Combining available migration data in England to study economic activity flows over time
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James Raymer & Andrei Rogers, 2007. "Using age and spatial flow structures in the indirect estimation of migration streams," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 44(2), pages 199-223, May.
- J Bates & I Bracken, 1982. "Estimation of Migration Profiles in England and Wales," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 14(7), pages 889-900, July.
- J Bates & I Bracken, 1987. "Migration Age Profiles for Local Authority Areas in England, 1971â€“1981," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 19(4), pages 521-535, April.
- James Raymer & Guy Abel & Peter W. F. Smith, 2007. "Combining census and registration data to estimate detailed elderly migration flows in England and Wales," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 170(4), pages 891-908.
- Andrei Rogers & James Raymer & K. Bruce Newbold, 2003. "Reconciling and translating migration data collected over time intervals of differing widths," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 37(4), pages 581-601, December.
- John Bates & I Bracken, 1982. "Estimation of migration profiles in England and Wales," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 14(7), pages 889-900, July.
- James Mak & James E.T. Moncur, 2003. "Interstate migration of college freshmen," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 37(4), pages 603-612, December.
- John Stillwell & Oliver Duke-Williams, 2007. "Understanding the 2001 UK census migration and commuting data: the effect of small cell adjustment and problems of comparison with 1991," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 170(2), pages 425-445.
- Alessandra Faggian & Philip McCann & Stephen Sheppard, 2006. "An analysis of ethnic differences in UK graduate migration behaviour," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 40(2), pages 461-471, June.
- Frans Willekens, 1999. "Modeling approaches to the indirect estimation of migration flows: From entropy to EM," Mathematical Population Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 239-278.
- Martin Bell & Philip Rees, 2006. "Comparing migration in Britain and Australia: harmonisation through use of age – time plans," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(5), pages 959-988, May.
- M. Bell & M. Blake & P. Boyle & O. Duke-Williams & P. Rees & J. Stillwell & G. Hugo, 2002. "Cross-national comparison of internal migration: issues and measures," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 165(3), pages 435-464.
- A Stewart Fotheringham & Phil Rees & Tony Champion & Stamatis Kalogirou & Andy R Tremayne, 2004. "The development of a migration model for England and Wales: overview and modelling out-migration," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(9), pages 1633-1672, September.
- J Bates & I Bracken, 1987. "Migration age profiles for local authority areas in England, 1971 - 1981," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 19(4), pages 521-535, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefan Jestl & Mathias Moser & Anna K. Raggl, 2017. "Can’t Keep Up with the Joneses: How Relative Deprivation Pushes Internal Migration in Austria," wiiw Working Papers 137, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- repec:dem:demres:v:37:y:2017:i:46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arkadiusz Wiśniowski & Peter Smith & Jakub Bijak & James Raymer & Jonathan Forster, 2015. "Bayesian Population Forecasting: Extending the Lee-Carter Method," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(3), pages 1035-1059, June.
- Yildiz Dilek & Smith Peter W.F., 2015. "Models for Combining Aggregate-Level Administrative Data in the Absence of a Traditional Census," Journal of Official Statistics, Sciendo, vol. 31(3), pages 431-451, September.
- Ilya Kashnitsky & Nikita Mkrtchyan & Oleg Leshukov, 2016. "Interregional Migration of Youths in Russia: A Comprehensive Analysis of Demographic Statistics," Educational Studies, Higher School of Economics, issue 3, pages 169-203.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jorssa:v:173:y:2010:i:4:p:733-753. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rssssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.