Adult Child Migration and the Health of Elderly Parents Left behind in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Francisca Antman, 2007. "Who Cares for the Elderly? Intrafamily Resource Allocation and Migration in Mexico," Discussion Papers 06-031, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francisca M. Antman, 2013. "The impact of migration on family left behind," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Migration, chapter 16, pages 293-308 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Francisca M. Antman, 2012. "Elderly Care and Intrafamily Resource Allocation when Children Migrate," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 47(2), pages 331-363.
- Murard, Elie, 2016. "Consumption and Leisure: The Welfare Impact of Migration on Family Left Behind," IZA Discussion Papers 10305, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nikolova, Milena & Roman, Monica & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2017.
"Left behind but doing good? Civic engagement in two post-socialist countries,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 658-684.
- Nikolova, Milena & Roman, Monica & Zimmermann, Klaus F, 2015. "Left Behind but Doing Good? Civic Engagement in Two Post-Socialist Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 10990, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2016. "Left Behind but Doing Good? Civic Engagement in Two Post-Socialist Countries," Discussion Papers 36, Central European Labour Studies Institute (CELSI).
- Nikolova, Milena & Roman, Monica & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2015. "Left Behind but Doing Good? Civic Engagement in Two Post-Socialist Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 9540, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lucia MANGIAVACCHI & Federico PERALI & Luca Piccoli, 2018.
"Intrahousehold Distribution in Migrant-Sending Families,"
JODE - Journal of Demographic Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 84(1), pages 107-148, March.
- Lucia Mangiavacchi & Federico Perali & Luca Piccoli, 2014. "Intrahousehold distribution in migrant-sending families," DEA Working Papers 63, Universitat de les Illes Balears, Departament d'Economía Aplicada.
- Lucia Mangiavacchi & Federico Perali & Luca Piccoli, 2014. "Intrahousehold distribution in migrant-sending families," Working Papers 344, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Böhme, Marcus H. & Persian, Ruth & Stöhr, Tobias, 2015.
"Alone but better off? Adult child migration and health of elderly parents in Moldova,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 211-227.
- Böhme, Marcus & Persian, Ruth & Stöhr, Tobias, 2013. "Alone but better off? Adult child migration and health of elderly parents in Moldova," Kiel Working Papers 1876, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Antman, Francisca M., 2018. "Women and Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 11282, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- AO, Xiang & JIANG, Dawei & ZHAO, Zhong, 2016.
"The impact of rural–urban migration on the health of the left-behind parents,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 126-139.
- Ao, Xiang & Jiang, Dawei & Zhao, Zhong, 2015. "The Impact of Rural-Urban Migration on the Health of the Left-behind Parents," IZA Discussion Papers 9350, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Scheffel, Juliane & Zhang, Yiwei, 2016. "How Does Internal Migration Affect the Emotional Health of Elderly Parents Left-Behind?," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145663, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Mahé, Clothilde & Naudé, Wim, 2016. "Migration, occupation and education: Evidence from Ghana," MERIT Working Papers 018, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Lara, Jaime, 2018. "Subjective Well-Being among Communities Left Behind by International Migrants," MPRA Paper 87051, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vincenzo Atella & Partha Deb, 2013. "Heterogeneity in Long Term Health Outcomes of Migrants within Italy," NBER Working Papers 19422, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Huang, Bihong & Lian, Yujun & Li, Wensu, 2016. "How far is Chinese left-behind parents' health left behind?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 15-26.
- Michael Clemens and Timothy N. Ogden, 2014. "Migration as a Strategy for Household Finance: A Research Agenda on Remittances, Payments, and Development- Working Paper 354," Working Papers 354, Center for Global Development.
More about this item
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:100:y:2010:i:2:p:205-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.