Deregulation in the Electric Utility Industry: Excess Capacity and the Transition to a Long‐Run Competitive Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ando, Amy Whritenour & Palmer, Karen L., 1998.
"Getting on the Map: The Political Economy of State-Level Electricity Restructuring,"
10643, Resources for the Future.
- Palmer, Karen & Ando, Amy, 1998. "Getting on the Map: The Political Economy of State-Level Electricity Restructuring," Discussion Papers dp-98-19-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Bolle, Friedel, 1992. "Supply function equilibria and the danger of tacit collusion : The case of spot markets for electricity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 94-102, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Chernyavs’ka, Liliya & Gullì, Francesco, 2007. "Interaction of carbon and electricity prices under imperfect competition," MPRA Paper 5866, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Berthélemy Michel & Bonev Petyo & Dussaux Damien & Söderberg Magnus, 2019.
"Methods for strengthening a weak instrument in the case of a persistent treatment,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 23(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Michel Berthélemy & Petyo Bonev & Damien Dussaux & Magnus Söderberg, 2017. "Methods for strengthening a weak instrument in the case of a persistent treatment," GRI Working Papers 265, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Michel Berthélemy & Petyo Bonev & Damien Dussaux & Magnus Söderberg, 2018. "Methods for strengthening a weak instrument in the case of a persistent treatment," Post-Print hal-01829558, HAL.
- Holmberg, Pär, 2009.
"Numerical calculation of an asymmetric supply function equilibrium with capacity constraints,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 199(1), pages 285-295, November.
- Holmberg, Pär, 2005. "Numerical Calculation of an Asymmetric Supply Function Equilibrium with Capacity Constraints," Working Paper Series 2005:12, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Willems, Bert & Rumiantseva, Ina & Weigt, Hannes, 2009.
"Cournot versus Supply Functions: What does the data tell us?,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 38-47, January.
- Willems, Bert & Rumiantseva, I. & Weigt, H., 2007. "Cournot Versus Supply Functions : What does the Data Tell us?," Discussion Paper 2007-63, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Willems, Bert & Rumiantseva, I. & Weigt, H., 2007. "Cournot Versus Supply Functions : What does the Data Tell us?," Other publications TiSEM d7a366d6-2138-4fea-b888-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Bert WILLEMS & Ina RUMIANTSEVA & Hannes WEIGT, 2007. "Cournot versus supply functions: what does the data tell us?," Working Papers of Department of Economics, Leuven ces0720, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Economics, Leuven.
- Willems, Bert & Rumiantseva, I. & Weigt, H., 2007. "Cournot versus Supply Functions : What Does the Data tell us?," Other publications TiSEM d59ac731-8d6c-4cfe-b2d3-0, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Willems, Bert & Rumiantseva, I. & Weigt, H., 2007. "Cournot versus Supply Functions : What Does the Data tell us?," Discussion Paper 2007-023, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Fiuza de Bragança, Gabriel Godofredo & Daglish, Toby, 2016. "Can market power in the electricity spot market translate into market power in the hedge market?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 11-26.
- Bonacina, Monica & Gulli`, Francesco, 2007. "Electricity pricing under "carbon emissions trading": A dominant firm with competitive fringe model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4200-4220, August.
- Meredith Fowlie, 2010. "Emissions Trading, Electricity Restructuring, and Investment in Pollution Abatement," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 837-869, June.
- Martin Kreuzberg & Christoph Riechmann, 1999. "Deregulation and Regulation in the European Power Market," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 68(4), pages 566-578.
- Bert Willems & Guido Pepermans, 2003. "Regulating transmission in a spatial oligopoly: a numerical illustration for Belgium," Energy, Transport and Environment Working Papers Series ete0314, KU Leuven, Department of Economics - Research Group Energy, Transport and Environment.
- Rajnish Kamat & Shmuel Oren, 2004. "Two-settlement Systems for Electricity Markets under Network Uncertainty and Market Power," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 5-37, January.
- Burtraw, Dallas, 1998. "Cost Savings, Market Performance, and Economic Benefits of the U.S. Acid Rain Program," Discussion Papers 10885, Resources for the Future.
- Knittel, Christopher R & Metaxoglou, Konstantinos, 2008. "Diagnosing Unilateral Market Power in Electricity Reserves Market," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt14q6c0mk, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Nilsson, Mats, 2005. "Electric power oligopoly and suspicious minds--a critique of a recently approved merger," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(15), pages 2023-2036, October.
- Perez, Eloy, 2007. "A model of vertical integration and investment in generation capacity in electricity markets: The case of the bidding game," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 272-290, December.
- Gregor Zöttl, 2010. "A Framework of Peak Load Pricing with Strategic Firms," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 58(6), pages 1637-1649, December.
- Catherine D. Wolfram, 1999. "Measuring Duopoly Power in the British Electricity Spot Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 805-826, September.
- Matthias Janssen & Magnus Wobben, "undated". "Electricity Pricing and Market Power - Evidence from Germany," Working Papers 200121, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- Pär Holmberg & Andy Philpott, 2014.
"Supply function equilibria in transportation networks,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1421, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pär Holmberg & Andy Philpott, 2014. "Supply function equilibria in transportation networks," Working Papers EPRG 1401, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Brown, David P. & Sappington, David E.M., 2020. "The Impacts of Load-Following Forward Contracts," Working Papers 2020-14, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Banal-Estañol, Albert & Rupérez Micola, Augusto, 2011. "Behavioural simulations in spot electricity markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(1), pages 147-159, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:growch:v:35:y:2004:i:1:p:1-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0017-4815 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.