How Should We Measure Poverty in a Changing World? Methodological Issues and Chinese Case Study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Lars Osberg & Kuan Xu, 2007. "How Should We Measure Poverty in a Changing World? Methodological Issues and Chinese Case Study," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive rderevision9, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schady, Norbert R, 2002.
"Picking the Poor: Indicators for Geographic Targeting in Peru,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(3), pages 417-433, September.
- Schady, Norbert R., 2000. "Picking the poor : indicators for geographic targeting in Peru," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2477, The World Bank.
- Lipton, Michael & Ravallion, Martin, 1995. "Poverty and policy," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2551-2657 Elsevier.
- Kuan Xu, 1999. "Statistical Inference for the Sen-Shorrocks-Thon Index of Poverty Intensity," Journal of Income Distribution, Journal of Income Distribution, vol. 8(1), pages 8-8, June.
- Michael F. Förster & Marco Mira d'Ercole, 2005. "Income Distribution and Poverty in OECD Countries in the Second Half of the 1990s," OECD Social, Employment and Migration Working Papers 22, OECD Publishing.
- John L. Rodgers & Joan R. Rodgers, 1991. "Measuring the Intensity of Poverty among Subpopulations: Applications to the United States," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(2), pages 338-361.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-231, March.
- Myles, John & Picot, Garnett, 2000. "Poverty Indices and Policy Analysis," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 46(2), pages 161-179, June.
- Lars Osberg & Kuan Xu, 1999.
"Poverty Intensity: How Well Do Canadian Provinces Compare?,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 25(2), pages 179-195, June.
- Kuan Xu & Lars Osberg, 1999. "Poverty Intensity - How Well Do Canadian Provinces Compare?," LIS Working papers 203, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- François Bourguignon & Satya Chakravarty, 2003. "The Measurement of Multidimensional Poverty," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 1(1), pages 25-49, April.
- Subramanian, S., 2005. "Poverty Measurement and Theories of Beneficence," WIDER Working Paper Series 062, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Thon, Dominique, 1979. "On Measuring Poverty," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 25(4), pages 429-439, December.
- Kuan Xu & Lars Osberg, 2002. "On Sen's Approach to Poverty Measures and Recent Developments," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive sensw, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Jenkins, Stephen P & Lambert, Peter J, 1997. "Three 'I's of Poverty Curves, with an Analysis of UK Poverty Trends," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(3), pages 317-327, July.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1995. "Revisiting the Sen Poverty Index," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1225-1230, September.
- Lars Osberg, 2000. "Poverty in Canada and the United States: measurement, trends, and implications," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(4), pages 847-877, November.
- Hill, Robert J, 2000. " Constructing Bounds on Per Capita Income Differentials across Countries," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 102(2), pages 285-302, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich & William Griffiths & Wasana Karunarathne & D.S. Prasada Rao, 2013.
"Calculating Poverty Measures from the Generalised Beta Income Distribution,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 89, pages 48-66, June.
- Duangkamon Chotikapanich, William Griffiths, Wasana Karunarathne, D.S. Prasada Rao, 2012. "Calculating Poverty Measures from the Generalized Beta Income Distribution," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1154, The University of Melbourne.
- Achyut Wagle, 2008. "Human Capital Flight: The Cause of Underdevelopment," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department, vol. 20, pages 32-43, April.
- Matshe, Innocent & Moyo-Maposa, Sibonginkosi & Zikhali, Precious, 2013. "Water Poverty and Rural Development: Evidence from South Africa," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 8(2), August.
- Mussa, Richard, 2015. "A joint analysis of correlates of poverty intensity, incidence, and gap with application to Malawi," MPRA Paper 65205, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lars Osberg, 2010. "Measuring Economic Insecurity and Vulerability as Part of Economic Well-Being: Concepts and Context," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive osberg_measuring_economic, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen, 2011. "Weakly Relative Poverty," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 1251-1261, November.
- Lars Osberg & Jiaping Shao & Kuan Xu, 2009.
"The growth of poor children in China 1991–2000: why food subsidies may matter,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(S1), pages 89-108, April.
- Lars Osberg & Jiaping Shao & Kuan Xu, 2007. "The Growth of Poor Children in China 1991-2000: Why Food Subsidies May Matter," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive wider_nov_18_2007.pdf, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:rdevec:v:12:y:2008:i:2:p:419-441. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1363-6669 .