Live and Feeder Cattle Options Markets: Returns, Risk, and Volatility Forecasting
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brittain, Lee & Garcia, Philip & Irwin, Scott H., 2009. "Live and Feeder Cattle Options Markets: Returns, Risk, and Volatility Forecasting," 2009 Conference, April 20-21, 2009, St. Louis, Missouri 53038, NCCC-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
References listed on IDEAS
- Good, Darrel L. & Irwin, Scott H. & Isengildina, Olga, 2006.
"The Value of USDA Situation and Outlook Information in Hog and Cattle Markets,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(02), August.
- Isengildina, Olga & Irwin, Scott H. & Good, Darrel L., 2005. "The Value of USDA Situation and Outlook Information in Hog and Cattle Markets," 2005 Conference, April 18-19, 2005, St. Louis, Missouri 19050, NCR-134 Conference on Applied Commodity Price Analysis, Forecasting, and Market Risk Management.
- Egelkraut, Thorsten M. & Garcia, Philip, 2006. "Intermediate Volatility Forecasts Using Implied Forward Volatility: The Performance of Selected Agricultural Commodity Options," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(03), December.
- Andrew McKenzie & Michael Thomsen & Josh Phelan, 2007. "How do you straddle hogs and pigs? Ask the Greeks!," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(7), pages 511-520.
- Yanhong H. Jin & Gabriel J. Power & Levan Elbakidze, 2008. "The Impact of North American BSE Events on Live Cattle Futures Prices," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1279-1286.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bozic, Marin & Newton, John & Thraen, Cameron S. & Gould, Brian W., 2012. "Parametric Bootstrap Tests for Futures Price and Implied Volatility Biases with Application to Rating Livestock Margin Insurance for Dairy Cattle," Staff Papers 135077, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsfeeder cattle; live cattle; options; returns; risk; volatility forecasting; Livestock Production/Industries; Risk and Uncertainty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:105515. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.