Credit Ratings and the Evolution of the Mortgage-Backed Securities Market
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bar-Isaac, Heski & Shapiro, Joel, 2013. "Ratings quality over the business cycle," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 62-78.
- Adam B. Ashcraft & Paul Goldsmith-Pinkham & James Vickery, 2010. "MBS ratings and the mortgage credit boom," Staff Reports 449, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- In Search of Better Credit Assessments
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2014-09-18 17:28:35
- Free Riding in Finance: A Primer
by Steve Cecchetti and Kim Schoenholtz in Money, Banking and Financial Markets on 2017-12-18 18:59:37
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tennant, David F. & Tracey, Marlon R. & King, Damien W., 2020. "Sovereign credit rating: Evidence of bias against poor countries," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C).
- Wojtowicz, Marcin, 2014. "CDOs and the financial crisis: Credit ratings and fair premia," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 1-13.
- Hirth, Stefan, 2014. "Credit rating dynamics and competition," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 100-112.
- Efing, Matthias & Hau, Harald, 2015.
"Structured debt ratings: Evidence on conflicts of interest,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 46-60.
- Efing, Matthias & Hau, Harald, 2013. "Structured Debt Ratings: Evidence on Conflicts of Interest," CEPR Discussion Papers 9465, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matthias Efing & Harald Hau, 2013. "Structured Debt Ratings: Evidence on Conflicts of Interest," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 13-21, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Patrycja Chodnicka-Jaworska, 2016. "Credit Ratings Inflation Phenomenon – Are There Any Diffrences in the Credit Ratings Determinants? (Zjawisko inflacji credit ratingow – czy wystepuja roznice w determinantach credit ratingow?)," Research Reports, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 2(22), pages 48-59.
- Harald Hau & Sam Langfield & David Marques-Ibanez, 2013.
"Bank ratings: what determines their quality?,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 28(74), pages 289-333, April.
- Harald Hau & Sam Langfield & David Marques-Ibanez, 2012. "Bank Ratings: What Determines Their Quality?," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 12-31, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Hau, Harald & Langfield, Sam & Marqués Ibañez, David, 2012. "Bank ratings: What determines their quality?," CEPR Discussion Papers 9171, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Harald Hau & Sam Langfield & David Marques-Ibanez, 2012. "Bank ratings-What determines their quality?," Working Papers 12012, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Marqués-Ibáñez, David & Hau, Harald & Langfield, Sam, 2012. "Bank ratings: what determines their quality?," Working Paper Series 1484, European Central Bank.
- Kraft, Pepa, 2015. "Do rating agencies cater? Evidence from rating-based contracts," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 264-283.
- Manso, Gustavo, 2013. "Feedback effects of credit ratings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 535-548.
- Lamar Pierce & Michael W. Toffel, 2013. "The Role of Organizational Scope and Governance in Strengthening Private Monitoring," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(5), pages 1558-1584, October.
- Rablen, Matthew D., 2013. "Divergence in credit ratings," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 12-16.
- Lamar Pierce & Michael W. Toffel, 2010. "The Role of Organizational Scope and Governance in Strengthening Private Monitoring," Harvard Business School Working Papers 11-004, Harvard Business School, revised Feb 2012.
- Hu, Xiaolu & Huang, Haozhi & Pan, Zheyao & Shi, Jing, 2019. "Information asymmetry and credit rating: A quasi-natural experiment from China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 132-152.
- Ormazabal, Gaizka, 2018. "The Role of Stakeholders in Corporate Governance: A View from Accounting Research," CEPR Discussion Papers 12775, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lützenkirchen, Kristina & Rösch, Daniel & Scheule, Harald, 2013. "Ratings based capital adequacy for securitizations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5236-5247.
- Kraft, Pepa & Xie, Yuan & Zhou, Ling, 2020. "The intraday timing of rating changes," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Bae, Kee-Hong & Driss, Hamdi & Roberts, Gordon S., 2019. "Does competition affect ratings quality? Evidence from Canadian corporate bonds," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 605-623.
- Dennis Vink & Mike Nawas & Vivian van Breemen, 2019. "Security design and credit rating risk in the CLO market," DNB Working Papers 643, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Yun Wang & Yilan Xu, 2015. "Race to the Top: Credit Rating Bias from Competition," Working Papers 2015-05-12, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University, revised 10 Jul 2015.
- Gerald J. Lobo & Luc Paugam & Hervé Stolowy & Pierre Astolfi, 2017. "The Effect of Business and Financial Market Cycles on Credit Ratings: Evidence from the Last Two Decades," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 53(1), pages 59-93, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:101:y:2011:i:3:p:131-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.