Industrial agglomeration effects in Japan: Productive efficiency, market access, and public fiscal transfer
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Montolio & Albert Solé-Ollé, 2009. "Road investment and regional productivity growth: the effects of vehicle intensity and congestion," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(1), pages 99-118, March.
- George E. Battese & Greg S. Corra, 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(3), pages 169-179, December.
- John B. Parr, 2002. "Missing Elements in the Analysis of Agglomeration Economies," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 25(2), pages 151-168, April.
- Geoffrey Hewings & John Parr, 2007. "Spatial Interdependence in a Metropolitan Setting," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 7-22.
- De Borger, Bruno & Kerstens, Kristiaan, 1996.
"Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA, and econometric approaches,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 145-170, April.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & KERSTENS, Kristiaan, 1994. "Cost efficiency of Belgian local governments: A comparative analysis of FDH, DEA and econometric approaches," SESO Working Papers 1994002, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Ragnar Tveteras & George E. Battese, 2006. "Agglomeration Externalities, Productivity, And Technical Inefficiency," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 605-625.
- Battese, George E. & Corra, Greg S., 1977. "Estimation Of A Production Frontier Model: With Application To The Pastoral Zone Of Eastern Australia," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 21(03), December.
- Norihiko Yamano & Toru Ohkawara, 2000. "The Regional Allocation of Public Investment: Efficiency or Equity?," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 205-229.
- Mitra, Arup, 1999. "Agglomeration Economies as Manifested in Technical Efficiency at the Firm Level," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 490-500, May.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Nigel Driffield & Max Munday, 2001. "Foreign Manufacturing, Regional Agglomeration and Technical Efficiency in UK Industries: A Stochastic Production Frontier Approach," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(5), pages 391-399.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akihiro Otsuka & Mika Goto, 2016. "Total factor productivity and the convergence of disparities in Japanese regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 56(2), pages 419-432, March.
- Akihiro Otsuka & Mika Goto & Toshiyuki Sueyoshi, 2014. "Energy efficiency and agglomeration economies: the case of Japanese manufacturing industries," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 195-212, June.
- Kyoji Fukao & Victoria Kravtsova & Kentaro Nakajima, 2014.
"How important is geographical agglomeration to factory efficiency in Japan’s manufacturing sector?,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(3), pages 659-696, May.
- FUKAO Kyoji & Victoria KRAVTSOVA & NAKAJIMA Kentaro, 2011. "How Important is Geographical Agglomeration to Factory Efficiency in Japan's Manufacturing Sector?," Discussion papers 11076, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Akihiro Otsuka & Mika Goto, 2015. "Regional Policy and the Productive Efficiency of Japanese Industries," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(4), pages 518-531, April.
- Ángel M. Prieto & José L. Zofío & Inmaculada Álvarez, 2015. "Cost economies, urban patterns and population density: The case of public infrastructure for basic utilities," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(4), pages 795-816, November.
- Chloé Duvivier, 2013. "Does Urban Proximity Enhance Technical Efficiency? Evidence From Chinese Agriculture," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(5), pages 923-943, December.
- Goto, Mika & Otsuka, Akihiro & Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki, 2014. "DEA (Data Envelopment Analysis) assessment of operational and environmental efficiencies on Japanese regional industries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 535-549.
- Akihiro Otsuka & Mika Goto, 2015. "Agglomeration economies in Japanese industries: the Solow residual approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(2), pages 401-416, March.
- Akihiro Otsuka & Mika Goto, 2015. "Estimation and determinants of energy efficiency in Japanese regional economies," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 89-101, June.
- Kraftova Ivana & Chladek Tomas & Minarik Jakub, 2011. "Do Globalisation and Economic Cycles Reduce the Sector Inequality of Supra-Regions?," European Spatial Research and Policy, De Gruyter Open, vol. 18(2), pages 111-127, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:presci:v:89:y:2010:i:4:p:819-840. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1056-8190 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.