Sunk Costs and Firm Value Variability: Theory and Evidence
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 88 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/aer/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
- Münter, Markus Thomas, 2017. "Endogenous number of firms, horizontal concentration and heterogeneity of firms—A note," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 74-76.
- Adelina Gschwandtner & Val E. Lambson, 2004. "Sunk costs, Profit Volatility, and Turnover," Vienna Economics Papers 0405, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Lskavyan, Vahe & Spatareanu, Mariana, 2011.
"Shareholder protection, ownership concentration and FDI,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 69-85, January.
- Lskavyan, Vahe & Spatareanu, Mariana, 2011. "Shareholder protection, ownership concentration and FDI," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 69-85.
- Vahe Lskavyan & Mariana Spatareanu, 2010. "Shareholder Protection, Ownership Concentration and FDI," Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark 2010-003, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Sherrill Shaffer & Iftekhar Hasan & Mingming Zhou, 2015. "New Small Firms and Dimensions of Economic Performance," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 29(1), pages 65-78, February.
- Sherrill Shaffer & Iftekhar Hasan & Mingming Zhou, 2008. "New Small Firms And Dimensions Of Economic Performance," CAMA Working Papers 2008-24, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Shaffer, Sherrill & Hasan, Iftekhar & Zhou, Mingming, 2009. "New small firms and dimensions of economic performance," Research Discussion Papers 4/2009, Bank of Finland.
- Marcus Asplund & Volker Nocke, 2003. "Firm Turnover in Imperfectly Competitive Markets," PIER Working Paper Archive 03-010, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Adelina Gschwandtner & Val E. Lambson, 2009. "Sunk Entry Costs, Sunk Depreciation costs, and Industry Dynamics," Vienna Economics Papers 0902, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Pontus Braunerhjelm, 1999. "Sunk costs, firm size and internationalization," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 135(4), pages 657-674, December.
- Werner Hölzl, 2003. "Tangible and intangible sunk costs and the entry and exit of firms in Austrian Manufacturing," Working Papers geewp33, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Blanchard, Pierre, 2012. "The determinants of firm exit in the French food industries," Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, Editions NecPlus, vol. 93(02), pages 193-212, June.
- Pierre Blanchard & Jean-Pierre Huiban & Claude Mathieu, 2012. "The determinants of firm exit in the French food industries," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 93(2), pages 193-212.
- Pierre Blanchard & Jean-Pierre Huiban & Claude Mathieu, 2012. "The determinants of firm exit in the French food industries," Post-Print hal-00939376, HAL.
- Gabe, Todd M., 2001. "The Effects Of Local Taxes And Spending On Business Startups," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20769, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Werner Hölzl, 2002. "Exit, Entry and industry turbulence in Austrian Manufacturing, 1981-1994," Working Papers geewp21, Vienna University of Economics and Business Research Group: Growth and Employment in Europe: Sustainability and Competitiveness.
- Jonathan P. O'Brien & Timothy B. Folta & Douglas R. Johnson, 2003. "A real options perspective on entrepreneurial entry in the face of uncertainty," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(8), pages 515-533.
- Werner Hölzl, 2015. "Sunk costs and the speed of market selection," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 323-344, April.
- Gschwandtner, Adelina & Lambson, Val E., 2002. "The effects of sunk costs on entry and exit: evidence from 36 countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 109-115, September.
- Colen, Liesbeth & Persyn, Damiaan & Guariso, Andrea, 2016. "Bilateral Investment Treaties and FDI: Does the Sector Matter?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 193-206.
- David Greenstreet, 2007. "Exploiting Sequential Learning to Estimate Establishment-Level Productivity Dynamics and Decision Rules," Economics Series Working Papers 345, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:88:y:1998:i:1:p:307-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed