A multilevel exploration of the role of interviewers in survey non-response
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Borsch-Supan, Axel & Hajivassiliou, Vassilis A., 1993.
"Smooth unbiased multivariate probability simulators for maximum likelihood estimation of limited dependent variable models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 347-368, August.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou & Axel Borsch-Supan, 1990. "Smooth Unbiased Multivariate Probability Simulators for Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Limited Dependent Variable Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 960, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Markus Frölich & Almas Heshmati & Michael Lechner, 2004.
"A microeconometric evaluation of rehabilitation of long-term sickness in Sweden,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 375-396.
- Frölich, Markus & Heshmati, Almas & Lechner, Michael, 2000. "A Microeconometric Evaluation of Rehabilitation of Long-term Sickness in Sweden," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 373, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 07 Jun 2000.
- A. Smith, Jeffrey & E. Todd, Petra, 2005.
"Does matching overcome LaLonde's critique of nonexperimental estimators?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 305-353.
- Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 2003. "Does Matching Overcome Lalonde's Critique of Nonexperimental Estimators?," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20035, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Angrist, Joshua D. & Krueger, Alan B., 1999.
"Empirical strategies in labor economics,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 23, pages 1277-1366
- Joshua Angrist & Alan Krueger, 1998. "Empirical Strategies in Labor Economics," Working Papers 780, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Joshua Angrist & Alan Krueger, 1998. "Empirical Strategies in Labor Economics," Working papers 98-7, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Spanos,Aris, 1999. "Probability Theory and Statistical Inference," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521424080, March.
- Geweke, John & Keane, Michael P & Runkle, David, 1994.
"Alternative Computational Approaches to Inference in the Multinomial Probit Model,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 609-632, November.
- John F. Geweke & Michael P. Keane & David E. Runkle, 1994. "Alternative computational approaches to inference in the multinomial probit model," Staff Report 170, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Guido W. Imbens, 1999. "The Role of the Propensity Score in Estimating Dose-Response Functions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Gerfin & Michael Lechner, 2002.
"A Microeconometric Evaluation of the Active Labour Market Policy in Switzerland,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(482), pages 854-893, October.
- Gerfin, Michael & Lechner, Michael, 2000. "Microeconometric Evaluation of the Active Labour Market Policy in Switzerland," IZA Discussion Papers 154, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lechner, Michael, 1999. "Earnings and Employment Effects of Continuous Off-the-Job Training in East Germany after Unification," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 17(1), pages 74-90, January.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 1998. "Causal Effects in Non-Experimental Studies: Re-Evaluating the Evaluation of Training Programs," NBER Working Papers 6586, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," NBER Working Papers 6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lalive, Rafael & van Ours, Jan C & Zweimüller, Josef, 2000. "The Impact Of Active Labour Market Policies And Benefit Entitlement Rules On The Duration Of Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 2451, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Larsson, Laura, 2000. "Evaluation of Swedish Youth Labour Market Programmes," Working Paper Series 2000:6, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- A. D. Roy, 1951. "Some Thoughts On The Distribution Of Earnings," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 135-146.
- Larsson, L., 2000. "Evaluation of Swedish Youth Labour Market Programmes," Papers 2000:6, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Larsson, Laura, 2000. "Evaluation of Swedish youth labour market programmes," Working Paper Series 2000:1, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jörg-Peter Schräpler, 2002. "Respondent Behavior in Panel Studies: A Case Study for Income-Nonresponse by Means of the German Socio-Economic Panel (GSOEP)," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 299, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Durrant, Gabriele B. & Steele, Fiona, 2009. "Multilevel modelling of refusal and non-contact in household surveys: evidence from six UK Government surveys," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 50112, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- van den Berg, Gerard J & Lindeboom, Maarten & Dolton, Peter J, 2004.
"Survey non-response and unemployment duration,"
Working Paper Series
2004:12, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- van den Berg, Gerard J. & Lindeboom, Maarten & Dolton, Peter, 2004. "Survey Non-Response and Unemployment Duration," IZA Discussion Papers 1303, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Maarten Lindeboom & Peter J. Dolton, 2004. "Survey Non-response and Unemployment Duration," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-094/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Schrapler, Jorg-Peter, 2003. "Respondent behaviour in panel studies: a case study for income-nonresponse by means of the British Household Panel Study (BHPS)," ISER Working Paper Series 2003-08, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Snelgrove, John W. & Pikhart, Hynek & Stafford, Mai, 2009. "A multilevel analysis of social capital and self-rated health: Evidence from the British Household Panel Survey," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 1993-2001, June.
- Bhat, Chandra & Zhao, Huimin, 2002. "The spatial analysis of activity stop generation," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 557-575, July.
- Sala, Emanuela & Uhrig, S.C. Noah & Lynn, Peter, 2009. ""It is time computers do clever things!" The impact of dependent interviewing on interviewer burden," ISER Working Paper Series 2009-07, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Wendy Janssens & Jacques Gaag & Tobias Rinke de Wit & Zlata Tanović, 2014. "Refusal Bias in the Estimation of HIV Prevalence," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(3), pages 1131-1157, June.
- Korbmacher, Julie M. & Schröder, Mathis, 2013. "Consent when Linking Survey Data with Administrative Records: The Role of the Interviewer," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 115-131.
- Blom, Annelies G., 2009. "Explaining cross-country differences in contact rates," ISER Working Paper Series 2009-08, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Broome Jessica, 2015. "First Impressions of Telephone Survey Interviewers," Journal of Official Statistics, De Gruyter Open, vol. 31(4), pages 611-625, December.
- Steele, Fiona & Durrant, Gabriele B., 2011. "Alternative approaches to multilevel modelling of survey non-contact and refusal," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 50113, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Blom, Annelies G., 2009. "Nonresponse bias adjustments: what can process data contribute?," ISER Working Paper Series 2009-21, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jorssa:v:162:y:1999:i:3:p:437-446. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rssssea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.