Aid and Democratization in the Transition Economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jac C. Heckelman & Stephen Knack, 2008. "Foreign Aid and Market-Liberalizing Reform," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(299), pages 524-548, August.
- Bilson, John F O, 1982. "Civil Liberty-An Econometric Investigation," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 94-114.
- Kamal Upadhyaya & Gyan Pradhan & Dharmendra Dhakal & Rabindra Bhandari, 2007. "Foreign Aid, FDI and Economic Growth in East European Countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(13), pages 1-9.
- Nelson, Charles R & Startz, Richard, 1990.
"Some Further Results on the Exact Small Sample Properties of the Instrumental Variable Estimator,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 967-976, July.
- Nelson, C. & Startz, R., 1988. "Some Furthere Results On The Exact Small Sample Properties Of The Instrumental Variable Estimator," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 88-06, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Charles R. Nelson & Richard Startz, 1988. "Some Further Results on the Exact Small Sample Properties of the Instrumental Variable Estimator," NBER Technical Working Papers 0068, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nelson, C. & Startz, R., 1988. "Some Furthere Results On The Exact Small Sample Properties Of The Instrumental Variable Estimator," Working Papers 88-06, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Simeon Djankov & Jose Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2008.
"The curse of aid,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 169-194, September.
- Simeon Djankov & José García-Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2005. "The curse of aid," Working Papers 257, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Simeon Djankov & José Garcia Montalvo & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2005. "The curse of aid," Economics Working Papers 870, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Barro, Robert J, 1996. "Democracy and Growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 1-27, March.
- J. Svensson, 1999. "Aid, Growth and Democracy," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 275-297, November.
- Boone, Peter, 1996. "Politics and the effectiveness of foreign aid," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 289-329, February.
- Jac C. Heckelman & Stephen Knack, 2009. "Aid, Economic Freedom, And Growth," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(1), pages 46-53, January.
- Collier, Paul & Hoeffler, Anke, 2004.
"Aid, policy and growth in post-conflict societies,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(5), pages 1125-1145, October.
- Collier, Paul & Hoeffler, Anke, 2002. "Aid, policy, and growth in post-conflict societies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2902, The World Bank.
- Michael L. Nieswiadomy & Mark C. Strazicich, 2004. "Are Political Freedoms Converging?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(2), pages 323-340, April.
- Christopher J. Coyne & Peter T. Leeson, 2004. "Read All About It! Understanding the Role of Media in Economic Development," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(1), pages 21-44, February.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747160 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:6:y:2007:i:13:p:1-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen Knack, 2001. "Aid Dependence and the Quality of Governance: Cross-Country Empirical Tests," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 310-329, October.
- Rati Ram, 2003. "Roles of Bilateral and Multilateral Aid in Economic Growth of Developing Countries," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(1), pages 95-110, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kersting, Erasmus & Kilby, Christopher, 2014.
"Aid and democracy redux,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 125-143.
- Erasmus Kersting & Christopher Kilby, 2013. "Aid and Democracy Redux," Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics Working Paper Series 23, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics.
- Balázs Szent-Iványi, 2015.
"Are Democratising Countries Rewarded with Higher Levels of Foreign Aid?,"
Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 65(4), pages 593-615, December.
- Szent-Iványi, Balázs, 2014. "Are Democratizing Countries ‘Rewarded’ with Higher Levels of Foreign Aid?," Corvinus Economics Working Papers (CEWP) 2014/04, Corvinus University of Budapest.
- Frot, Emmanuel & Olofsgård, Anders & Berlin, Maria Perrotta, 2014.
"Aid Effectiveness in Times of Political Change: Lessons from the Post-Communist Transition,"
Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 127-138.
- Olofsgård, Anders & Perrotta, Maria & Frot, Emmanuel, 2013. "Aid Effectiveness in Times of Political Change: Lessons from the Post-Communist Transition," SITE Working Paper Series 25, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics.
- Zohid Askarov & Hristos Doucouliagos, 2013. "Does aid improve democracy and governance? A meta-regression analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 157(3), pages 601-628, December.
- Askarov, Zohid & Doucouliagos, Hristos, 2015. "Aid and institutions in transition economies," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 55-70.
- Audrey Menard, 2012. "Why foreign aid does (not) improve democracy?," Working Papers of BETA 2012-19, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Hannes Öhler & Peter Nunnenkamp, 2014.
"Needs-Based Targeting or Favoritism? The Regional Allocation of Multilateral Aid within Recipient Countries,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 420-446, August.
- Öhler, Hannes & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2013. "Needs-based targeting or favoritism? The regional allocation of multilateral aid within recipient countries," Kiel Working Papers 1838, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Dietrich, Simone & Wright, Joseph, 2012. "Foreign Aid and Democratic Development in Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 020, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:unu:wpaper:wp2012-20 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:kyklos:v:63:y:2010:i:4:p:558-579. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0023-5962 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.