Impact of Consumer Loans on Inflation and Current Account Deficit: A Toda Yamamoto Causality Test for Turkey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Davis, J. Scott & Mack, Adrienne & Phoa, Wesley & Vandenabeele, Anne, 2016.
"Credit booms, banking crises, and the current account,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 360-377.
- J. Scott Davis & Adrienne Mack & Wesley Phoa & Anne Vandenabeele, 2014. "Credit booms, banking crises, and the current account," Globalization Institute Working Papers 178, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 13 May 2014.
- Scott Davis & Adrienne Mack & Wesley Phoa & Anne Vandenabeele, 2014. "Credit Booms, Banking Crises, and the Current Account," Working Papers 292014, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Suna Korkmaz, 2015. "Impact of Bank Credits on Economic Growth and Inflation," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 5(1), pages 1-4.
- Moral-Benito, Enrique & Roehn, Oliver, 2016.
"The impact of financial regulation on current account balances,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 148-166.
- Enrique Moral-Benito & Oliver Roehn, 2014. "The impact of financial (de)regulation on current account balances," Working Papers 1424, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Motonishi, Taizo & Yoshikawa, Hiroshi, 1999.
"Causes of the Long Stagnation of Japan during the 1990s: Financial or Real?,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 181-200, September.
- Taizo Motonishi & Hirshi Yoshikawa, 1999. "Causes of the Long Stagnation of Japan During the 1990s: Financial or Real?," NBER Working Papers 7351, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taizo Motonishi & Hiroshi Yoshikawa, 1999. "Causes of the Long Stagnation of Japan during the 1990 fs: Financial or Real?," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-56, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Karim Eslamloueyan & Ali Darvishi, 2007. "Credit Expansion and Inflation in Iran: An Unrestricted Error Correction Model," Iranian Economic Review (IER), Faculty of Economics,University of Tehran.Tehran,Iran, vol. 12(2), pages 105-126, spring.
- Kunieda, Takuma & Shibata, Akihisa, 2005.
"Credit constraints and the current account: A test for the Japanese economy,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1261-1277, December.
- Takuma Kunieda & Akihisa Shibata, 2003. "Credit Constraints and the Current Account: A Test for the Japanese Economy," KIER Working Papers 573, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Jan Groen, 2004.
"Corporate credit, stock price inflation and economic fluctuations,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(18), pages 1995-2006.
- J.J.J. Groen, 2001. "Corporate Credit, Stock Price Inflation and Economic Fluctuations," WO Research Memoranda (discontinued) 651, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Miguel Tinoco-Zermeño & Francisco Venegas-Martínez & Víctor Torres-Preciado, 2014. "Growth, bank credit, and inflation in Mexico: evidence from an ARDL-bounds testing approach," Latin American Economic Review, Springer;Centro de Investigaciòn y Docencia Económica (CIDE), vol. 23(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Hülsewig, Oliver & Mayer, Eric & Wollmershäuser, Timo, 2009. "Bank behavior, incomplete interest rate pass-through, and the cost channel of monetary policy transmission," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1310-1327, November.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1991.
"Corporate Structure, Liquidity, and Investment: Evidence from Japanese Industrial Groups,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 106(1), pages 33-60.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil K. Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1989. "Corporate structure, liquidity, and investment: evidence from Japanese industrial groups," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 82, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Reuben A. Kessel & Armen A. Alchian, 1962. "Effects of Inflation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 521-521.
- Pool, Sebastiaan & de Haan, Leo & Jacobs, Jan P.A.M., 2015.
"Loan loss provisioning, bank credit and the real economy,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 124-136.
- Sebastiaan Pool & Leo de Haan & Jan Jacobs, 2014. "Loan loss provisioning, bank credit and the real economy," DNB Working Papers 445, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Atta-Mensah, Joseph & Dib, Ali, 2008.
"Bank lending, credit shocks, and the transmission of Canadian monetary policy,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 159-176.
- Joseph Atta-Mensah & Ali Dib, 2003. "Bank Lending, Credit Shocks, and the Transmission of Canadian Monetary Policy," Staff Working Papers 03-9, Bank of Canada.
- Boyd, John H. & Levine, Ross & Smith, Bruce D., 2001. "The impact of inflation on financial sector performance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 221-248, April.
- Alan Haight, 2007. "A Keynesian angle for the Taylor rule: mortgage rates, monthly payment illusion, and the scarecrow effect of inflation," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 259-277.
- Oludele Akinloye Akinboade & Daniel Makina, 2010. "Econometric analysis of bank lending and business cycles in South Africa," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(29), pages 3803-3811.
- Jacob A. Bikker, 2004. "Competition and Efficiency in a Unified European Banking Market," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2830.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Egzona Hani Selimi & Milan Eliskovski, 2018. "The effect of household and enterprise credit on current account balance: Evidence from the Republic of North Macedonia," Working Papers 2018-09, National Bank of the Republic of North Macedonia.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer Loans; Inflation; Current Account Deficit; Johansen Co-integration Test; Toda Yamamoto Causality Test;
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ana:journl:v:2:y:2016:i:2:p:3-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Unal Tongur). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ewanatr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.