Water and Economic Growth
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Edward Barbier, 2002. "Water and Economic Growth," Centre for International Economic Studies Working Papers 2002-28, University of Adelaide, Centre for International Economic Studies.
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip Brown & Terry Walter, 1986. "Ex-Dividend Day Behaviour of Australian Share Prices," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 11(2), pages 139-152, December.
- David C. Heath & Robert A. Jarrow, 2008.
"Ex-Dividend Stock Price Behavior and Arbitrage Opportunities,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Derivatives Pricing Selected Works of Robert Jarrow, chapter 3, pages 47-60
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Heath, David C & Jarrow, Robert A, 1988. "Ex-dividend Stock Price Behavior and Arbitrage Opportunities," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(1), pages 95-108, January.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J, 1970. "Marginal Stockholder Tax Rates and the Clientele Effect," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(1), pages 68-74, February.
- Michaely, Roni & Vila, Jean-Luc, 1996. "Trading Volume with Private Valuation: Evidence from the Ex-dividend Day," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(2), pages 471-509.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Vermaelen, Theo, 1986. "Tax-induced trading around ex-dividend days," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 287-319, July.
- Milonas, Nikolaos T. & Travlos, Nickolaos G. & Xiao, Jason Zezhong & Tan, Cunkai, 2006. "The ex-dividend day stock price behavior in the Chinese stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 155-174, April.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron, 1974. "The effects of dividend yield and dividend policy on common stock prices and returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 1-22, May.
- Eades, Kenneth M. & Hess, Patrick J. & Kim, E. Han, 1984. "On interpreting security returns during the ex-dividend period," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 3-34, March.
- Frank, Murray & Jagannathan, Ravi, 1998.
"Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 161-188, February.
- Murray Frank & Ravi Jagannathan, 1997. "Why do stock prices drop by less than the value of the dividend? Evidence from a country without taxes," Staff Report 229, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Bali, Rakesh & Hite, Gailen L., 1998. "Ex dividend day stock price behavior: discreteness or tax-induced clienteles?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 127-159, February.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M. & Walkling, Ralph A., 1988. "Short-term trading around ex-dividend days : Additional evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 291-298, September.
- Miller, Merton H & Scholes, Myron S, 1982. "Dividends and Taxes: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1118-1141, December.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Vermaelen, Theo, 1983. " Tax Reform and Ex-Dividend Day Behavior," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1157-1179, September.
- Poterba, James M & Summers, Lawrence H, 1984.
" New Evidence that Taxes Affect the Valuation of Dividends,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 39(5), pages 1397-1415, December.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence A. Summers, 1984. "New Evidence that Taxes Affect the Valuation of Dividends," Working papers 338, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1984. "New Evidence that Taxes Affect the Valuation of Dividends," NBER Working Papers 1288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bhaduri, Anik & Perez, Nicostrato D. & Liebe, Jens, 2008. "Scope and Sustainability of Cooperation in Transboundary Water Sharing of the Volta River," Discussion Papers 43324, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Barbier,Edward B., 2007. "Natural Resources and Economic Development," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521706513, March.
- Bhaduri, Anik & Manna, Utpal & Barbier, Edward B. & Liebe, Jens, 2009. "Cooperation in transboundary water sharing under climate change," Discussion Papers 51303, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Lenzen, Manfred & Bhaduri, Anik & Moran, Daniel & Kanemoto, Keiichiro & Bekchanov, Maksud & Geschke, Arne & Foran, Barney, 2012. "The role of scarcity in global virtual water flows," Discussion Papers 133478, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Antti Simola & Juntunen, Janne & Meriläinen, Päivi, 2016. "Contaminants and pathogens in waterways - economic assessment of risks," EcoMod2016 9442, EcoMod.
- Elisa Gatto & Matteo Lanzafame, 2005. "Water resource as a factor of production - water use and economic growth," ERSA conference papers ersa05p227, European Regional Science Association.
- Fang, Xiangming & Roe, Terry L. & Smith, Rodney B.W., 2006. "Water Shortages, Water Allocation and Economic Growth: The Case of China," Conference Papers 6629, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- McCartney, Matthew & Smakhtin, Vladimir, 2010. "Water storage in an era of climate change: addressing the challenge of increasing rainfall variability. Blue paper," IWMI Reports 212430, International Water Management Institute.
More about this item
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecorec:v:80:y:2004:i:248:p:1-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esausea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.