Is Romania Ready for Adopting Euro?
The common monetary policy is applyed in all member states of the Economic and Monetary Union (EMU), having a common institutional system, common European currency and system of regulations that helps them coordinate the banking activities in all EMU. The application of this policy has brought remarkable results so far, settling the monetary market in the euro zone. But, the new European Union member states have to apply these common rules and regulations in order for them to accede to EMU, which could produce both positive and negative effects, especially given that most of their economies are not yet ready for this king of changes. It is Romania’s situation as well, having had the target set on acceding this by 2014. But is the Romanian economy ready for such a change? And how close is Romania to achieving the convergence criteria?
Volume (Year): (2010)
Issue (Month): 15 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: str. Spiru Haret, nr. 8, cod 600114, Bacău|
Web page: http://fsec.ub.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cillian Ryan & Nicholas Horsewood, 2009. "The role of banks in financial integration: evidence from new EU members," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 235-258, October.
- Michael D. Bordo & Harold James, 2008.
"A Long Term Perspective on the Euro,"
NBER Working Papers
13815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jesús Crespo Cuaresma & Jarko Fidrmuc & Maria Silgoner, 2008. "Fundamentals, the exchange rate and prospects for the current and future EU enlargements: evidence from Bulgaria, Croatia, Romania and Turkey," Empirica, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 195-211, April.
- Jan Babecký, 2008. "Aggregate Wage Flexibility in New EU Member States," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 2(2), pages 123-145, September.
- Michael Arghyrou, 2009.
"Monetary policy before and after the euro: evidence from Greece,"
Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 621-643, June.
- Arghyrou, Michael G, 2006. "Monetary policy before and after the euro: Evidence from Greece," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2006/26, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Václav Žďárek, 2009. "Challenges for the new EU member states on the road to the Eurozone," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 157-177, July.
- Ansgar Belke & Julia Spies, 2008.
"Enlarging the EMU to the east: what effects on trade?,"
Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 369-389, September.
- Belke, Ansgar & Spies, Julia, 2007. "Enlarging the EMU to the east: What effects on trade?," Ruhr Economic Papers 21, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung (RWI), Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Belke, Ansgar H. & Spies, Julia, 2008. "Enlarging the EMU to the East: What Effects on Trade?," IZA Discussion Papers 3647, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Juraj Antal & Tomáš Holub, 2007. "Exchange Rate Arrangements Prior to Euro Adoption," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 1(3), pages 312-323, November.
- Corrado Passera, 2004. "The Enlarged EU: Economic Integration, Financial Development, and Business Opportunities for Foreign Banks," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 11(3), pages 17-27, December.
- Aron Octavian, 2008. "The Impact of Europeanization upon Party Systems in Slovakia and Romania," Transition Studies Review, Springer;Central Eastern European University Network (CEEUN), vol. 15(2), pages 273-280, September.
- Tigran Poghosyan, 2009. "Are “new” and “old” EU members becoming more financially integrated? A threshold cointegration analysis," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 259-281, October.
- Tommy Gärling & John Thøgersen, 2007. "Effects of the Euro Changeover on Consumer Behaviour: Introduction to the Special Issue," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 303-311, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bac:fsecub:10-15-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bogdan Nichifor)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.