Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: Mia Defever
Editor: Irina Cleemput
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask the person in charge to update the entry or send us the correct address.
Series handle: repec:eee:hepoli
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1996, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 75-93 Beyond the public-private debate: the mixed economy of health
by Ovretveit, John
- 95-96 Communication for health and behavior change. A developing country perspective : J. Graeff, J. Elder, E. Mills Booth A Publication of the HEALTHCOM Project, Academy for Educational Development, Jossey-Bass Publishers, San Francisco, 204 pp., US$23.95, 1993, ISBN 1-55542-585-2
by Schwarz, Alberto
- 97-96 Beyond the crisis. Preserving the capacity for excellence in health care and medical science : H. Greenberg, S. Raymond (Eds.) The New York Academy of Sciences, New York, 198 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-89766-901-0
by Dunning, D.
1995, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 153-166 Evaluation of diffuse technologies: the case of digital imaging networks
by Keen, Justin & Bryan, Stirling & Muris, Nicole & Weatherburn, Gwyn & Buxton, Martin
- 167-192 Dissemination of effectiveness and outcomes research
by Kanouse, David E. & Kallich, Joel D. & Kahan, James P.
- 193-204 Accreditation: what can we learn from the Anglophone model?
by Scrivens, Ellie E. J. & Klein, Rudolf & Steiner, Andrea
- 205-220 Incentives and financing methods
by Monrad Aas, I. H.
1995, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 79-94 Who cares about cost? Does economic analysis impose or reflect social values?
by Nord, Erik & Richardson, Jeff & Street, Andrew & Kuhse, Helga & Singer, Peter
- 95-112 More effective and less expensive: lessons from five studies examining community approaches to care
by Browne, Gina & Roberts, Jacqueline & Gafni, Amiram & Weir, Robin & Watt, Susan & Byrne, Carolyn
- 113-134 Hospital payment arrangements to encourage efficiency: the case of Victoria, Australia
by Duckett, Stephen J.
- 135-143 Value for money? A contingent valuation study of the optimal size of the Swedish health care budget
by Eckerlund, Ingemar & Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov & Tambour, Magnus & Zethraeus, Niklas
- 145-151 The efficacy and equity of retransplantation: an experimental survey of public attitudes
by Ubel, Peter A. & Loewenstein, George
1995, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-7 Health care reforms: the unfinished agenda
by Defever, Mia
- 9-19 Measuring human betterment through avoidable mortality: a case for universal health care in the USA
by Hisnanick, John J. & Coddington, Dale A.
- 21-33 Evaluation and diffusion of excimer laser treatment of myopia in the United States and in the Netherlands
by Vondeling, Hindrik & Rosendal, Henk & Banta, David
- 35-51 A cost-effectiveness analysis of cervical cancer screening: health policy implications
by Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Holund, Berit & Andersen, Per
- 53-62 Health services financing in Greece: a role for private health insurance
by Liaropoulos, Lycurgus L.
- 63-71 The evolution of heart, lung and liver transplantation services in Australia
by Hirsch, Naarilla & Hailey, David & Martin, Craig
- 73-71 How to investigate drug use in health facilities. Selected drug use indicators : WHO Publications, Geneva, 87 pp., 1993
by Ghei, P.
- 75-76 Alcohol policy and the public good : G. Edwards et al. (Eds.) Oxford Medical Publications, Oxford, 226 pp., STG[pound sign]14.95, 1994 ISBN 0-19-262561-6
by Casselman, J.
- 76-77 The social meaning of midwifery : S. Hung and A. Symonds (Eds.) Macmillan Press, London, 171 pp., STG[pound sign]12.99, 1995 ISBN 0-333-60877-1
by Mathews, D.
- 73-75 Social pharmacy. Innovation and development : G. Hardings, S. Nettleton, K. Taylor (Eds.) The Pharmaceutical Press, 197 pp., STG[pound sign]15.00, 1994 ISBN 0-85369-322-6
by Peys, F.
1995, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 169-177 Donor card registration system in Japan: an obstacle to procuring kidneys for transplantation
by Hasegawa, Tomonori & Maeda, Yuko & Yamakawa, Kazuo & Tsuchida, Takashi & Oshima, Shinichi
- 179-190 Economic evaluation of health care and policymaking
by Johnnesson, Magnus
- 191-204 The pursuit of equity: a health sector case study from Vietnam
by Hien, Nguyen Tran & Thu Ha, Le Thi & Rifkin, Susan B. & Wright, E. Pamela
- 205-217 The European health potential: what can we learn from each other?
by Schaapveld, Kees & Chorus, Astrid M. J. & Perenboom, Rom J. M.
- 219-231 Assessment of health producing measures across different sectors
by Drummond, Michael & Stoddart, Greg
- 233-234 Pricing and reimbursement of pharmaceuticals: An evaluation of cost-containment strategies : S. Shulman and L. Lasagna (Guest Editors) Pharmaco Economics, Vol. 6, Suppl. 1, pp. 1-87, 1994, Addis International, Chester ISSN 1170-7690
by Anderson, F.
- 234-236 Coordinating community care. Multidisciplinary teams and care management : J. Ovretveit Open University Press, Buckingham, Philadelphia, 232 pp, STG[pound sign]14.99, 1993 ISBN 0-335-19047-2
by Borgermans, Liesbeth & Abraham, Ivo
- 236-237 Management support for primary health care. A practical guide to management for health centres and local projects : P. Johnstone and J. Ranken FSG Communications Ltd., Cambridge, 186 pp, STG[pound sign]12.00, 1994 ISBN 187118-02-4
by Kigutha, Hilda
- 237-238 Health care, health promotion and the future general practice : D. Taylor and K. Bloor The Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, Royal Society of Medicine Press, London, 201 pp, STG[pound sign]12.50, 1994 ISBN 1-85315-243-9
by Vallance-Owen, A. J.
1995, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 77-78 Preface
by Donaldson, Cam & Ratcliffe, Julie
- 79-90 Economics, public health and health care purchasing: reinventing the wheel?
by Donaldson, Cam
- 91-105 Programme budgeting and marginal analysis: application within programmes to assist purchasing in Greater Glasgow Health Board
by Twaddle, Sara & Walker, Andrew
- 107-125 Clearing the fog on the Tyne: programme budgeting in Newcastle and North Tyneside Health Authority
by Craig, Neil & Parkin, David & Gerard, Karen
- 127-145 A survivor's guide to programme budgeting
by Brambleby, Peter
- 147-155 Messages from Mid Glamorgan: a multi-programme experiment with marginal analysis
by Cohen, David R.
- 157-160 PBMA--its role in the future purchasing arrangements for health care services
by Wilson, Hamish & Scott, Sheila
- 161-168 Public health and economics in tandem: programme budgeting, marginal analysis and priority setting in practice
by Madden, Lynne & Hussey, Ruth & Mooney, Gavin & Church, Elaine
1995, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-14 Health and its determining factors in the Tokyo megacity
by Takeuchi, Sachiko & Takano, Takehito & Nakamura, Keiko
- 15-29 Indirect costs of disease; an international comparison
by van Roijen, Leona & Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Rutten, Frans F. H. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 31-42 Issues in the evaluation of picture archiving and communication systems
by Bryan, Stirling & Keen, Justin & Muris, Nicole & Weatherburn, Gwyn & Buxton, Martin
- 43-57 The reimbursement of the expenses for medical treatment received by `transnational' patients in EU-countries
by Kesteloot, Katrien & Pocceschi, Sabrina & van der Schueren, Emmanuel
- 59-66 A note on the depreciation of the societal perspective in economic evaluation of health care
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 67-68 Promise and performance in managed care. The prepaid group practive model : D. Freeborn and C. Pope The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 168 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-8018-4819-9
by Brewer, Mrs Wendy
- 68-70 The right medicine. How to make health reform work today : D. Dundiff and M. McCarthy Humana Press, Totowa, New Jersey, 260 pp., U.S. $24.50, 1994 ISBN 089603-284-1
by Altenstetter, Dr C.
- 70-71 Primary health care in an international context : J. Fry and J. Horder The Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, London, 1994 ISBN 0-900574-90-9
by Bass, Dr M.
1995, Volume 32, Issue 1-3
- 1-iii Acknowledgements
by Berman, Peter
- 3-11 Introduction
by Berman, Peter & Bir, Anupa
- 13-28 Health sector reform: making health development sustainable
by Berman, Peter
- 29-45 Ends and means in public health policy in developing countries
by Hammer, Jeffrey S. & Berman, Peter
- 47-77 The politics of health sector reform in developing countries: three cases of pharmaceutical policy
by Reich, Michael R.
- 79-91 What can developing economies learn from health system reforms of developed economies?
by Chernichovsky, Dov
- 93-109 Towards an analytical approach to health sector reform
by Murray, Christopher J. L.
- 111-123 Cost-effectiveness and the socialization of health care
by Musgrove, Philip
- 125-139 Abnormal economics in the health sector
by Hsiao, William C.
- 141-153 Market reforms in health care and sustainability of the welfare state: lessons from Sweden
by Diderichsen, Finn
- 155-166 Chile's health sector reform: lessons from four reform periods
by de la Jara, Jorge Jimenez & Bossert, Thomas
- 167-180 New methods of financing and managing health care in the Russian Federation
by Sheiman, Igor
- 181-191 Reform of the Chinese health care financing system
by Xing-Yuan, Gu & Sheng-Lan, Tang
- 193-214 Have structural adjustments led to health sector reform in Africa?
by Sahn, David & Bernier, Rene
- 215-243 Health sector reforms in sub-Saharan Africa: lessons of the last 10 years
by Gilson, Lucy & Mills, Anne
- 245-255 Health care reform in Kenya: a review of the process
by Mwabu, Germano
- 257-277 Comprehensive policy analysis for health system reform
by Frenk, Julio
- 279-293 Preconditions for health reform: experiences from the OECD countries
by Schieber, George J.
- 295-306 Data analysis needs for health sector reform
by Walsh, Julia & Simonet, Maryse
1995, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 157-169 Health insurance in Russia -- the Kuzbass experience
by Isakova, Ljudmila. E. & Zelckovich, Roman. M. & Frid, Edward. M.
- 171-181 Primary care and health care reform: the need to reflect before reforming
by Maynard, Alan & Bloor, Karen
- 183-195 Evaluating the effects of GP remuneration: problems and prospects
by Scott, Anthony & Hall, Jane
- 197-210 Ethical dilemmas in care for HIV infection among French general practitioners
by Moatti, Jean-Paul & Souville, Marc & Obadia, Yolande & Morina, Michel & Sebbah, Remy & Gamby, Thierry & Gallais, Herve & Gastaut, Jean-Albert
- 211-224 The changing availability of residential aged care in Australia
by Gibson, Diane & Liu, Zhibin & Choi, Ching
- 225-229 On the estimation of cost-effectiveness ratios
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 231-238 Cost-effectiveness league tables: think of the fans
by Drummond, Michael & Mason, James & Torrance, George
- 239-240 Evaluating the NHS reforms : R. Robinson and J. Le Grand (Eds.) King's Fund Institute, Newbury, 288 pp., STG[pound sign]25.00, 1994 ISBN 0-946967-42-3
by Ham, Chris
- 241-242 Institutional strengthening and the development of research capacity in social sciences : L. Manderson (Ed.) Acta Tropica, Elsevier (Special Issue) vol. 57, issue 2/3, pp. 97-238, 1994 ISSN 0001-706X
by Mills, Anne
- 242-243 National health service management in the 1980s. Policy making on the hoof? : S. Harrison (Ed.) Avebury, Aldershot, Hampshire, 197 pp., STG[pound sign]32.50, 1994 ISBN 1-85628-663-0
by Edwards, Brian
1995, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 81-101 Negotiating fees for medical specialists in the Netherlands
by Lieverdink, Harm & Maarse, Hans
- 103-110 The use of economic evaluation in health care: Australian decision makers' perceptions
by Ross, Jayne
- 111-125 A critical review of health-related economic evaluations in Australia: implications for health policy
by Salkeld, Glenn & Davey, Peter & Arnolda, Gaston
- 127-150 AIDS scenarios for The Netherlands; the economic impact on hospitals
by Postma, Maarten J. & Jager, Johannes C. & Dijgraaf, Marcel G. W. & Borleffs, Jan C. C. & Tolley, Keith & Leidl, Reiner M.
- 151-152 Intensive care. Medical ethics and the medical profession : R. Zussman (Ed.) The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 252 pp., 1992 ISBN 0-226-99635-2
by Borghgraef, R.
- 152-153 Journal of religion in disability and rehabilitation : Inaugural Issue (volume 1 number 1. 1994) The Haworth Pastoral Press, an Imprint of The Haworth Press Inc. ISSN 1059-9258
by Schotsmans, Paul
- 153-155 Strong medicine: How to save Canada's health care system : M. Rachlis and C. Kushner (Eds.) Harper Collins, Toronto, 396 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-00-255281-7
by O'Neill, Michael A.
1995, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-16 Managing the medical workforce: time for improvements?
by Maynard, Alan & Walker, Arthur
- 17-27 Handling complaints in hospitals
by van der Wal, Gert & Lens, Peter
- 29-42 Health for all in the Republic of Korea: one country's experience with implementing universal health care
by Peabody, John W. & Lee, Sung-Woo & Bickel, Stephen R.
- 43-52 The place of magnetic resonance imaging in health care
by Hailey, David & Marshall, Deborah
- 53-65 The introduction of deductibles for prescription drugs in a national health insurance: compulsory or voluntary?
by Bakker, F. M. & van Vliet, R. C. J. A.
- 67-68 Key issues in health economics : G. Mooney Harvester Wheatsheaf, New York, 195 pp., US$24.95, 1994 ISBN 0-7450-1013-X
by Kesteloot, K.
- 68-69 The NHS -- A kaleidoscope of care -- Conflicts of service and business values : T. Kember and G. Macpherson The Nuffields Provincial Hospital Trust, London, 364 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-900574-87-9
by Robinson, Ray
- 69-72 The National Health Service. A manager's tale. 1946-1992 : B. Edwards The Nuffields Provincial Hospitals Trust, 208 pp., STG[pound sign]18.50, 1993 ISBN 0-900574-83-6
by Maxwell, Robert J.
1994, Volume 30, Issue 1-3
- 1-21 Health care technology as a policy issue
by Banta, H. David
- 23-72 Health care technology in Australia
by Hailey, David
- 73-122 Health care technology in Canada (with special reference to Quebec)
by Battista, Renaldo N. & Jacob, Robert & Hodge, Matthew J.
- 123-162 Health care technology in France
by Weill, Caroline
- 163-205 Health care technology in the Federal Republic of Germany
by Kirchberger, Stefan
- 207-255 Health care technology in the Netherlands
by Bos, Michael
- 257-294 Health care technology in Sweden
by Jonsson, Egon & Banta, H. David
- 295-334 Health care technology in the United Kingdom
by Spiby, Jackie
- 335-396 Health care technology in the United States
by Tunis, Sean R. & Gelband, Hellen
- 397-421 Lessons from the eight countries
by Battista, Renaldo N. & Banta, H. David & Jonnson, Egon & Hodge, Matthew & Gelband, Hellen
1994, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 183-195 The role of national quality registers in the Swedish health service
by Garpenby, Peter & Carlsson, Per
- 197-208 Health care expenditures for the elderly and reforms in the health care system in Japan
by Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 209-227 The economic consequences of malaria for households: a case-study in Nepal
by Mills, Anne
- 229-246 Disability development and the structure of care: some results from simulation of an area-based system of long-term care for elderly people
by Lagergren, Marten
- 247-259 The Chinese medicines market: moving towards a market system?
by Huttin, Christine
- 261-262 Dangerous diagnostics. The social power of biological information : By D. Nelkin and L. Tancredi, (Eds.) The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 207 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-226-57129-7
by Cassiman, J. J.
1994, Volume 29, Issue 1-2
- 1-3 Introduction to health care reform in New Zealand
by Salmond, George & Mooney, Gavin & Laugesen, Miriam
- 11-23 New Zealand health care: a background
by Laugesen, Miriam & Salmond, George
- 25-40 Reform of the New Zealand health care system
by Scott, Claudia D.
- 41-60 Core services and priority-setting: the New Zealand experience
by Cumming, Jacqueline
- 61-83 Shopping for health: purchasing health services through contracts
by Howden-Chapman, Philippa & Ashton, Toni
- 85-100 New Zealand's health providers in an emerging market
by Malcolm, Laurence & Barnett, Pauline
- 101-112 Disability support services and the reforms
by Carter, Helen
- 113-125 The impact of the new subsidy regime in general practice in New Zealand
by Davis, Peter & Gribben, Barry & Lee, Roy Lay & McAvoy, Brian
- 127-141 Public health and the reforms: the New Zealand experience
by Bandaranayake, Don
- 143-156 Maori health and the health care reforms
by Laing, Patricia & Pomare, Eru
- 157-171 The management of health care: a model of control
by Jacobs, Kerry
- 173-182 A reflection on the New Zealand health care reforms
by Mooney, Gavin & Salmond, George
1994, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 181-184 The politics of health care benefits
by Defever, Mia
- 185-195 Medical device regulation in Canada: direction for change
by Finlay, Joel F. & Henderson, Brian & Menon, Devidas
- 197-210 Profitability of HMOs: does non-profit status make a difference?
by Bryce, Herrington J.
- 211-234 Economic development and the health care system in Hong Kong
by Chu, David K. W.
- 235-256 What future WHO?
by Stenson, Bo & Sterky, Goran
- 257-256 Medical record abstraction form and guidelines for assessing quality of care for hospitalized patients with AIDS-related pneumocystis carinii pneumonia : A RAND Note. C. Bennett, C. Pindar Roth, A Iqbal, W. Lance George, D. Rodrique, M. Sherwood, S. Gilman, M. Shapiro 172 pp., 1993, RAND, Santa Monica, CA
by Peetermans, W.
- 258-259 Strategic issues in health care management : Edited by M. Malek, J. Rasquinha, P. Vacani 279 pp., John Wiley
by Borowitz, M.
- 257-258 Increasing the relevance for education for health professionals. Report of a WHO Study Group on problem-solving education for the health professions : 29 pp., WHO Technical Reports Series nr. 838, World Health Organization, Geneva, 1993, Sw.fr. 8.-. ISBN 924-120838-4
by Nooman, Zohair
1994, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 79-88 Hospital financing in Norway
by Carlsen, Fredrik
- 89-132 Cost containment and health care reform: a study of the European Union
by Abel-Smith, Brian & Mossialos, Elias
- 133-141 Cost-effectiveness ratios: in a league of their own
by Birch, Stephen & Gafni, Amiram
- 143-152 Costs and outcomes of inpatient versus outpatient hernia repair
by Mitchell, Janet B. & Harrow, Brooke
- 153-174 Disability transitions in an area-based system of long-term care for the elderly and disabled
by Lagergren, M.
- 175-176 Health economics of depression : Edited by B. Jonsson, J. Rosenbaum (Eds.) Perspectives in Psychiatry, Volume 4, 153 pp., John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 1993, [pound sign]29.95 ISBN 0-471-93746-0
by Evers, Sylvia
- 176-177 Organizing and managing tropical disease control programs. Case studies : By B. Liese, P. Sachdeva and D. Cochrane, pp. 123, Washington, D.C., The World Bank, 1992 Technical Paper 167 ISBN 0-8213-2086-6
by Leus, Xavier
1994, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-13 The cost-effectiveness of the switch towards more expensive antihypertensive drugs
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 15-22 Self-referral and self-payment in Danish primary care
by de Fine Olivarius, Niels & Jensen, Frank Ingemann & Gannik, Dorte & Pedersen, Poul A.
- 23-36 Case-based hospital financing: the case of Norway
by Magnussen, Jon & Solstad, Kjell
- 37-50 Explaining cost variations in DRGs `Acute Myocardial Infarction' by severity of illness
by Voss, Gemma B. W. E. & Hasman, Arie & Rutten, Frans & de Zwaan, Chris & Carpay, Jan J.
- 51-66 Compliance with practice guidelines: clinical autonomy revisited
by Klazinga, Niek
- 71-69 Social care and HIV-AIDS : The Hull-York Research Team (Ed.) University of York, Centre for Health Economics, University of Hull, Institute for Health Studies 214 pp., HMSO Books, Norwich, ISBN 0-11-701718-3,13.70
by Holtedahl, Khut Arne
- 72-73 Tough choices, in vitro fertilization and the reproductive technologies : By P. Stephenson and M. Wagner (Eds.) Philadelphia, Temple University Press 170 pp., 1993, ISBN 1-56639-060-5, US$34.95
by ten Have, Henk
- 73-73 Guidelines for the quality assurance programmes for blood transfusion services : Geneva, World Health Organisation 50 pp., 1993, ISBN 92-4-154448-1, Sw. Fr.8.40
by Goubau, P.
- 74-75 Health and function in the third age, papers prepared for the carnegie inquiry into the third age : By G. Evans, M. Goldacre, H. Hodkinson, S. Lamb and M. Savory (Eds.) Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust, 206 pp., 1993, ISBN 090057481 X
by Defever, M.
- 76-77 Cinquante ans d'exercise de la medicine en France. Carrieres et pratiques des medicins francais 1930-1980 (Fifty years of medical practice in France. Career and practice patterns of French physicians 1930-1980) : By C. Herzlich, M. Bungener, P. Paicheler, P. Roussin and M.C. Zuber (Eds.) 274 pp., Les editions INSERM, ISBN 2-85598-536-6
by Bacou, J.
- 73-74 Treatment for tuberculosis, guidelines for national programmes : Geneva, World Health Organization 43 pp., 1993, ISBN 92-4-154451-1, Sw.fr. 10.-
by Gyselen, Em. A.
1994, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 205-231 Competition among hospitals in the United States
by Thomson, Ron B.
- 233-252 The market reform of the New Zealand health care system searching for the Holy Grail in the antipodes
by Borren, Pim & Maynard, Alan
- 253-259 Attitudes to prevention among HIV-infected patients: the case of specific prophylaxis for Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia
by Auperin, Anne & Chouaid, Christos & des Fontaines, Virginie Halley
- 261-270 Quality assurance in health care. From a traditional towards a modern approach
by Harteloh, Peter P. M. & Verheggen, Frank W. S. M.
- 271-292 The distribution of pharmaceuticals in Europe -- current and future trends in wholesaling
by Andersson, Fredrik
1994, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 103-112 Can we restrict the health care menu?
by Klein, Rudolf
- 113-140 The influence of system factors upon the macro-economic efficiency of health care: implications for the health policies of developing and developed countries
by Jeong, Hyoung-Sun & Gunji, Atsuaki
- 141-156 Dutch home care: towards a new organization?
by Mur-Veeman, Ingrid & van Raak, Arno & Maarse, Hans
- 157-174 Privatization of the medical market in socialist China: A historical approach
by Liu, Gordon & Liu, Xingzhu & Meng, Qingyue
- 175-191 Trends in hospital resource utilization by HIV-infected persons, January 1987-June 1990
by Dijkgraaf, Marcel G. W. & Luijben, August H. P. & Jager, Johannes C. & Schrijvers, August J. P. & Borleffs, Jan C. C.
- 193-194 Health care technology and its assessment : By H. Banta (Ed.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, 384 pp., 1993, ISBN 019-262297-8, 45.00
by Hailey, D.
- 195-196 Suing for medical malpractice : By F. Sloan, P. Githens, E. Wright Clayton, G. Hickson, D. Gentile, D. Partlett (Eds.) The University of Chicago Press, Illinois 258 pp., ISBN 0-226-76279-3, US$43.25, 29.95
by Massaro, Thomas A.
- 196-197 Public hospitals in developing countries. Resource use, cost, financing : By H. Barnum; J. Kutzin (Eds.) The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore 335 pp., 1993, ISBN 0-8018-4532-7, US$35.95
by Leus, Xavier
- 197-197 Guidelines for cholera control : By World Health Organisation (Ed.) 61 pp., ISBN 92-4-154449-X, Sw.fr. 10.50, US$13.50
by Kigutha, H.
- 198-199 North American health care policy in the 1990s : By A. King, T. Hyclak; R. Thornton, S. McMahon (Eds.) John Wiley & Sons, Chichester 284 pp., 1993, ISBN, 0-471-94003-8
by Donaldson, C.
- 199-200 Brain dead, brain absent, brain donors. Human subjects or human objects : By P. McCullauch (Ed.) John Wiley & Sons, Chichester 261 pp., 1993 ISBN 0-471-93736-3, 34.95
by Nagel, E. & Pichlmayr, R.
1994, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-3 Dependency policies for Europe
by Defever, Mia
- 5-17 Health care in Canada: a system in turmoil
by Rathwell, Tom
- 19-34 Dimensions of health system reform
by Frenk, Julio
- 35-51 Blood ties: accountability for blood quality in New Zealand
by Howden-Chapman, Philippa
- 53-73 The use of prescription charges
by Huttin, Christine
- 75-96 Dependency: conceptualization and strategies
by Defever, Mia
- 97-96 Nursing in action. Strengthening nursing and midwifery to support health for all : Jane Salvage (Ed.) WHO Regional Publications, European Series No. 48, World Health Organisation, Geneva 123 pp., 1993, ISBN 92-890-1312-5, Sw.fr. 24.-
by Lagae, R.
- 97-98 Gesundheitsokonomie : F. Breyer and P. Zweifel (Eds.) Springer Lehrbuch, Springer Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg 427 pp., 1992, ISBN 3-540-55756-3
by Hoopmann, M.
1994, Volume 26, Issue 3
- 171-190 The resource implications and service outcomes of genetic services in the context of DNA technology
by Beech, Roger & Rona, Roberto J & Mandalia, Sundhiya
- 191-206 The effect of a patient charge and a prescription regulation on the use of antihypertension drugs in Limburg, The Netherlands
by Starmans, Bert & Janssen, Richard & Schepers, Martin & Verkooijen, Mathis
- 207-220 Health care expenditure in the Nordic countries
by Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Jonsson, Bengt
- 221-230 The impact of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in Canada and Australia
by Marshall, Deborah & Clark, Edie & Hailey, David
- 231-232 The health of adults in the developing world : Edited by R. Feachem, T. Kjellstrom, C. Murray, M. Over and M. Phillips Published for the World Bank by Oxford University Press, New York 360 pp., 1992, ISBN 0-19-520879-X, $34.95
by Petropoulos, Evangelos
1993, Volume 26, Issue 2
- 81-91 The value of early discharge: Dispelling some myths
by Scott, Anthony & Shiell, Alan & Farnworth, Michael George
- 93-104 NHS reforms and resource management: Whither the hospital?
by Farrar, Shelley
- 105-117 Public and private imperatives of Greek health policies
by Kyriopoulos, John E. & Tsalikis, George
- 119-139 Assessment of process quality in Tanzanian primary care
by Gilson, Lucy & Kitange, Henry & Teuscher, Thomas
- 141-154 Setting health care priorities in Sweden: The politician's point of view
by Bjork, Stefan & Rosen, Per
- 155-170 `Bed-blockers': Delayed discharge of hospital patients in a nationwide perspective in Sweden
by Styrborn, Karin & Thorslund, Mats
1993, Volume 26, Issue 1
- 1-3 Prospects for health policy
by Blanpain, Jan E.
- 5-18 Policy elements as predictors of smoking and drinking behaviour: the Dutch Cohort Study of secondary schoolchildren
by van Reek, Jan & Knibbe, Ronald & van Iwaarden, Theo
- 19-27 Rurality and resource allocation in the UK
by Watt, Ian S. & Sheldon, Trevor A.
- 29-42 Cost of illness studies in health care: a comparison of two cases
by Ament, Andre & Evers, Silvia
- 43-53 Cost-effectiveness of a tobacco `Quit and Win' contest in Sweden
by Tillgren, Per & Rosen, Mans & Haglund, Bo J. A. & Ainetdin, Tuula & Lindholm, Lars & Holm, Lars-Erik
- 55-75 Does expenditure on pharmaceuticals give good value for money?: current evidence and policy implications
by Coyle, Douglas & Drummond, Michael
- 77-78 Public mental health marketing, developing a consumer attitude : By D. Self (Ed.) New York, The Haworth Press 214 pp., 1993, ISBN 1-56024-189-6, US$32.95
by Verhaegen, Lydwine
1993, Volume 25, Issue 3
- 187-197 European regions come of age
by Brugmans, Hendrik
- 199-212 Systems of donor transfer
by de Charro, Frank Th. & Akveld, Hans E. M. & Hessing, Dick J.
- 213-242 Improving the implementation of cost recovery for health: lessons from Zimbabwe
by Hecht, Robert & Overholt, Catherine & Holmberg, Hopkins
- 243-254 The influence of technology assessments by advisory bodies on health policy and practice
by Hailey, David M.
- 255-270 Institutional responses to Medicare's prospective payment system
by Maarse, Hans & Rooijakkers, Dianca & Duzijn, Ronald
- 271-270 The role of health centres in the development of urban health systems. Report of a WHO study group on primary health care in urban areas : WHO Technical Report Series, World Health Organization, Geneva, 1992 38 pp., ISBN 92-4-120827-9, Sw.fr.7
by Garretsen, H. F. L.
- 272-273 The development and use of antiprogestin drugs: Social, political, economic, and legal issues : Medicine in the Public Interest, Boston, 1992 49 pp., US$5
by De Wachter, M.
- 273-274 Health care for the poor and uninsured: Strategies that work : Edited by N. Tate and K. Kavanagh The Haworth Press, Inc., New York, 1992 98 pp., ISBN 1-56024-315-5
by Sagar, Jain
- 274-275 Economics and mental health : Edited by R. Frank and W. Manning Jr. The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1992 351 pp., Paperback US$22.50, Hardcover US$60.00, ISBN 0-8018-4429-0
by Ament, Andre
1993, Volume 25, Issue 1-2
- 1-7 Introduction to economics in the new NHS
by Cairns, John & Donaldson, Cam
- 9-24 The new NHS in a global context: is it taking us where we want to be?
by Donaldson, Cam & Mooney, Gavin
- 25-38 The way to economic prescribing
by Ryan, Mandy & Yule, Brian
- 39-50 General practitioners and the new contract: promoting better health through financial incentives
by Hughes, David