Skill Obsolescence, Vintage Effects and Changing Tasks
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Simon Janssen & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2008. "Skill obsolescence, vintage effects and changing tasks," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0063, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
References listed on IDEAS
- Wenli Li & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte, 2002.
"The macroeconomics of U.S. consumer bankruptcy choice : chapter 7 or chapter 13?,"
02-01, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Wenli Li & Pierre-Daniel G. Sarte, 2003. "The macroeconomics of U.S. consumer bankruptcy choice: Chapter 7 or Chapter 13?," Working Papers 03-14, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ning Wang, 2003. "Coase on the nature of economics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(6), pages 807-829, November.
- Alexandra Spitz-Oener, 2006. "Technical Change, Job Tasks, and Rising Educational Demands: Looking outside the Wage Structure," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(2), pages 235-270, April.
- Neuman, Shoshana & Weiss, Avi, 1995. "On the effects of schooling vintage on experience-earnings profiles: Theory and evidence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 943-955, May.
- Loo,J,van & Grip,A.,de & Steur,M.,de, 2001. "Skills Obsolescence: Causes and Cures," ROA Research Memorandum 003, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Maria Arrazola & Jose de Hevia, 2004. "More on the estimation of the human capital depreciation rate," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 145-148.
- Richard Pomfret & Liang Choon Wang, 2003. "Evaluating The Research Output Of Australian Universities' Economics Departments," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 418-441, December.
- Wim Groot, 1998. "Empirical estimates of the rate of depreciation of education," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(8), pages 535-538.
- Lin, Chung-cheng & Chen, Tze-wei & Lai, Ching-chong, 2003. "The economics of honeybee swarming," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 581-594, September.
- Sherwin Rosen, 1975. "Measuring the Obsolescence of Knowledge," NBER Chapters,in: Education, Income, and Human Behavior, pages 199-232 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laing, Derek & Palivos, Theodore & Wang, Ping, 2003.
"The economics of 'new blood',"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 106-156, September.
- Derek Laing & Theodore Palivos & Ping Wang, 2001. "The Economics of "New Blood"," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0132, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Taylor, J Edward & et al, 2003. "The Economics of Ecotourism: A Galapagos Islands Economy-Wide Perspective," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(4), pages 977-997, July.
- Yew-Kwang Ng, 2003. "From preference to happiness: Towards a more complete welfare economics," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 20(2), pages 307-350, March.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1976. "A Theory of Life Earnings," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 45-67, August.
- Yoram Ben-Porath, 1967. "The Production of Human Capital and the Life Cycle of Earnings," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 352-352.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dengler, Katharina & Matthes, Britta & Paulus, Wiebke, 2014. "Berufliche Tasks auf dem deutschen Arbeitsmarkt : eine alternative Messung auf Basis einer Expertendatenbank (Occupational Tasks in the German Labour Market : an alternative measurement on the basis o," FDZ Methodenreport 201412_de, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Nathalie Greenan & Mathieu Narcy & Stéphane Robin, 2013. "Changements dans les entreprises et accès des seniors à la formation continue : une comparaison entre les années 1990 et 2000," Working Papers halshs-00965730, HAL.
- Simone Tuor & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2009. "Time - Even More Costly Than Money: Training Costs of Workers and Firms," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0046, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2014. "Benefits of Apprenticeship Training and Recent Challenges - Empirical Results and Lessons from Switzerland and Germany," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0097, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Dengler, Katharina & Matthes, Britta & Paulus, Wiebke, 2014. "Occupational Tasks in the German Labour Market : an alternative measurement on the basis of an expert database," FDZ Methodenreport 201412_en, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Nathalie Greenan & Pierre-Jean Messe, 2014.
"Transmission of vocational skills at the end of career: horizon effect and technological or organisational change,"
- Nathalie Greenan & Pierre-Jean Messe, 2015. "Transmission of vocational skills at the end of career: horizon effect and technological or organisational change," TEPP Working Paper 2015-05, TEPP.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman Capital; Skills; Mincer regressions;
- J0 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General
- J2 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor
- J3 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aeq:aeqaeq:v55_y2009_i1_q1_p83-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Deborah Anne Bowen). General contact details of provider: http://www.duncker-humblot.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.