations among anglo and hispanic breast and bottle feeders," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 539-548, January.
- Guttman, Nurit & Zimmerman, Deena R., 2000. "Low-income mothers' views on breastfeeding," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(10), pages 1457-1473, May.
- Rachel Kimbro & Scott Lynch & Sara McLanahan, 2008. "The Influence of Acculturation on Breastfeeding Initiation and Duration for Mexican-Americans," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 27(2), pages 183-199, April.
- Brian Roe & Leslie Whittington & Sara Fein & Mario Teisl, 1999. "Is there competition between breast-feeding and maternal employment?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 36(2), pages 157-171, May.
- Renee Matich, J. & Sims, Laura S., 1992. "A comparison of social support variables between women who intend to breast or bottle feed," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 919-927, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:socsci:v:90:y:2009:i:5:p:1251-1271. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0038-4941 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.