A Consumption Base Theory of Development: An Application to the Rural Cultural Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "Exports and Regional Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 160-160.
- Jung, Woo S. & Marshall, Peyton J., 1985. "Exports, growth and causality in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-12.
- Vijay K. Mathur, 1999. "Human Capital-Based Strategy for Regional Economic Development," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 13(3), pages 203-216, August.
- Isserman, Andrew M. & Beaumont, Paul M., 1989. "New directions in quasi-experimental control group methods for project evaluation," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 39-53.
- George A. Erickcek & Hannah McKinney, 2004. "Small Cities Blues: Looking for Growth Factors in Small and Medium-Sized Cities," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 04-100, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Douglass C. North, 1955. "Location Theory and Regional Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 243-243.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Todd Gabe & Richard Florida & Charlotta Mellander, 2012.
"The Creative Class and the crisis,"
Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society,
Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 6(1), pages 37-53.
- Gabe, Todd & Florida, Richard & Mellander, Charlotta, 2012. "The Creative Class And The Crisis," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 272, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Riccardo Cappellin, 2016. "Innovation and investments in a regional cross-sectoral growth model: A change is needed in European cohesion policies," ERSA conference papers ersa16p991, European Regional Science Association.
- Allen J. Scott, 2012.
"The Cultural Economy of Landscape and prospects for peripheral development in the twenty-first century: the case of the English Lake District,"
Chapters,in: Cultural Commons, chapter 4
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Allen J. Scott, 2010. "The Cultural Economy of Landscape and Prospects for Peripheral Development in the Twenty-first Century: The Case of the English Lake District," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 1567-1589.
- Guimarães, Maria Helena & Sousa, Carlos & Dentinho, Tomaz & Boski, Tomasz, 2014. "Economic base model for the Guadiana estuary, Portugal an application for Integrated Coastal Zone Management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 63-70.
- AndrÃ© Torre & Frederic Wallet Wallet, 2013.
"The role of proximity relations in regional and territorial development processes,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa13p792, European Regional Science Association.
- AndrÃ© Torre & Fred Wallet, 2014. "The role of proximity relations in regional and territorial development processes," ERSA conference papers ersa14p719, European Regional Science Association.
- Riccardo Cappellin, 2016. "Investments, balance of payment equilibrium and a new industrial policy in Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa16p931, European Regional Science Association.
- Gordon F Mulligan & Alex C Vias, 2011. "Place-Specific Economic Base Multipliers," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 38(6), pages 995-1011, December.
- Markusen, Ann, . "An Arts-Based State Rural Development Policy," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic base; consumption; cultural investments; Community/Rural/Urban Development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:arerjl:10164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nareaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.