Why Do Underground Reducing Policies Often Fail Their Scope? Some Answers From The Italian Experience
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bruno Chiarini & Marco Di Domizio & Elisabetta Marzano, 2008. "Why do underground reducing policies often fail their scope? Some answers from the Italian experience," Working Papers 8_2008, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
References listed on IDEAS
- Das-Gupta, Arindam & Mookherjee, Dilip, 1996.
"Tax Amnesties as Asset-Laundering Devices,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 408-431, October.
- Arindam Das-Gupta & Dilip Mookherjee, 1995. "Tax Amnesties as Asset Laundering Devices," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 69, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Herman B. Leonard & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1987. "Amnesty, Enforcement, and Tax Policy," NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 1, pages 55-86 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allingham, Michael G. & Sandmo, Agnar, 1972. "Income tax evasion: a theoretical analysis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 323-338, November.
- Eduardo Engel & James R. Hines Jr., 1998.
"Understanding Tax Evasion Dynamics,"
Documentos de Trabajo
47, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Eduardo Engel & James Hines, 2000. "Understanding Tax Evasion Dynamics," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1117, Econometric Society.
- Eduardo M.R.A. Engel & James R. Hines, Jr., 1999. "Understanding Tax Evasion Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 6903, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abowd, John M. & Kramarz, Francis, 2003. "The costs of hiring and separations," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 499-530, October.
- Franzoni, Luigi Alberto, 1996. "Punishment and Grace: On the Economics of Tax Amnesties," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 51(3), pages 353-368.
- Franzoni, Luigi Alberto, 2000. "Amnesties, Settlements and Optimal Tax Enforcement," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 67(266), pages 153-176, May.
- Dominik H. Enste & Friedrich Schneider, 2000. "Shadow Economies: Size, Causes, and Consequences," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 77-114, March.
- Francesco Busato & Bruno Chiarini, 2004. "Market and underground activities in a two-sector dynamic equilibrium model," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 23(4), pages 831-861, May.
- Snow, Arthur & Warren, Ronald Jr., 2005. "Tax evasion under random audits with uncertain detection," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 97-100, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruno Chiarini & Simona Monteleone, 2016.
"Discretionary policy, strategic complementarity and tax evasion: a strategic analysis of the Italian audit mechanism,"
Economia Politica: Journal of Analytical and Institutional Economics,
Springer;Fondazione Edison, vol. 33(1), pages 99-117, April.
- Bruno Chiarini & Simona Monteleone, 2011. "Discretionary policy, strategic complementarity and tax evasion. A strategic analysis of the Italian audit mechanism," Discussion Papers 4_2011, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Raffaella Basile & Bruno Chiarini & Elisabetta Marzano, 2011.
"Can we Rely upon Fiscal Policy Estimates in Countries with Unreported Production of 15 Per Cent (or more) of GDP?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
3521, CESifo Group Munich.
- Raffaella Basile & Bruno Chiarini & Elisabetta Marzano, 2012. "Can we rely upon fiscal policy estimates in countries with unreported production of 15 per cent (or more) of GDP?," Working Papers 1, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Giuseppe Ciccarone & Francesco Giuli, 2012. "Underground labor, search frictions and macroeconomic fluctuations," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0159, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Bruno Chiarini & Elisabetta Marzano & Friedrich Schneider, 2013. "Tax rates and tax evasion: an empirical analysis of the long-run aspects in Italy," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 273-293, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ecopol:v:21:y:2009:i:2:p:308-318. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0954-1985 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.