The Regional Impact of Discriminatory Trade Liberalization on Colombian Agriculture
This study provides an assessment of the potential impact of trade liberalization on the regional structure of Colombian agriculture. For this, a two-step methodology is imple-mented. First, the effects of discriminatory trade liberalization are estimated by means of a multi-region general equilibrium model. Second, relevant price and quantity changes are transmitted to a simple transportation model that simulates the likely changes that trade libe-ralization will bring upon the spatial structure of agriculture. Results indicate that changes in the spatial structure of agricultural production in Colombia are not negligible and are instru-mental for policy design on several fronts.
Volume (Year): 39 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://jrap-journal.org/index.htm|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eduardo Haddad & Jaime Bonet Moron & Geoffrey Hewings & Fernando Perobelli, 2008.
"Spatial Aspects of Trade Liberalization in Colombia:A General Equilibrium Approach,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
004690, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- E.A. Haddad & J. Bonet & G.J.D. Hewings & F.S. Perobelli, 2009. "Spatial aspects of trade liberalization in Colombia: A general equilibrium approach," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(4), pages 699-732, November.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Jaime Bonet & Geoffrey. J.D.Hewings & Fernando S Perobelli, . "Spatial Aspects of Trade Liberalization in Colombia: A General Equilibrium Approach," Borradores de Economia 515, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Jesús Botero, 2005. "Estimación del impacto sobre el empleo de los tratados de libre comercio en Colombia; análisis de equilibrio general computable," DOCUMENTOS DE INVESTIGACION 002600, CEPAL NACIONES UNIDAS.
- Eduardo A. Haddad & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 2009. "Handling Market Imperfections in a Spatial Economy: Some Experimental Results II," ENSAYOS SOBRE POLÍTICA ECONÓMICA, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA - ESPE.
- Fujii, Tomoki & Roland-Holst, David, 2007.
"How Does Vietnam's Accession to the World Trade Organization Change the Spatial Incidence of Poverty?,"
Working Paper Series
UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Fujii, Tomoki & Roland-Holst, David, 2008. "How does Vietnam's accession to the World Trade Organization change the spatial incidence of poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4521, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jrapmc:132436. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.