Efficiency and Redistribution: An Evaluative Review of Louis Kaplow's The Theory of Taxation and Public Economics
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaplow, Louis, 2006.
"On the undesirability of commodity taxation even when income taxation is not optimal,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 1235-1250, August.
- Louis Kaplow, 2004. "On the Undesirability of Commodity Taxation Even When Income Taxation is Not Optimal," NBER Working Papers 10407, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Pestieau, Pierre, 2006.
"Wealth transfer taxation: a survey of the theoretical literature,"
Handbook on the Economics of Giving, Reciprocity and Altruism,
- CREMER, Helmuth & PESTIEAU, Pierre, 2006. "Wealth transfer taxation: a survey of the theoretical literature," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1874, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Boadway, Robin & Keen, Michael, 1993.
"Public Goods, Self-Selection and Optimal Income Taxation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(3), pages 463-478, August.
- Robin Boadway & Michael Keen, 1991. "Public Goods, Self-Selection and Optimal Income Taxation," Working Papers 828, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- J. A. Mirrlees, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 175-208.
- Sen, Amartya, 1973. "On Economic Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198281931.
- Konishi, Hideo, 1995. "A Pareto-improving commodity tax reform under a smooth nonlinear income tax," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 413-446, March.
- Nava, Mario & Schroyen, Fred & Marchand, Maurice, 1996. "Optimal fiscal and public expenditure policy in a two-class economy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 119-137, July.
- Atkinson, A. B. & Stiglitz, J. E., 1976. "The design of tax structure: Direct versus indirect taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 55-75.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1950. "Evaluation Of Real National Income," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 1-29.
- Coate, Stephen, 2000.
"An Efficiency Approach to the Evaluation of Policy Changes,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(463), pages 437-455, April.
- Stephen Coate, 1999. "An Efficiency Approach to the Evaluation of Policy Changes," NBER Working Papers 7316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John C. Harsanyi, 1955. "Cardinal Welfare, Individualistic Ethics, and Interpersonal Comparisons of Utility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 309-309.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Widiyanti, Dwi Retno, 2015. "Redistribution Adjusts Efficiency In Economy; Islamic Paradigm," MPRA Paper 67809, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Nov 2015.
- Odd E. Nygård & John T. Revesz, 2015. "Optimal indirect taxation and the uniformity debate: A review of theoretical results and empirical contributions," Discussion Papers 809, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Keuschnigg, Christian, 2011. "Intra- und intergenerative Gerechtigkeit in der Finanzpolitik," Economics Working Paper Series 1137, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Hultkrantz, Lars & Svensson, Mikael, 2012.
"A Comparison of Benefit Cost and Cost Utility Analysis in Practice: Divergent Policies in Sweden,"
Karlstad University Working Papers in Economics
1, Karlstad University, Department of Economics.
- Hultkrantz, Lars & Svensson, Mikael, 2012. "A Comparison of Benefit Cost and Cost Utility Analysis in Practice: Divergent Policies in Sweden," Working Papers 2012:5, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Nyborg, Karine, 2014.
"Project evaluation with democratic decision-making: What does cost–benefit analysis really measure?,"
Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 124-131.
- Nyborg, Karine, 2014. "Project Evaluation with Democratic Decision-making: What Does Cost-benefit Analysis Really Measure?," Memorandum 08/2014, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- John T. Revesz, 2014. "A Numerical Model of Optimal Differentiated Indirect Taxation," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 211(4), pages 9-66, December.
More about this item
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:jeclit:v:48:y:2010:i:4:p:964-79. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.