Value of a Statistical Life: Relative Position vs. Relative Age
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Woittiez, Isolde & Kapteyn, Arie, 1998.
"Social interactions and habit formation in a model of female labour supply,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 185-205, November.
- Woittiez, I. & Kapteyn, A., 1997. "Social interactions and habit formation in a model of female labor supply," Discussion Paper 1997-41, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Kniesner Thomas J & Viscusi W. Kip & Ziliak James P, 2006.
"Life-Cycle Consumption and the Age-Adjusted Value of Life,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-36, January.
- Thomas J. Kniesner & James P. Ziliak & W. Kip Viscusi, 2004. "Life-Cycle Consumption and the Age-Adjusted Value of Life," NBER Working Papers 10266, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W. Kip Viscusi, 2004. "The Value of Life: Estimates with Risks by Occupation and Industry," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(1), pages 29-48, January.
- Viscusi, W Kip, 2000. "Risk Equity," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(2), pages 843-871, June.
- Donald S. Shepard & Richard J. Zeckhauser, 1984. "Survival versus Consumption," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(4), pages 423-439, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kenichi Ueda, 2008. "Life Expectancy and Income Convergence in the World; A Dynamic General Equilibrium Analysis," IMF Working Papers 08/158, International Monetary Fund.
- Bellavance, Franois & Dionne, Georges & Lebeau, Martin, 2009.
"The value of a statistical life: A meta-analysis with a mixed effects regression model,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 444-464, March.
- François Bellavance & Georges Dionne & Martin Lebeau, 2006. "The Value of a Statistical Life: a Meta-Analysis with a Mixed Effects Regression Model," Cahiers de recherche 0646, CIRPEE.
- Aloys Prinz & Björn Bünger, "undated". "Living in a material world: Happy Income and Happy Life Years," Working Papers 200116, Institute of Spatial and Housing Economics, Munster Universitary.
- repec:kap:jcopol:v:40:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10603-017-9347-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Dionne, Georges & Lebeau, Martin, 2010.
"Le calcul de la valeur statistique d’une vie humaine,"
Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 86(4), pages 487-530, décembre.
- Georges Dionne & Martin Lebeau, 2010. "Le calcul de la valeur statistique d'une vie humaine," Cahiers de recherche 1041, CIRPEE.
- Dionne, Georges & Lebeau, Martin, 2010.
"Le calcul de la valeur statistique d'une vie humaine
[Estimation of statistical value of life]," MPRA Paper 37573, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- W. Kip Viscusi, 2015.
"The Role of Publication Selection Bias in Estimates of the Value of a Statistical Life,"
American Journal of Health Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 1(1), pages 27-52, Winter.
- W. Kip Viscusi, 2014. "The Role of Publication Selection Bias in Estimates of the Value of a Statistical Life," NBER Working Papers 20116, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lisa A. Robinson & James K. Hammitt, 2013.
"Behavioral economics and the conduct of benefit–cost analysis: towards principles and standards,"
Chapters,in: Principles and Standards for Benefit–Cost Analysis, chapter 10, pages 317-363
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Robinson Lisa A & Hammitt James K., 2011. "Behavioral Economics and the Conduct of Benefit-Cost Analysis: Towards Principles and Standards," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 1-51, April.
- Robinson, Lisa A. & Hammitt, James K., 2011. "Behavioral Economics and the Conduct of Benefit-Cost Analysis: Towards Principles and Standards," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(02), pages 1-51, April.
- Hammitt, James K. & Robinson, Lisa A., 2010. "Behavioral Economics and the Conduct of Benefit-Cost Analysis: Towards Principles and Standards," TSE Working Papers 10-269, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Hammitt, James & Robinson, Lisa, 2010. "Behavioral Economics and the Conduct of Benefit-Cost Analysis: Towards Principles and Standards," LERNA Working Papers 11.02.336, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Wehn-Jyuan Tsai & Jin-Tan Liu & James Hammitt, 2011. "Aggregation Biases in Estimates of the Value per Statistical Life: Evidence from Longitudinal Matched Worker-Firm Data in Taiwan," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 49(3), pages 425-443, July.
- W. Viscusi & Elissa Gentry, 2015. "The value of a statistical life for transportation regulations: A test of the benefits transfer methodology," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 53-77, August.
- Kuminoff, Nicolai V. & Pope, Jaren C., 2012. "A novel approach to identifying hedonic demand parameters," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(3), pages 374-376.
- Brajer, Victor & Mead, Robert W. & Xiao, Feng, 2008. "Health benefits of tunneling through the Chinese environmental Kuznets curve (EKC)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 674-686, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:95:y:2005:i:2:p:142-146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.