Factors Affecting Beef Cow-Herd Costs, Production, and Profits
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ramsey, Ruslyn & Doye, Damona & Ward, Clement & McGrann, James & Falconer, Larry & Bevers, Stanley, 2005. "Factors Affecting Beef Cow-Herd Costs, Production, and Profits," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(01), pages 91-99, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pesaran, M.H. & Samiei, H., 1990. "Estimating Limited-Dependent Rational Expectations Models," Papers 18, California Los Angeles - Applied Econometrics.
- Lee, Lung-fei, 1999. "Estimation of dynamic and ARCH Tobit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 355-390, October.
- Shonkwiler, J S & Maddala, G S, 1985. "Modeling Expectations of Bounded Prices: An Application to the Market for Corn," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(4), pages 697-702, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- McBride, William D. & Johnson, James D., 2006.
"Defining and Characterizing Approaches to Farm Management,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(01), April.
- McBride, William D. & Johnson, James D., 2006. "Defining and Characterizing Approaches to Farm Management," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(01), pages 155-167, April.
- Ashfield, A. & Crosson, P. & Wallace, M., 2013. "Simulation modelling of temperate grassland based dairy calf to beef production systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 41-50.
- Jeffrey Gillespie & Richard Nehring, 2013.
"Comparing economic performance of organic and conventional U.S. beef farms using matching samples,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 57(2), pages 178-192, April.
- Gillespie, Jeffrey & Nehring, Richard, 2013. "Comparing economic performance of organic and conventional U.S. beef farms using matching samples," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 57(2), June.
- Adkins, Tracey S. & Riley, John Michael & Little, Randall D. & Coatney, Kalyn T., 2012. "Cow-Calf Operations in the Southeastern United States: An Analysis of Farm Characteristics and Production Risks," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119757, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Elliott, Lisa & Parcell, Joe & Patterson, David & Smith, Michael F. & Poock, Scott, 2013. "Factors Influencing Beef Reproductive Technology Adoption," Journal of the ASFMRA, American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers.
- Gillespie, Jeffrey & Qushim, Berdikul & Nyaupane, Narayan & McMillin, Kenneth, 2015.
"Breeding Technologies in U.S. Meat Goat Production: Who Are the Adopters and How Does Adoption Impact Productivity?,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 44(3), December.
- Gillespie, Jeffrey & Qushim, Berdikul & Nyaupane, Narayan & McMillin, Kenneth, 2015. "Breeding Technologies in U.S. Meat Goat Production: Who are the Adopters and How Does Adoption Impact Productivity?," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(03), pages 315-339, December.
- Pashaei Kamali, Farahnaz & van der Linden, Aart & Meuwissen, Miranda P.M. & Malafaia, Guilherme Cunha & Oude Lansink, Alfons G.J.M. & de Boer, Imke J.M., 2016. "Environmental and economic performance of beef farming systems with different feeding strategies in southern Brazil," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 70-79.
- Marques, P.R. & Barcellos, J.O.J. & McManus, C. & Oaigen, R.P. & Collares, F.C. & Canozzi, M.E.A. & Lampert, V.N., 2011. "Competitiveness of beef farming in Rio Grande do Sul State, Brazil," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(9), pages 689-693.
- Ashfield, A. & Wallace, M. & Crosson, P., 2014. "Economic comparison of pasture based dairy calf-to-beef production systems under temperate grassland conditions," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management;International Farm Management Association, vol. 3(3), April.
- Wang, Tong & Park, Seong C. & Bevers, Stan & Teague, Richard & Cho, Jaesung, 2013. "Factors Affecting Cow-Calf Herd Performance and Greenhouse Gas Emissions," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 38(3), December.
- repec:ags:afjare:225658 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dhoubhadel, Sunil P. & Stockton, Matthew C., 2013. "Economic Differences Among Beef Production Systems Of The Nebraska Sandhills," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 142743, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Tsakiridis, Andreas & Breen, James & O'Donoghue, Cathal & Hanrahan, Kevin & Wallace, Michael & Crosson, Paul, 2016. "Flexibility of beef suckler cow systems under varying calf retention strategies," 90th Annual Conference, April 4-6, 2016, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 236289, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Iimi, Atsushi, 2007. "Infrastructure and trade preferences for the livestock sector : empirical evidence from the beef industry in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4201, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordsbeef; cattle; costs; cow-calf; economics; production; profits; return on assets; Production Economics; Q120;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:joaaec:43687. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.