Buy‐outs in Hungary, Poland and Russia: governance and finance issues1
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Grosfeld, Irena & Roland, Gérard, 1995.
"Defensive and Strategic Restructuring in Central European Enterprises,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1135, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grosfeld, I. & Roland, G., 1995. "Defensive and Strategic Restructuring in Central European Enterprises," DELTA Working Papers 95-18, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Grosfeld, Irena, 1994. "Financial Systems in Transition: Is there a Case for a Bank Based System?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1062, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Judit Karsai & Mike Wright & Zbigniew Dudzinski & Jan Morovic, 1998. "Screening and valuing venture capital investments: evidence from Hungary, Poland and Slovakia," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 203-224, January.
- Karsai, Judit, 2006. "Kockázati tőke európai szemmel. A kockázati- és magántőkeipar másfél évtizedes fejlődése Magyarországon és Kelet-Közép-Európában [Venture capital through European eyes. The development of venture a," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(11), pages 1023-1051.
- Judit Karsai, 2004. "Can the state replace private capital investors? Public financing of venture capital in Hungary," CERS-IE WORKING PAPERS 0409, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies.
- Mike Wright & Igor Filatotchev & Trevor Buck & Kate Bishop, 2003. "Is Stakeholder Corporate Governance Appropriate in Russia?," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 7(3), pages 263-290, September.
- Estrin, Saul & Wright, Mike, 1999. "Corporate Governance in the Former Soviet Union: An Overview," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 398-421, September.
- Irena Grosfeld & Claudia Senik-Leygonie, 1996. "Trois enjeux des privatisations à l'Est," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 47(6), pages 1351-1371.
- Mike Wright & Judit Karsai & Zbigniew Dudzinski & Jan Morovic, 1999. "Transition and Active Investors: Venture Capital in Hungary, Poland and Slovakia," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 27-46.
- Bersant Hobdari, 2008. "Insider Ownership and Capital Constraints: An Empirical Investigation of the Credit Rationing Hypothesis in Estonia," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(6), pages 536-549, November.
- Elizabeth Brainerd, 2000. "How Does Privatization Affect Workers? The Case of the Russian Mass Privatization Program," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 303, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Judit Karsai & Mike Wright & Igor Filatotchev, 1997. "Venture Capital in Transition Economies: The Case of Hungary," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 21(4), pages 93-110, July.
- Marc Duponcel, 1998. "Restructuring of food industries in the five Central and Eastern European front-runners towards EU membership (CEEC-5). A comparative review," CERT Discussion Papers 9806, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Olivier Bouin & Irena Grosfeld, 1995.
"Crédibilité des réformes et ajustement des entreprises en Pologne et en République tchèque,"
Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 46(3), pages 775-786.
- Bouin, O. & Grosfeld, I., 1994. "Crédibilité des réformes et ajustement des entreprises en Pologne et en république tchèque," DELTA Working Papers 94-24, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Honohan, Patrick*Vittas, Dimitri, 1996. "Bank regulation and the network paradigm : policy implications for developing and transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1631, The World Bank.
- Nebojša Stojcic & Heri Bezic, 2012. "Restructuring and Barriers: Cross-Country Evidence on the Competitiveness of Exporters in Transition," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 10(2 (Summer), pages 145-170.
- Jan Hagemejer & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2020.
"A New Instrument for Measuring the Local Causal Effect of Privatisation on Firm Performance,"
Gospodarka Narodowa. The Polish Journal of Economics, Warsaw School of Economics, issue 3, pages 35-52.
- Jan Hagemejer & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2019. "A new instrument for measuring the local causal effect of privatization on firm performance," GRAPE Working Papers 38, GRAPE Group for Research in Applied Economics.
- Saibal Ghosh, 2010.
"How Did State‐Owned Banks Respond To Privatization? Evidence From The Indian Experiment,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 81(3), pages 389-421, September.
- Ghosh, Saibal, 2010. "How did state-owned banks respond to privatization? Evidence from the Indian experiment," MPRA Paper 24716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bennett, John & Maw, James, 2000.
"Privatisation and market structure in a transition economy,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 357-382, September.
- John Bennett & James Maw, 1998. "Privatisation and Market Structure in a Transition Economy," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 175, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Roland, Gerard & Sekkat, Khalid, 2000.
"Managerial career concerns, privatization and restructuring in transition economies,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 1857-1872, December.
- Roland, Gérard & Sekkat, Khalid, 1996. "Managerial Career Concerns, Privatization and Restructuring in Transition Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 1363, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gérard Roland & Khalid Sekkat, 2000. "Managerial career concerns, privatization and restructuring in transition economies," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7340, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Voszka, Éva, 2005. "Állami tulajdonlás - elvi indokok és gyakorlati dilemmák [State ownership - reasons in principle and dilemmas in practice]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(1), pages 1-23.
- Guido Friebel & Elena Panova, 2008.
"Insider Privatization and Careers: A Study of a Russian Firm in Transition,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Analysis of Firms and Employees: Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches, pages 253-266,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guido Friebel & Elena Panova, 2007. "Insider Privatization and Careers - A Study of a Russian Firm in Transition," NBER Working Papers 12998, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jérôme Sgard, 1995. "Recapitalisations des banques et aléa moral en Hongrie et en Pologne," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/8101, Sciences Po.
- Jan J. Rutkowski & Stefano Scarpetta, 2005. "Enhancing Job Opportunities : Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7408, November.
- Hyvärinen, Jari, 2004. "EU Outsourcing to the East, Governance and Innovation Systems in the Baltic Countries - A Three-Stage Approach," Discussion Papers 934, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Jean-François Nivet, 1997. "Comportement des employés et restructuration des entreprises d'Etat en Europe centrale," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 48(1), pages 75-91.
- Jana Fidrmucova, 2000. "Channels of Restructuring in Privatized Czech Companies," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1358, Econometric Society.
- Irena Zareva, 2008. "Main Challenges to the Educational and Professional Qualification of the Labor Force in Bulgaria," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 3, pages 24-65.
- Iraj Hashi, 1997. "Mass Privatisation and Corporate Governance in the Czech Republic," Working Papers 003, Staffordshire University, Business School.
- Boris Marinov & Bruce Heiman, 1998. "Company Law and Corporate Governance Renewal in Transition Economies: The Bulgarian Dilemma," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 231-261, November.
- Debande, Olivier & Friebel, Guido, 2004. "A positive theory of give-away privatization," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1309-1325, November.
- Kaditi, Eleni A., 2011. "Market Dynamics in Supply Chains: The Impact of Globalisation and Consolidation on Food Companies' Mark-Ups," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114452, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Szanyi, Miklós, 1998. "Ipari beruházások az átalakuló országokban. Egy empirikus felmérés eredményei [Industrial investments in the transforming countries. The results of an empirical survey]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(9), pages 851-868.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:etrans:v:4:y:1996:i:1:p:67-88. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ebrdduk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.