Canadian Agriculture and the Doha Development Agenda: The Challenges
The WTO Framework Agreement that negotiators accepted in July 2004, and built upon at the 2005 Hong Kong Ministerial meeting provides a guide to the commitments a Doha Development Agenda agreement may contain. These commitments will relate to direct and indirect export subsidies, domestic support and market access. Commitments in each of these areas will have implications for Canadian agriculture. This article explores these implications for supply management, the Canadian Wheat Board and domestic support programs.
Volume (Year): 07 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (306) 244-4800
Fax: (306) 244-7839
Web page: http://www.esteycentre.com/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Goodloe, Carol, 2004. "The Canadian Wheat Board: Government Guarantees and Hidden Subsidies," Agricultural Marketing Policy Center Agricultural Marketing Policy Papers 29160, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
- Brink, Lars, 2005. "WTO 2004 Agriculture Framework: Disciplines on Distorting Domestic Support," Working Papers 14587, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Young, Linda M. & Abbott, Philip C. & Leetmaa, Susan E., 2001. "Export Competition: Issues And Options In The Agricultural Negotiations," Commissioned Papers 14624, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Karl Meilke & Rakhal Sarker & Danny Roy, 1998. "The Potential for Increased Trade in Milk and Dairy Products between Canada and the United States under Trade Liberalization," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 46(2), pages 149-169, 07.
- Gibson, Paul R. & Wainio, John & Whitley, Daniel B. & Bohman, Mary, 2001. "Profiles Of Tariffs In Global Agricultural Markets," Agricultural Economics Reports 34055, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Rude, James & Meilke, Karl D., 2005.
"Implications of the July 2004 WTO Framework Agreement for Canadian Agriculture,"
Trade Policy Briefs
24150, Canadian Agricultural Trade Policy Research Network.
- Rude, James & Meilke, Karl D., 2005. "Implications of the July 2004 WTO Framework Agreement for Canadian Agriculture," Commissioned Papers 24159, Canadian Agricultural Trade Policy Research Network.
- Goodloe, Carol, 2004. "The Canadian Wheat Board: Government Guarantees and Hidden Subsidies?," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 5(2).
- Meilke, Karl D. & Lariviere, Sylvain & Martin, Craig, 2001. "Trade Liberalization in the Dairy Sector: An Overview," Estey Centre Journal of International Law and Trade Policy, Estey Centre for Law and Economics in International Trade, vol. 2(1).
- Sylvain Larivière & Karl Meilke, 1999. "An Assessment of Partial Dairy Trade Liberalization on the U.S., EU–15 and Canada," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 47(5), pages 59-73, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ecjilt:23825. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.