Foreign Debt Usage in Nonâ€ Financial Firms: a Horse Race between Operating and Accounting Exposure Hedging
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gordon M. Bodnar & Gregory S. Hayt & Richard C. Marston, 1998. "1998 Wharton Survey of Financial Risk Management by US Non-Financial Firms," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 27(4), Winter.
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karl V. Lins & Henri Servaes & Ane Tamayo, 2011. "Does Fair Value Reporting Affect Risk Management? International Survey Evidence," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 40(3), pages 525-551, September.
- Froot, Kenneth A & Scharfstein, David S & Stein, Jeremy C, 1993.
"Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1629-1658, December.
- Kenneth A. Froot & David S. Scharfstein & Jeremy C. Stein, 1992. "Risk Management: Coordinating Corporate Investment and Financing Policies," NBER Working Papers 4084, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George, Thomas J. & Hwang, Chuan-Yang, 2010. "A resolution of the distress risk and leverage puzzles in the cross section of stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 56-79, April.
- Shapiro, Alan C, 1975. "Exchange Rate Changes, Inflation, and the Value of the Multinational Corporation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(2), pages 485-502, May.
- Aabo, Tom & Simkins, Betty J., 2005. "Interaction between real options and financial hedging: Fact or fiction in managerial decision-making," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3-4), pages 353-369.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Allayannis, George & Ofek, Eli, 2001. "Exchange rate exposure, hedging, and the use of foreign currency derivatives," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 273-296, April.
- Ephraim Clark & Amrit Judge, 2009. "Foreign Currency Derivatives versus Foreign Currency Debt and the Hedging Premium," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 15(3), pages 606-642, June.
- Purnanandam, Amiyatosh, 2008. "Financial distress and corporate risk management: Theory and evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 706-739, March.
- Tom Aabo, 2006. "The Importance of Corporate Foreign Debt in Managing Exchange Rate Exposures in Non‐Financial Companies," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 12(4), pages 633-649, September.
- Matti Keloharju & Mervi Niskanen, 2001. "Why Do Firms Raise Foreign Currency Denominated Debt? Evidence from Finland," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 7(4), pages 481-496, December.
- Aline Muller & Willem F. C. Verschoor, 2006. "European Foreign Exchange Risk Exposure," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 12(2), pages 195-220, March.
- George Allayannis & Gregory W. Brown & Leora F. Klapper, 2003. "Capital Structure and Financial Risk: Evidence from Foreign Debt Use in East Asia," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(6), pages 2667-2710, December.
- Ephraim Clark & Amrit Judge, 2008. "The Determinants of Foreign Currency Hedging: Does Foreign Currency Debt Induce a Bias?," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 14(3), pages 445-469, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koch, Nicolas & Basse Mama, Houdou, 2019. "Does the EU Emissions Trading System induce investment leakage? Evidence from German multinational firms," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 479-492.
- Sticca, Ralph Melles & Nakao, Silvio Hiroshi, 2019. "Hedge accounting choice as exchange loss avoidance under financial crisis: Evidence from Brazil," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(C).
- Leonardo Gambacorta & Sergio Mayordomo & Jose Maria Serena, 2020.
"Dollar borrowing, firmcharacteristics, and FX-hedged funding opportunities,"
BIS Working Papers
843, Bank for International Settlements.
- Gambacorta, Leonardo & Mayordomo, Sergio & Serena Garralda, Jose-Maria, 2020. "Dollar borrowing, firm-characteristics, and FX-hedged funding opportunities," CEPR Discussion Papers 14419, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Leonardo Gambacorta & Sergio Mayordomo & José María Serena, 2020. "Dollar borrowing, firm-characteristics, and FX-hedged funding opportunities," Working Papers 2005, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Choi, Young Mok & Park, Kunsu, 2019. "Does foreign currency-denominated debt affect dividend payout policy? Evidence from Korea," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 20-34.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:eufman:v:21:y:2015:i:3:p:590-611. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/efmaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.