Read All About It! Understanding the Role of Media in Economic Development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Meng, Qingxuan & Li, Mingzhi, 2002. "New Economy and ICT development in China," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 275-295, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jac C. Heckelman, 2010.
"The Connection between Democratic Freedoms and Growth in Transition Economies,"
Applied Economics Quarterly (formerly: Konjunkturpolitik),
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 56(2), pages 121-146.
- Jac, Heckelman, 2009. "The connection between democratic freedoms and growth in transition economies," MPRA Paper 21533, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Russell S. Sobel & Nabamita Dutta & Sanjukta Roy, 2010. "Beyond Borders: Is Media Freedom Contagious?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(1), pages 133-143, February.
- Dutta, Nabamita & Roy, Sanjukta, 2008. "The Role of Foreign Direct Investment on Press Freedom," MPRA Paper 10185, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Jul 2008.
- Peter Leeson & Christopher Coyne, 2007. "The reformers’ dilemma: media, policy ownership, and reform," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 237-250, June.
- Peter T. Leeson & Russell S. Sobel, 2006. "Contagious Capitalism," Working Papers 06-04 Classification-, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Jimmy Chan & Daniel Stone, 2013. "Media proliferation and partisan selective exposure," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 156(3), pages 467-490, September.
- repec:kap:pubcho:v:174:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11127-017-0485-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nabamita Dutta & Sanjukta Roy, 2009. "The Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Press Freedom," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 239-257, April.
- repec:kap:pubcho:v:174:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11127-017-0496-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Christopher L. Ambrey & Christopher M. Fleming & Matthew Manning & Christine Smith, 2016. "On the Confluence of Freedom of the Press, Control of Corruption and Societal Welfare," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(2), pages 859-880, September.
- Jac C. Heckelman, 2010. "Aid and Democratization in the Transition Economies," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(4), pages 558-579, November.
- repec:kap:pubcho:v:172:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11127-017-0444-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Nabamita Dutta & Sanjukta Roy, 2013. "The changing face of culture: gauging the impact of a free media," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 95-115, August.
- Eiji Yamamura, 2012.
"Effect of Free Media on Views Regarding Nuclear Energy after the Fukushima Accident,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 65(1), pages 132-141, February.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2011. "Effect of free media on views regarding nuclear energy after the Fukushima accident," MPRA Paper 32540, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter T. Leeson, 2008. "Media Freedom, Political Knowledge, and Participation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 155-169, Spring.
- Daniel Sutter, 2013. "Broadcast meteorology and the supply of weather forecasts: an exploration," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 37(3), pages 463-477, July.
- Christopher J. Coyne & Peter T. Leeson, 2009. "Media as a Mechanism of Institutional Change and Reinforcement," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Paul Aligica & Anthony Evans, 2009. "Thought experiments, counterfactuals and comparative analysis," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 22(3), pages 225-239, September.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:kyklos:v:57:y:2004:i:1:p:21-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0023-5962 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.