The political economy of quality measurement: a case study of the USA slaughter cattle market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David A. Hennessy, 1996.
"Information Asymmetry as a Reason for Food Industry Vertical Integration,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1034-1043.
- Hennessy, David A., 1996. "Information Asymmetry As a Reason for Food Industry Vertical Integration," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5032, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Schroeter, John R. & Azzam, Azzeddine M., 1999. "Econometric Analysis of Fed Cattle Procurement in the Texas Panhandle," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11365, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- McCONNELL, KENNETH E., 1997. "Income and the demand for environmental quality," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 383-399, November.
- Love, H. Alan & Burton, Diana M., 1999. "A Strategic Rationale For Captive Supplies," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 24(01), July.
- Ted C. Schroeder & Rodney Jones & James Mintert & Andrew P. Barkley, 1993. "The Impact of Forward Contracting on Fed Cattle Transaction Prices," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 15(2), pages 325-337.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hogan, Robert J., Jr. & Carlberg, Jared G. & Ward, Clement E. & Peel, Derrell S., 2012. "Factors Affecting Quality Grade Discounts for Fed Cattle," 2012 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2012, Birmingham, Alabama 119814, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Scott W. Fausti & Zhiguang Wang & Bashir A. Qasmi & Matthew A. Diersen, 2014.
"Risk and marketing behavior: pricing fed cattle on a grid,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(5), pages 601-612, September.
- Scott Fausti & Zhiguang (Gerald) Wang & Bashir Qasmi & Matt Diersen, 2012. "Risk and Marketing Behavior: Pricing Fed Cattle on a Grid," Staff Papers 12001, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:pje:journl:article27sumii is not listed on IDEAS
- Yanyan Liu & Mary K. Muth & Stephen R. Koontz & John D. Lawrence, 2009.
"Evidence of the role of marketing arrangements and valuation methods in improving beef quality,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 147-163.
- Muth, Mary K. & Liu, Yanyan & Koontz, Stephen & Lawrence, John D., 1009. "Evidence of the Role of Marketing Arrangements and Valuation Methods in Improving Beef Quality," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13021, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Fausti, Scott & Diersen, Matthew & Qasmi, Bashir & Adamson, Bill, 2015. "The Influence of Market Power and Market Trends on Grid Market Signals," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(1), January.
- Stephen R. Koontz & John D. Lawrence, 2010. "Impacts of alternative marketing agreement cattle procurement on packer costs, gross margins, and profits: evidence from plant-level profit and loss data," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(1), pages 1-24.
- Sharify, Nooraddin, 2013. "Input–output modelling of the effect of implicit subsidies on general prices," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 913-917.
- Ward, Clement E. & Carlberg, Jared G. & Brocklebank, Andrea, 2007. "Comparing Canadian and U.S. Cattle Feeding Pricing Practices and Perceptions of Pricing Issues," CAFRI: Current Agriculture, Food and Resource Issues, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society, issue 08.
- Hueth, Brent & Marcoul, Philippe & Lawrence, John D., 2007. "Grader Bias in Cattle Markets? Evidence from Iowa," ISU General Staff Papers 200701010800001374, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aareaj:118594. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaresea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.