Gun Buybacks and Firm Behavior: Do Buyback Programs Really Reduce the Number of Guns?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mullin, Wallace P., 2001. "Will gun buyback programs increase the quantity of guns?," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 87-102, March.
- Bulow, Jeremy I, 1982. "Durable-Goods Monopolists," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(2), pages 314-332, April.
- Gregory Goering & Michael Pippenger, 2002. "Durable Goods Monopoly and Forward Markets," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 271-282.
- Christine Neill, 2010.
"Do Gun Buybacks Save Lives? Evidence from Panel Data,"
American Law and Economics Review,
Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 462-508.
- Leigh, Andrew & Neill, Christine, 2010. "Do Gun Buybacks Save Lives? Evidence from Panel Data," IZA Discussion Papers 4995, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Goering, Gregory E., 1992. "Oligopolies and product durability," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 55-63, March.
- Wang-Sheng Lee & Sandy Suardi, 2010.
"The Australian Firearms Buyback And Its Effect On Gun Deaths,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(1), pages 65-79, January.
- Wang-Sheng Lee & Sandy Suardi, 2008. "The Australian Firearms Buyback and Its Effect on Gun Deaths," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2008n17, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Jeremy Bulow, 1986. "An Economic Theory of Planned Obsolescence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 729-749.
- Coase, Ronald H, 1972. "Durability and Monopoly," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages 143-149, April.
- Michael Waldman, 2003. "Durable Goods Theory for Real World Markets," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 131-154, Winter.
- Butz, David A, 1990. "Durable-Good Monopoly and Best-Price Provisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1062-1076, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMonopoly; Durable goods; Gun buybacks;
- L3 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bap:journl:110103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlson). General contact details of provider: http://www.bapress.ca .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.