The Monetary Transmission Mechanism: An Empirical Framework
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- John B. Taylor, 1995. "The monetary transmission mechanism: an empirical framework," Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory 95-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
References listed on IDEAS
- Milton Friedman, 1971. "A Theoretical Framework for Monetary Analysis," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie71-1.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1993.
"Specification and Analysis of a Monetary Policy Rule for Japan,"
Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 11(2), pages 1-45, December.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1993. "Specification and Analysis of a Monetary Policy Rule for Japan," NBER Working Papers 4449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Friedman, Milton, 1972. "Comments on the Critics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(5), pages 906-950, Sept.-Oct.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Nelson, Edward & Schwartz, Anna J., 2008.
"The impact of Milton Friedman on modern monetary economics: Setting the record straight on Paul Krugman's "Who was Milton Friedman?","
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 835-856, May.
- Edward Nelson & Anna J. Schwartz, 2007. "The Impact of Milton Friedman on Modern Monetary Economics: Setting the Record Straight on Paul Krugman's "Who Was Milton Friedman?"," NBER Working Papers 13546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward Nelson & Anna J. Schwartz, 2008. "The impact of Milton Friedman on modern monetary economics: setting the record straight on Paul Krugman’s 'Who Was Milton Friedman?," Working Papers 2007-048, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- J. W. Nevile, 1983. "The Role of Fiscal Policy in the Eighties," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 59(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Lothian, James R., 2009. "Milton Friedman's monetary economics and the quantity-theory tradition," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1086-1096, November.
- Nevile, J W, 1983. "The Role of Fiscal Policy in the Eighties," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 59(164), pages 1-15, March.
- Michael J. Dueker & Andreas M. Fischer, 1995. "Identifying Austria's implicit monetary target: an alternative test of the \"hard currency\" policy," Working Papers 1995-005, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Eckhard Hein, 2005.
"Finanzstruktur und Wirtschaftswachstum - theoretische und empirische Aspekte,"
01-2005, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Eckhard Hein, 2005. "Finanzstruktur und Wirtschaftswachstum - theoretische und empirische Aspekte," Macroeconomics 0508014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hugh Rockoff, 2010. "On the Origins of A Monetary History," Chapters, in: Ross B. Emmett (ed.), The Elgar Companion to the Chicago School of Economics, chapter 7, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Almonacid, Ruben D., 1978. "A equação suprimida e a função de oferta agregada," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, EPGE Brazilian School of Economics and Finance - FGV EPGE (Brazil), vol. 32(4), October.
- Parker J. Woodroof & George D. Deitz & Katharine M. Howie & Robert D. Evans, 2019. "The effect of cause-related marketing on firm value: a look at Fortune’s most admired all-stars," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 47(5), pages 899-918, September.
- Edward Nelson, 2004.
"Money and the Transmission Mechanism in the Optimizing IS-LM Specification,"
History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 36(5), pages 271-304, Supplemen.
- Edward Nelson, 2003. "Money and the transmission mechanism in the optimizing IS-LM specification," Working Papers 2003-019, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Nelson, Edward, 2003. "Money and the Transmission Mechanism in the Optimizing IS-LM Specification," CEPR Discussion Papers 3898, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- George S. Tavlas, 2015.
"In Old Chicago: Simons, Friedman, and the Development of Monetary‐Policy Rules,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(1), pages 99-121, February.
- George S. Tavlas, 2014. "In old Chicago: Simons, Friedman and the development of monetary-policy rules," Working Papers 177, Bank of Greece.
- Afonso, António & Gonçalves, Luis, 2020.
"The policy mix in the US and EMU: Evidence from a SVAR analysis,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- António Afonso & Luís Gonçalves, 2018. "The Policy Mix in the US and EMU: Evidence from a SVAR Analysis," Working Papers REM 2018/28, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Giovanni Ganelli, 2007. "The Effects Of Fiscal Shocks On Consumption: Reconciling Theory And Data," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 75(2), pages 193-209, March.
- Robert G. King, 2000. "The new IS-LM model : language, logic, and limits," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Sum, pages 45-103.
- Mierzejewski, Fernando, 2008. "The cost of capital in markets with opaque intermediaries and the risk-structure of interest rates," MPRA Paper 9827, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sylvia Kaufmann & Peter Kugler, 2008.
"Does Money Matter For Inflation In The Euro Area?,"
Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(4), pages 590-606, October.
- Sylvia Kaufmann & Peter Kugler, 2005. "Does Money Matter for Inflation in the Euro Area?," Working Papers 103, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Kaufmann, Sylvia & Kugler, Peter, 2005. "Does Money Matter for Inflation in the Euro Area?," Working papers 2005/09, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Patricia Carballo & José Ignacio González & Margarita Güenaga & José Mourelle & Gabriela Romaniello, 2015. "Un modelo semi estructural de proyecciones macroeconómicas para el Uruguay," Documentos de trabajo 2015012, Banco Central del Uruguay.
- V. Vance Roley, 1983. "Asset Substitutability and the Impact of Federal Deficits," NBER Working Papers 1082, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Batini, Nicoletta & Yates, Anthony, 2003. "Hybrid Inflation and Price-Level Targeting," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(3), pages 283-300, June.
- Po Sheng Ko & Cheng Chung Wu & Ying Shih Mai & Zhongrong Xu, 2019. "A Study of RMB Internationalization Path Based on Border Area Perspective," Complexity, Hindawi, vol. 2019, pages 1-10, October.
More about this item
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jecper:v:9:y:1995:i:4:p:11-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Michael P. Albert (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.