Opening up for foreign banks: How Central and Eastern Europe can benefit
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- International Monetary Fund, 1992. "Issues in Managing and Sequencing Financial Sector Reforms Lessons From Experiences in Five Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 92/82, International Monetary Fund.
- Saunders, Anthony & Walter, Ingo, 1994. "Universal Banking in the United States: What Could We Gain? What Could We Lose?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195080698.
- Vittas, Dimitri & Neal, Craig, 1992. "Competition and efficiency in Hungarian banking," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1010, The World Bank.
- Kuschel, Hans-Dieter, 1992. "Die Europaabkommen der EG mit Polen, Ungarn und der CSFR," Wirtschaftsdienst – Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftspolitik (1949 - 2007), ZBW – German National Library of Economics / Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, vol. 72(2), pages 93-100.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ilko Naaborg & Bert Scholtens & Jakob de Haan & Hanneke Bol & Ralph de Haas, 2004.
"How Important are Foreign Banks in the Financial Development of European Transition Countries?,"
Journal of Emerging Market Finance,
Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 3(2), pages 99-123, August.
- Ilko Naaborg & Bert Scholtens & Jakob de Haan & Hanneke Bol & Ralph de Haas, 2003. "How Important are Foreign Banks in the Financial Development of European Transition Countries?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1100, CESifo Group Munich.
- Cazzavillan, Guido & Olszewski, Krzysztof, 2012.
"Interaction between foreign financial services and foreign direct investment in Transition Economies: An empirical analysis with focus on the manufacturing sector,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 305-319.
- Guido Cazzavillan & Krzysztof Olszewski, 2009. "Interaction between foreign financial services and foreign direct investment in Transition Economies: An empirical analysis with focus on the manufacturing sector," Working Papers 2009_22, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Tomislav Galac & Evan Kraft, 2000. "What Has Been the Impact of Foreign Banks in Croatia?," Surveys 4, The Croatian National Bank, Croatia.
- Bogaard, Hein & Svejnar, Jan, 2013.
"Incentive Pay and Performance: Insider Econometrics in a Multi-Unit Firm,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7800, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bogaard, Hein & Svejnar, Jan, 2014. "Incentive Pay and Performance: Insider Econometrics in a Multi-Unit Firm," CEPR Discussion Papers 9789, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jagdish R. Raiyani, 2011. "Analysis of Operational Efficiency in Indian Banks: A Comparative Study," Journal of Commerce and Trade, Society for Advanced Management Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 80-88, October.
- Hanneke Bol & Jakob de Haan & Bert Scholtens & Ralph de Haas, 2002. "How Important Are Foreign Banks in European Transition Countries? A Comparative Analysis," International Finance 0209005, EconWPA.
- Gur Ofer, 2001. "Development and Transition: Emerging, but Merging?," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 6(1), pages 107-146.
- Tigran Poghosyan & Arsen Poghosyan, 2010.
"Foreign bank entry, bank efficiency and market power in Central and Eastern European Countries,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 18(3), pages 571-598, July.
- Poghosyan Tigran & Poghosyan Arsen, 2009. "Foreign Bank Entry, Bank Efficiency and Market Power in Central and Eastern European Countries," EERC Working Paper Series 09/01e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Abel, Istvan & Siklos, Pierre L., 2004. "Secrets to the successful Hungarian bank privatization: the benefits of foreign ownership through strategic partnerships," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 111-123, June.
- Parinduri, Rasyad A. & Riyanto, Yohanes E., 2012.
"The Impact of the Strategic Sale of Restructured Banks: Evidence from Indonesia,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 446-457.
- Rasyad A. Parinduri & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2007. "The effect of Strategic Sale of Banks : Evidence from Indonesia," Development Economics Working Papers 21923, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Rasyad A. Parinduri & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2007. "The effect of Strategic Sale of Banks: Evidence from Indonesia," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0709, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Adrian E. Tschoegl, 2004. "Financial Crises and the Presence of Foreign Banks," International Finance 0405016, EconWPA.
- Yu Hsing, 2005. "Effects of Macroeconomic Policies and Stock Market Performance on the Estonian Economy," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2005(2), pages 109-116.
- Lensink, Robert & Hermes, Niels, 2004. "The short-term effects of foreign bank entry on domestic bank behaviour: Does economic development matter?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 553-568, March.
- R.T.A. de Haas & I. van Lelyveld, 2002. "Foreign Bank Penetration and Bank Credit Stability in Central and Eastern Europe," Research Series Supervision (discontinued) 43, Netherlands Central Bank, Directorate Supervision.
- Zeynep Önder & Süheyla Özyıldırım, 2016. "Foreign banks, financial crises and macroeconomic fluctuations," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 24(3), pages 447-479, July.
- Philipp Harms & Aaditya Mattoo & Ludger Schuknecht, 2003.
"Explaining liberalization commitments in financial services trade,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 139(1), pages 82-113, March.
- Harms, Philipp*Mattoo, Aaditya*Schuknecht, Ludge, 2003. "Explaining liberalization commitments in financial services trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2999, The World Bank.
- Gur Ofer, 2001. "Développement et transition : émergence ou convergence ?," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 6(1), pages 115-160.
- Usman Bashir & Zaheer Abbas & Muntazir Hussain, 2014. "The Effect of Foreign Bank Presence on Domestic Banks Performance: An Evidence from a Developing Economy," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 10(2), pages 36-50, April.
- Adnan Kasman & Kamila Mekenbayeva, 2016. "Technical Efficiency and Total Factor Productivity in the Kazakh Banking Industry," Acta Oeconomica, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 66(4), pages 685-709, December.
- Akbar, Yusaf H. & McBride, J. Brad, 2004. "Multinational enterprise strategy, foreign direct investment and economic development: the case of the Hungarian banking industry," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 89-105, February.
- Laurent Weill, 2006. "Propriété étrangère et efficience technique des banques dans les pays en transition. Une analyse par la méthode dea," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 57(5), pages 1093-1108.
- Scholtens, Bert, 2000. "Financial regulation and financial system architecture in Central Europe," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 525-553, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:etrans:v:5:y:1997:i:2:p:339-366. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ebrdduk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.