Substitution Between Wools Of Different Fibre Diameter
The extent to which wools with different fibre characteristics can be substituted in textile production and consumption holds implications for Australia's international and domestic marketing policies. An analysis of price-induced substitution between Australian wools of different fibre diameters was conducted. Fibre diameter was used to parameterise cross-price relationships in order to estimate a system of demand equations for wools by diameter class. The results indicate that direct substitution takes place within a very limited range of fibre diameters. The use of product characteristics to parameterise price relationships may be extended to other graded commodities.
Volume (Year): 34 (1990)
Issue (Month): 01 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200|
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jorgenson, Dale W., 1986. "Econometric methods for modeling producer behavior," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1841-1915 Elsevier.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Skinner, J.N., 1965. "Some Factors Affecting The Clean Price Of Greasy Wool," Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 9(02), December.
- J.N. Skinner, 1965. "Some Factors Affecting The Clean Price Of Greasy Wool," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 9(2), pages 176-187, December.
- Simmons, Phil, 1980. "Determination of Grade Prices for Wool," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 48(01), April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:ajaeau:22499. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.