Investment Incentives and the Global Competition for Capital – By K.P. Thomas
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 50 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (01)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-9886|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=0021-9886|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tomáš Havránek, 2009.
"The supply of foreign direct investment incentives: subsidy competition in an oligopolistic framework,"
Prague Economic Papers,
University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2009(2), pages 131-155.
- Havranek, Tomas, 2008. "The Supply of Foreign Direct Investment Incentives: Subsidy Competition in an Oligopolistic Framework," MPRA Paper 10770, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Andres RodrIguez-Pose & Ugo Fratesi†, 2004. "Between Development and Social Policies: The Impact of European Structural Funds in Objective 1 Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 97-113.
- Andrés Rodríguez-Pose & Ugo Fratesi, 2003. "Between development and social policies: the impact of European Structural Funds in Objective 1 Regions," European Economy Group Working Papers 28, European Economy Group.
- Andreas Haufler & Ferdinand Mittermaier, 2011. "Unionisation Triggers Tax Incentives to Attract Foreign Direct Investment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(553), pages 793-818, 06.
- Andreas Haufler & Ferdinand Mittermaier, 2008. "Unionisation triggers tax incentives to attract foreign direct investment," Working Papers 052, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Haufler, Andreas & Mittermaier, Ferdinand, 2011. "Unionisation Triggers Tax Incentives to Attract Foreign Direct Investment," Munich Reprints in Economics 20404, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Haufler, Andreas & Mittermaier, Ferdinand, 2008. "Unionisation triggers tax incentives to attract foreign direct investment," Discussion Papers in Economics 3752, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Andreas Haufler & Ferdinand Mittermaier, 2008. "Unionisation Triggers Tax Incentives to Attract Foreign Direct Investment," CESifo Working Paper Series 2312, CESifo Group Munich.
- Susan Mason & Kenneth P. Thomas, 2010. "Tax Increment Financing in Missouri: An Analysis of Determinants, Competitive Dynamics, Equity, and Path Dependency," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 24(2), pages 169-179, May.
- Kenneth Stewart & Michael Webb, 2006. "International competition in corporate taxation: evidence from the OECD time series," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 21(45), pages 153-201, 01.
- Torfinn Harding & Beata Smarzynska Javorcik, 2007. "Developing economies and international investors. Do investment promotion agencies bring them together?," Discussion Papers 513, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Harding, Torfinn & Javorcik, Beata, 2007. "Developing Economies and International Investors: Do Investment Promotion Agencies Bring Them Together?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6418, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Harding, Torfinn & Javorcik, Beata Smarzynska, 2007. "Developing economies and international investors : do investment promotion agencies bring them together ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4339, The World Bank.
- Alexander Klemm & Stefan Parys, 2012. "Empirical evidence on the effects of tax incentives," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 19(3), pages 393-423, June.
- Alexander D Klemm & Stefan van Parys, 2009. "Empirical Evidenceon the Effects of Tax Incentives," IMF Working Papers 09/136, International Monetary Fund.
- A. Klemm & S. Van Parys, 2010. "Empirical Evidence on the Effects of Tax Incentives," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 10/673, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Eckel, Carsten, 2006. "Policy competition for foreign direct investment between asymmetric countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(7), pages 1891-1907, October.
- Bjorvatn, Kjetil & Eckel, Carsten, 2006. "Policy competition for foreign direct investment between asymmetric countries," Munich Reprints in Economics 20270, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Shiuh-Shen Chien & Ian Gordon, 2008. "Territorial Competition in China and the West," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 31-49.
- Joseph E. STIGLITZ, 2002. "Employment, social justice and societal well-being," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 141(1-2), pages 9-29, 03.
- Alexander Klemm, 2010. "Causes, benefits, and risks of business tax incentives," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 17(3), pages 315-336, June.
- Alexander D Klemm, 2009. "Causes, Benefits, and Risks of Business Tax Incentives," IMF Working Papers 09/21, International Monetary Fund.
- Seife Ayele, 2006. "The industry and location impacts of investment incentives on SMEs start-up in Ethiopia," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 1-13.
- Albornoz Facundo & Corcos Gregory, 2007. "Regional Integration, Subsidy Competition and the Relocation Choice of MNCs," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 7(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Todd M. Gabe & David S. Kraybill, 2002. "The Effect of State Economic Development Incentives on Employment Growth of Establishments," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 703-730.
- Lucia Piscitello & Larissa Rabbiosi, 2005. "The impact of inward FDI on local companies' labour productivity: evidence from the Italian case," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 35-51.
- Barros, Pedro P & Cabral, Luis, 2000. "Competing for Foreign Direct Investment," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 360-371, May.
- Bernard Bishop, 2007. "Why did China Benefit from a Joint Venture Policy? A Case Study of Shanghai," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 15(2), pages 89-103.
- Theodore H. Moran & Edward M. Graham & Magnus Blomstrom, 2005. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Promote Development?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 3810, November.
- Michael I. Luger & Suho Bae, 2005. "The Effectiveness of State Business Tax Incentive Programs: The Case of North Carolina," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 19(4), pages 327-345, November.
- Ian R. Gordon & Paul C. Cheshire, 1998. "original: Territorial competition: Some lessons for policy," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 32(3), pages 321-346.
- Tomáš Havránek & Zuzana Iršová, 2008. "Intra-Industry Spillovers from Inward FDI: A Meta-Regression Analysis," Working Papers IES 2008/08, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jun 2008.
- Black, Dan A & Hoyt, William H, 1989. "Bidding for Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 1249-1256, December.
- Jack H. Mutti, 2003. "Foreign Direct Investment and Tax Competition," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 355, November.
- van der Horst, Albert, 2007. "Is EU Coordination Needed for Corporate Taxation?," Papers BP2008/3, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1991. "Who Benefits from State and Local Economic Development Policies?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number wbsle, June.
- Du, Julan & Lu, Yi & Tao, Zhigang, 2008. "Economic institutions and FDI location choice: Evidence from US multinationals in China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 412-429, September.
- Head, C. Keith & Ries, John C. & Swenson, Deborah L., 1999. "Attracting foreign manufacturing: Investment promotion and agglomeration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 197-218, March.
- ., 2006. "Structure and Agency," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to Development Studies, chapter 121 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Crafts, N. F. R., 1983. "Gross national product in Europe 1870-1910: Some new estimates," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 387-401, October.
- C. Dembour, 2008. "Competition for Business Location: A Survey," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 89-111, June.
- AfDB AfDB, . "AfDB Group Annual Report 2008," Annual Report, African Development Bank, number 64 edited by Koua Louis Kouakou. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jcmkts:v:50:y:2012:i:1:p:190-190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.