Contract Farming And Outgrower Schemes In East And Southern Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Glover, David J., 1987. "Increasing the benefits to smallholders from contract farming: Problems for farmers' organizations and policy makers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 441-448, April.
- Glover, David J., 1984. "Contract farming and smallholder outgrower schemes in less-developed countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 12(11-12), pages 1143-1157.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rehber, Erkan, 1998. "Vertical Integration In Agriculture And Contract Farming," Working Papers 25991, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Wendimu, Mengistu Assefa & Henningsen, Arne & Gibbon, Peter, 2016.
"Sugarcane Outgrowers in Ethiopia: “Forced” to Remain Poor?,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 84-97.
- Mengistu Assefa Wendimu & Arne Henningsen & Peter Gibbon, 2015. "Sugarcane outgrowers in Ethiopia: ’Forced’ to remain poor?," IFRO Working Paper 2015/06, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Porter, Gina & Phillips-Howard[malt], Kevin, 1997. "Comparing contracts: An evaluation of contract farming schemes in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 227-238, February.
- Tschirley, David L. & Poulton, Colin & Boughton, Duncan, 2006.
"The Many Paths of Cotton Sector Reform in Eastern and Southern Africa: Lessons From a Decade of Experience,"
Food Security Collaborative Working Papers
54477, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Tschirley, David L. & Poulton, Colin & Boughton, Duncan, 2006. "The Many Paths of Cotton Sector Reform in Eastern and Southern Africa: Lessons from a Decade of Experience," Food Security International Development Working Papers 54565, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Tschirley, David L. & Poulton, Colin & Boughton, Duncan, 2006. "The Many Paths of Cotton Sector Reform in Eastern and Southern Africa: Lessons from a Decade of Experience," Food Security International Development Policy Syntheses 54506, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Goletti, Francesco & Wolff, Christiane, 1999. "The impact of postharvest research," MTID discussion papers 29, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Cook, Michael L. & Chaddad, Fabio R., 2000. "Agroindustrialization of the global agrifood economy: bridging development economics and agribusiness research," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 207-218, September.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1995.
"Power, distortions, revolt and reform in agricultural land relations,"
Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.),Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2659-2772,
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1993. "Power, distortions, revolt, and reform in agricultural land relations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1164, The World Bank.
- Herrmann, Raoul T., 2017. "Large-Scale Agricultural Investments and Smallholder Welfare: A Comparison of Wage Labor and Outgrower Channels in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 294-310.
- Wolff, Christiane, 1999. "The Economics of Oil Palm Production in Chiapas, Mexico," Working Papers 127687, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Masakure, Oliver & Henson, Spencer, 2005. "Why do small-scale producers choose to produce under contract? Lessons from nontraditional vegetable exports from Zimbabwe," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1721-1733, October.
- Nhan, Tran Quoc & Gillette, Raulston & Yutaka, Tomoyuki & Can, Nguyen Duy, 2020. "Impact of Outgrower Scheme on Yield,Output Price,and Income: A Rice-Farm-Level Study in the Mekong Delta,Vietnam," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 61(1), pages 1-19, June.
- Phil Simmons, 2002. "Overview of Smallholder Contract Farming in Developing Countries," Working Papers 02-04, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Karaan, Mohammad, 2003. "An Institutional Economic Appraisal Of Worker Equity Schemes In Agriculture:," 2003 Annual Conference, October 2-3, 2003, Pretoria, South Africa 19094, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Bellemare, Marc F. & Bloem, Jeffrey R., 2018. "Does contract farming improve welfare? A review," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 259-271.
- Van Damme, Patrick, 2008. "Linking Smallholder Farmers to Commercial Sector Activities: The Case of Eastern Africa with Special Attention to Niche Commodities," BANWA: A Multidisciplinary Journal, University of the Philippines Mindanao, vol. 8(2), pages 1-12.
- Deininger, Klaus & Binswanger, Hans, 1999. "The Evolution of the World Bank's Land Policy: Principles, Experience, and Future Challenges," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 14(2), pages 247-276, August.
- Sashi Sivramkrishna & Amalendu Jyotishi, 2008. "Monopsonistic exploitation in contract farming: articulating a strategy for grower cooperation," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 280-296.
- Mansur, Kasim & Tola, Mansur & Ationg, Romzi, 2009. "Contract Farming System: A Tool to Tranforming Rural Society in Sabah," MPRA Paper 13271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marc F. Bellemare, 2018. "Contract farming: opportunity cost and tradeâ€ offs," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(3), pages 279-288, May.
- Lorenzo Casaburi & Michael Kremer & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2014. "Contract Farming and Agricultural Productivity in Western Kenya," NBER Chapters, in: African Successes, Volume IV: Sustainable Growth, pages 137-160, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Henson, Spencer & Masakure, Oliver & Boselie, David, 2005. "Private food safety and quality standards for fresh produce exporters: The case of Hortico Agrisystems, Zimbabwe," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 371-384, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:41:y:1990:i:3:p:303-315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.