Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Current editor: Mia Defever
Current editor: Irina Cleemput
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask the person in charge to update the entry or send us the correct address.
Series handle: repec:eee:hepoli
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple (last 10 years), Recursive (10), Discounted (10), Recursive discounted (10), H-Index (10), Aggregate (10)
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
1996, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 206-207 A world growing old. The coming health care challenges : D. Callahan, R.H.J. ter Meulen, E. Topinkova (Eds.) 175 pp., Georgetown University Press, Washington, 1995, USD$ 42.50. IBSN 0-87840-591-7
by de Casterle, B. Dierckx
1996, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 75-90 Informed choice? Health service quality and outcome information for patients
by Ovretveit, John
- 91-104 Diffusion of six surgical endoscopic procedures in the Netherlands. Stimulating and restraining factors
by Dirksen, Carmen D. & Ament, AndreJ. H. & Go, Peter M. N.
- 105-115 Is Regret Theory an alternative basis for estimating the value of healthcare interventions?
by Smith, Richard David
- 117-135 Preventing sudden infant deaths -- the slow diffusion of an idea
by McKee, Martin & Fulop, Naomi & Bouvier, Paul & Hort, Angela & Brand, Helmut & Rasmussen, Finn & Kohler, Lennart & Varasovszky, Zsuzsa & Rosdahl, Nils
1996, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-18 Socioeconomic differences in the utilization of health services in a Dutch population: the contribution of health status
by van der Meer, Joost B. W. & van den Bos, Johannes & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 19-33 The monopolistic integrated model and health care reform: the Swedish experience
by Anell, Anders
- 35-52 Severity of a case for outcome assessment in health care -- definitions and classifications of instruments
by Almeida, Rosimary T. & Carlsson, Per
- 53-72 EuroQol: the current state of play
by Brooks, Richard AU -
- 73-74 Diseases of the Prostate : N. Marchant Office of Health Economics, London, 76 pp., STG[pound sign]7.50, 1995 ISBN 0473-8837
by Baert, L.
1996, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 215-229 Economic evaluation and health care decision-making
by Rutten, Frans
- 231-244 The willingness to pay for health changes, the human-capital approach and the external costs
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 245-259 Private medicine and socioeconomic differences in the rates of common surgical procedures in Finland
by Keskimaki, Ilmo & Salinto, Marjo & Aro, Seppo
- 261-272 From universalism to selectivity: is `appropriateness' the answer?
by Lazaro, Pablo & Fitch, Kathryn
- 273-289 Labour turnover in the British National Health Service: a local labour market analysis
by Gray, Alastair M. & Phillips, V. L.
1996, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 103-115 Evaluating the benefits of antenatal screening: an alternative approach
by Shackley, Phil & Cairns, John
- 117-129 Policy relevance of the health expectancy indicator; an inventory in European Union countries
by van de Water, Harry P. A. & Perenboom, Rom J. M. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C.
- 131-153 Informed consent in clinical trials
by Verheggen, Frank W. S. M. & van Wijmen, Frans C. B.
- 155-166 Incorporating quality of life changes into economic evaluations of health care: an overview
by Blumenschein, Karen & Johannesson, Magnus
- 167-183 Community health promotion: concepts and lessons from contemporary sociology
by Nilsen, Oystein
- 185-197 The assessment of diagnostic imaging technologies: a policy perspective
by Hailey, David & McDonald, Ian
- 199-207 The 1990 GP contract -- meeting needs?
by Silcock, Jonathan & Ratcliffe, Julie
1996, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-15 Are waiting lists inevitable?
by Street, Andrew & Duckett, Stephen
- 17-35 Maximum waiting-time guarantee -- an attempt to reduce waiting lists in Sweden
by Hanning, Marianne
- 37-51 Home care policy in the Netherlands. Reforming legislation to facilitate the provision of multi-disciplinary home care
by van Raak, Arno & Mur-Veeman, Ingrid
- 53-68 A critical review of the remuneration systems for pharmacists
by Huttin, Christine
- 69-81 Appropriateness versus efficiency: the economics of utilisation review
by Coast, Joanna
- 83-98 Predictors of professional and non-professional community care for care-dependent adults
by van Achterberg, Theo & Stevens, Fred C. J. & Crebolder, Harry F. J. M. & Philipsen, Hans
1996, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 205-216 An epidemiological approach towards measuring the trade-off between equity and efficiency in health policy
by Lindholm, Lars & Rosen, Mans & Emmelin, Maria
- 217-228 Health policy on bone density measurement technology in Sweden and Australia
by Marshall, Deborah & Hailey, David & Jonsson, Egon
- 229-245 Financing the World Health Organisation: global importance of extrabudgetary funds
by Vaughan, J. Patrick & Mogedal, Sigrun & Kruse, Stein-Erik & Lee, Kelley & Walt, Gill & de Wilde, Koen
- 247-265 The ambiguous relationship between practice variation and appropriateness of care: an agenda for further research
by Casparie, Anton F.
- 267-277 An assessment of intraoperative radiotherapy
by Patterson, Cath & Hailey, David
- 279-292 Managed markets in health care: the UK experiment
by Ham, Chris
- 293-294 Wrong medicine, doctors, patients, and futile treatment : L. Schneiderman, N. Jecker John Hopkins University Press, 1995, 200 pp., US$25.95. ISBN 0-8018-5036-3
by Borghgraef, R.
- 294-296 Valming health for policy. An economic approach : G. Tolley, D. Kenkel, R. Fabian The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 422 pp., 1994, US$74.75. ISBN 0-226-80713-4
by McKenna, S.
1996, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 107-121 Translating clinical practice into health policy: an example from China
by Peabody, John W. & Hesketh, Therese M. & Steinberg, Paul S.
- 123-143 Costs, effects and cost-effectiveness analysis of a mobile maternal health care service in West Kiang, The Gambia
by Fox-Rushby, Julia A. & Foord, Frances
- 145-154 The cost of cataract surgery in a public health eye care program in Nepal
by Marseille, Elliot & Gilbert, Suzanne
- 155-177 Public autonomous hospitals in sub-Saharan Africa: trends and issues
by McPake, Barbara Isobel
- 179-187 Predicting effects of minimal invasive therapy
by Bloom, Bernard S. & Fendrick, A. Mark & McLane, Clyde
- 189-204 Physician volume response to price controls
by Nguyen, Xuan Nguyen
1996, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-11 Transfer of DNA tests from research to routine laboratories: some lessons from the French experience in the case of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
by Hirtzlin, Isabelle
- 13-32 Lifetime hospitalization profiles for symptomatic, HIV-infected persons
by Dijkgraaf, Marcel G. W. & Luijben, August H. P. & Postma, Maarten J. & Borleffs, Jan C. C. & Schrijvers, August J. P. & Jager, Johannes C.
- 33-52 Regulating healthcare technologies and medical supplies in the European Economic Erea
by Altenstetter, Christa
- 53-59 Complex decisions about an uncomplicated therapy: reimbursement for long-term oxygen therapy in Catalonia (Spain)
by Borras, Josep M. & Granados, Alicia & Escarrabill, Joan & de Lissovoy, Gregory
- 61-73 Costs of mental illness in Britain
by Smith, Kirsteen & Wright, Ken
- 75-93 Beyond the public-private debate: the mixed economy of health
by Ovretveit, John
- 95-96 Communication for health and behavior change. A developing country perspective : J. Graeff, J. Elder, E. Mills Booth A Publication of the HEALTHCOM Project, Academy for Educational Development, Jossey-Bass Publishers, San Francisco, 204 pp., US$23.95, 1993, ISBN 1-55542-585-2
by Schwarz, Alberto
- 97-96 Beyond the crisis. Preserving the capacity for excellence in health care and medical science : H. Greenberg, S. Raymond (Eds.) The New York Academy of Sciences, New York, 198 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-89766-901-0
by Dunning, D.
1995, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 153-166 Evaluation of diffuse technologies: the case of digital imaging networks
by Keen, Justin & Bryan, Stirling & Muris, Nicole & Weatherburn, Gwyn & Buxton, Martin
- 167-192 Dissemination of effectiveness and outcomes research
by Kanouse, David E. & Kallich, Joel D. & Kahan, James P.
- 193-204 Accreditation: what can we learn from the Anglophone model?
by Scrivens, Ellie E. J. & Klein, Rudolf & Steiner, Andrea
- 205-220 Incentives and financing methods
by Monrad Aas, I. H.
1995, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 79-94 Who cares about cost? Does economic analysis impose or reflect social values?
by Nord, Erik & Richardson, Jeff & Street, Andrew & Kuhse, Helga & Singer, Peter
- 95-112 More effective and less expensive: lessons from five studies examining community approaches to care
by Browne, Gina & Roberts, Jacqueline & Gafni, Amiram & Weir, Robin & Watt, Susan & Byrne, Carolyn
- 113-134 Hospital payment arrangements to encourage efficiency: the case of Victoria, Australia
by Duckett, Stephen J.
- 135-143 Value for money? A contingent valuation study of the optimal size of the Swedish health care budget
by Eckerlund, Ingemar & Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov & Tambour, Magnus & Zethraeus, Niklas
- 145-151 The efficacy and equity of retransplantation: an experimental survey of public attitudes
by Ubel, Peter A. & Loewenstein, George
1995, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-7 Health care reforms: the unfinished agenda
by Defever, Mia
- 9-19 Measuring human betterment through avoidable mortality: a case for universal health care in the USA
by Hisnanick, John J. & Coddington, Dale A.
- 21-33 Evaluation and diffusion of excimer laser treatment of myopia in the United States and in the Netherlands
by Vondeling, Hindrik & Rosendal, Henk & Banta, David
- 35-51 A cost-effectiveness analysis of cervical cancer screening: health policy implications
by Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Holund, Berit & Andersen, Per
- 53-62 Health services financing in Greece: a role for private health insurance
by Liaropoulos, Lycurgus L.
- 63-71 The evolution of heart, lung and liver transplantation services in Australia
by Hirsch, Naarilla & Hailey, David & Martin, Craig
- 73-71 How to investigate drug use in health facilities. Selected drug use indicators : WHO Publications, Geneva, 87 pp., 1993
by Ghei, P.
- 75-76 Alcohol policy and the public good : G. Edwards et al. (Eds.) Oxford Medical Publications, Oxford, 226 pp., STG[pound sign]14.95, 1994 ISBN 0-19-262561-6
by Casselman, J.
- 76-77 The social meaning of midwifery : S. Hung and A. Symonds (Eds.) Macmillan Press, London, 171 pp., STG[pound sign]12.99, 1995 ISBN 0-333-60877-1
by Mathews, D.
- 73-75 Social pharmacy. Innovation and development : G. Hardings, S. Nettleton, K. Taylor (Eds.) The Pharmaceutical Press, 197 pp., STG[pound sign]15.00, 1994 ISBN 0-85369-322-6
by Peys, F.
1995, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 169-177 Donor card registration system in Japan: an obstacle to procuring kidneys for transplantation
by Hasegawa, Tomonori & Maeda, Yuko & Yamakawa, Kazuo & Tsuchida, Takashi & Oshima, Shinichi
- 179-190 Economic evaluation of health care and policymaking
by Johnnesson, Magnus
- 191-204 The pursuit of equity: a health sector case study from Vietnam
by Hien, Nguyen Tran & Thu Ha, Le Thi & Rifkin, Susan B. & Wright, E. Pamela
- 205-217 The European health potential: what can we learn from each other?
by Schaapveld, Kees & Chorus, Astrid M. J. & Perenboom, Rom J. M.
- 219-231 Assessment of health producing measures across different sectors
by Drummond, Michael & Stoddart, Greg
- 233-234 Pricing and reimbursement of pharmaceuticals: An evaluation of cost-containment strategies : S. Shulman and L. Lasagna (Guest Editors) Pharmaco Economics, Vol. 6, Suppl. 1, pp. 1-87, 1994, Addis International, Chester ISSN 1170-7690
by Anderson, F.
- 234-236 Coordinating community care. Multidisciplinary teams and care management : J. Ovretveit Open University Press, Buckingham, Philadelphia, 232 pp, STG[pound sign]14.99, 1993 ISBN 0-335-19047-2
by Borgermans, Liesbeth & Abraham, Ivo
- 236-237 Management support for primary health care. A practical guide to management for health centres and local projects : P. Johnstone and J. Ranken FSG Communications Ltd., Cambridge, 186 pp, STG[pound sign]12.00, 1994 ISBN 187118-02-4
by Kigutha, Hilda
- 237-238 Health care, health promotion and the future general practice : D. Taylor and K. Bloor The Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, Royal Society of Medicine Press, London, 201 pp, STG[pound sign]12.50, 1994 ISBN 1-85315-243-9
by Vallance-Owen, A. J.
1995, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 77-78 Preface
by Donaldson, Cam & Ratcliffe, Julie
- 79-90 Economics, public health and health care purchasing: reinventing the wheel?
by Donaldson, Cam
- 91-105 Programme budgeting and marginal analysis: application within programmes to assist purchasing in Greater Glasgow Health Board
by Twaddle, Sara & Walker, Andrew
- 107-125 Clearing the fog on the Tyne: programme budgeting in Newcastle and North Tyneside Health Authority
by Craig, Neil & Parkin, David & Gerard, Karen
- 127-145 A survivor's guide to programme budgeting
by Brambleby, Peter
- 147-155 Messages from Mid Glamorgan: a multi-programme experiment with marginal analysis
by Cohen, David R.
- 157-160 PBMA--its role in the future purchasing arrangements for health care services
by Wilson, Hamish & Scott, Sheila
- 161-168 Public health and economics in tandem: programme budgeting, marginal analysis and priority setting in practice
by Madden, Lynne & Hussey, Ruth & Mooney, Gavin & Church, Elaine
1995, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-14 Health and its determining factors in the Tokyo megacity
by Takeuchi, Sachiko & Takano, Takehito & Nakamura, Keiko
- 15-29 Indirect costs of disease; an international comparison
by van Roijen, Leona & Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Rutten, Frans F. H. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 31-42 Issues in the evaluation of picture archiving and communication systems
by Bryan, Stirling & Keen, Justin & Muris, Nicole & Weatherburn, Gwyn & Buxton, Martin
- 43-57 The reimbursement of the expenses for medical treatment received by `transnational' patients in EU-countries
by Kesteloot, Katrien & Pocceschi, Sabrina & van der Schueren, Emmanuel
- 59-66 A note on the depreciation of the societal perspective in economic evaluation of health care
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 67-68 Promise and performance in managed care. The prepaid group practive model : D. Freeborn and C. Pope The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 168 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-8018-4819-9
by Brewer, Mrs Wendy
- 68-70 The right medicine. How to make health reform work today : D. Dundiff and M. McCarthy Humana Press, Totowa, New Jersey, 260 pp., U.S. $24.50, 1994 ISBN 089603-284-1
by Altenstetter, Dr C.
- 70-71 Primary health care in an international context : J. Fry and J. Horder The Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, London, 1994 ISBN 0-900574-90-9
by Bass, Dr M.
1995, Volume 32, Issue 1-3
- 1-iii Acknowledgements
by Berman, Peter
- 3-11 Introduction
by Berman, Peter & Bir, Anupa
- 13-28 Health sector reform: making health development sustainable
by Berman, Peter
- 29-45 Ends and means in public health policy in developing countries
by Hammer, Jeffrey S. & Berman, Peter
- 47-77 The politics of health sector reform in developing countries: three cases of pharmaceutical policy
by Reich, Michael R.
- 79-91 What can developing economies learn from health system reforms of developed economies?
by Chernichovsky, Dov
- 93-109 Towards an analytical approach to health sector reform
by Murray, Christopher J. L.
- 111-123 Cost-effectiveness and the socialization of health care
by Musgrove, Philip
- 125-139 Abnormal economics in the health sector
by Hsiao, William C.
- 141-153 Market reforms in health care and sustainability of the welfare state: lessons from Sweden
by Diderichsen, Finn
- 155-166 Chile's health sector reform: lessons from four reform periods
by de la Jara, Jorge Jimenez & Bossert, Thomas
- 167-180 New methods of financing and managing health care in the Russian Federation
by Sheiman, Igor
- 181-191 Reform of the Chinese health care financing system
by Xing-Yuan, Gu & Sheng-Lan, Tang
- 193-214 Have structural adjustments led to health sector reform in Africa?
by Sahn, David & Bernier, Rene
- 215-243 Health sector reforms in sub-Saharan Africa: lessons of the last 10 years
by Gilson, Lucy & Mills, Anne
- 245-255 Health care reform in Kenya: a review of the process
by Mwabu, Germano
- 257-277 Comprehensive policy analysis for health system reform
by Frenk, Julio
- 279-293 Preconditions for health reform: experiences from the OECD countries
by Schieber, George J.
- 295-306 Data analysis needs for health sector reform
by Walsh, Julia & Simonet, Maryse
1995, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 157-169 Health insurance in Russia -- the Kuzbass experience
by Isakova, Ljudmila. E. & Zelckovich, Roman. M. & Frid, Edward. M.
- 171-181 Primary care and health care reform: the need to reflect before reforming
by Maynard, Alan & Bloor, Karen
- 183-195 Evaluating the effects of GP remuneration: problems and prospects
by Scott, Anthony & Hall, Jane
- 197-210 Ethical dilemmas in care for HIV infection among French general practitioners
by Moatti, Jean-Paul & Souville, Marc & Obadia, Yolande & Morina, Michel & Sebbah, Remy & Gamby, Thierry & Gallais, Herve & Gastaut, Jean-Albert
- 211-224 The changing availability of residential aged care in Australia
by Gibson, Diane & Liu, Zhibin & Choi, Ching
- 225-229 On the estimation of cost-effectiveness ratios
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 231-238 Cost-effectiveness league tables: think of the fans
by Drummond, Michael & Mason, James & Torrance, George
- 239-240 Evaluating the NHS reforms : R. Robinson and J. Le Grand (Eds.) King's Fund Institute, Newbury, 288 pp., STG[pound sign]25.00, 1994 ISBN 0-946967-42-3
by Ham, Chris
- 241-242 Institutional strengthening and the development of research capacity in social sciences : L. Manderson (Ed.) Acta Tropica, Elsevier (Special Issue) vol. 57, issue 2/3, pp. 97-238, 1994 ISSN 0001-706X
by Mills, Anne
- 242-243 National health service management in the 1980s. Policy making on the hoof? : S. Harrison (Ed.) Avebury, Aldershot, Hampshire, 197 pp., STG[pound sign]32.50, 1994 ISBN 1-85628-663-0
by Edwards, Brian
1995, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 81-101 Negotiating fees for medical specialists in the Netherlands
by Lieverdink, Harm & Maarse, Hans
- 103-110 The use of economic evaluation in health care: Australian decision makers' perceptions
by Ross, Jayne
- 111-125 A critical review of health-related economic evaluations in Australia: implications for health policy
by Salkeld, Glenn & Davey, Peter & Arnolda, Gaston
- 127-150 AIDS scenarios for The Netherlands; the economic impact on hospitals
by Postma, Maarten J. & Jager, Johannes C. & Dijgraaf, Marcel G. W. & Borleffs, Jan C. C. & Tolley, Keith & Leidl, Reiner M.
- 151-152 Intensive care. Medical ethics and the medical profession : R. Zussman (Ed.) The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 252 pp., 1992 ISBN 0-226-99635-2
by Borghgraef, R.
- 152-153 Journal of religion in disability and rehabilitation : Inaugural Issue (volume 1 number 1. 1994) The Haworth Pastoral Press, an Imprint of The Haworth Press Inc. ISSN 1059-9258
by Schotsmans, Paul
- 153-155 Strong medicine: How to save Canada's health care system : M. Rachlis and C. Kushner (Eds.) Harper Collins, Toronto, 396 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-00-255281-7
by O'Neill, Michael A.
1995, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-16 Managing the medical workforce: time for improvements?
by Maynard, Alan & Walker, Arthur
- 17-27 Handling complaints in hospitals
by van der Wal, Gert & Lens, Peter
- 29-42 Health for all in the Republic of Korea: one country's experience with implementing universal health care
by Peabody, John W. & Lee, Sung-Woo & Bickel, Stephen R.
- 43-52 The place of magnetic resonance imaging in health care
by Hailey, David & Marshall, Deborah
- 53-65 The introduction of deductibles for prescription drugs in a national health insurance: compulsory or voluntary?
by Bakker, F. M. & van Vliet, R. C. J. A.
- 67-68 Key issues in health economics : G. Mooney Harvester Wheatsheaf, New York, 195 pp., US$24.95, 1994 ISBN 0-7450-1013-X
by Kesteloot, K.
- 68-69 The NHS -- A kaleidoscope of care -- Conflicts of service and business values : T. Kember and G. Macpherson The Nuffields Provincial Hospital Trust, London, 364 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-900574-87-9
by Robinson, Ray
- 69-72 The National Health Service. A manager's tale. 1946-1992 : B. Edwards The Nuffields Provincial Hospitals Trust, 208 pp., STG[pound sign]18.50, 1993 ISBN 0-900574-83-6
by Maxwell, Robert J.
1994, Volume 30, Issue 1-3
- 1-21 Health care technology as a policy issue
by Banta, H. David
- 23-72 Health care technology in Australia
by Hailey, David
- 73-122 Health care technology in Canada (with special reference to Quebec)
by Battista, Renaldo N. & Jacob, Robert & Hodge, Matthew J.
- 123-162 Health care technology in France
by Weill, Caroline
- 163-205 Health care technology in the Federal Republic of Germany
by Kirchberger, Stefan
- 207-255 Health care technology in the Netherlands
by Bos, Michael
- 257-294 Health care technology in Sweden
by Jonsson, Egon & Banta, H. David
- 295-334 Health care technology in the United Kingdom
by Spiby, Jackie
- 335-396 Health care technology in the United States
by Tunis, Sean R. & Gelband, Hellen
- 397-421 Lessons from the eight countries
by Battista, Renaldo N. & Banta, H. David & Jonnson, Egon & Hodge, Matthew & Gelband, Hellen
1994, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 183-195 The role of national quality registers in the Swedish health service
by Garpenby, Peter & Carlsson, Per
- 197-208 Health care expenditures for the elderly and reforms in the health care system in Japan
by Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 209-227 The economic consequences of malaria for households: a case-study in Nepal
by Mills, Anne
- 229-246 Disability development and the structure of care: some results from simulation of an area-based system of long-term care for elderly people
by Lagergren, Marten
- 247-259 The Chinese medicines market: moving towards a market system?
by Huttin, Christine
- 261-262 Dangerous diagnostics. The social power of biological information : By D. Nelkin and L. Tancredi, (Eds.) The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 207 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-226-57129-7
by Cassiman, J. J.
1994, Volume 29, Issue 1-2
- 1-3 Introduction to health care reform in New Zealand
by Salmond, George & Mooney, Gavin & Laugesen, Miriam
- 11-23 New Zealand health care: a background
by Laugesen, Miriam & Salmond, George
- 25-40 Reform of the New Zealand health care system
by Scott, Claudia D.
- 41-60 Core services and priority-setting: the New Zealand experience
by Cumming, Jacqueline
- 61-83 Shopping for health: purchasing health services through contracts
by Howden-Chapman, Philippa & Ashton, Toni
- 85-100 New Zealand's health providers in an emerging market
by Malcolm, Laurence & Barnett, Pauline
- 101-112 Disability support services and the reforms
by Carter, Helen
- 113-125 The impact of the new subsidy regime in general practice in New Zealand
by Davis, Peter & Gribben, Barry & Lee, Roy Lay & McAvoy, Brian
- 127-141 Public health and the reforms: the New Zealand experience
by Bandaranayake, Don
- 143-156 Maori health and the health care reforms
by Laing, Patricia & Pomare, Eru
- 157-171 The management of health care: a model of control
by Jacobs, Kerry
- 173-182 A reflection on the New Zealand health care reforms
by Mooney, Gavin & Salmond, George
1994, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 181-184 The politics of health care benefits
by Defever, Mia
- 185-195 Medical device regulation in Canada: direction for change
by Finlay, Joel F. & Henderson, Brian & Menon, Devidas
- 197-210 Profitability of HMOs: does non-profit status make a difference?
by Bryce, Herrington J.
- 211-234 Economic development and the health care system in Hong Kong
by Chu, David K. W.
- 235-256 What future WHO?
by Stenson, Bo & Sterky, Goran
- 257-256 Medical record abstraction form and guidelines for assessing quality of care for hospitalized patients with AIDS-related pneumocystis carinii pneumonia : A RAND Note. C. Bennett, C. Pindar Roth, A Iqbal, W. Lance George, D. Rodrique, M. Sherwood, S. Gilman, M. Shapiro 172 pp., 1993, RAND, Santa Monica, CA
by Peetermans, W.
- 258-259 Strategic issues in health care management : Edited by M. Malek, J. Rasquinha, P. Vacani 279 pp., John Wiley
by Borowitz, M.
- 257-258 Increasing the relevance for education for health professionals. Report of a WHO Study Group on problem-solving education for the health professions : 29 pp., WHO Technical Reports Series nr. 838, World Health Organization, Geneva, 1993, Sw.fr. 8.-. ISBN 924-120838-4
by Nooman, Zohair
1994, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 79-88 Hospital financing in Norway
by Carlsen, Fredrik
- 89-132 Cost containment and health care reform: a study of the European Union
by Abel-Smith, Brian & Mossialos, Elias
- 133-141 Cost-effectiveness ratios: in a league of their own
by Birch, Stephen & Gafni, Amiram
- 143-152 Costs and outcomes of inpatient versus outpatient hernia repair
by Mitchell, Janet B. & Harrow, Brooke
- 153-174 Disability transitions in an area-based system of long-term care for the elderly and disabled
by Lagergren, M.
- 175-176 Health economics of depression : Edited by B. Jonsson, J. Rosenbaum (Eds.) Perspectives in Psychiatry, Volume 4, 153 pp., John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 1993, [pound sign]29.95 ISBN 0-471-93746-0
by Evers, Sylvia
- 176-177 Organizing and managing tropical disease control programs. Case studies : By B. Liese, P. Sachdeva and D. Cochrane, pp. 123, Washington, D.C., The World Bank, 1992 Technical Paper 167 ISBN 0-8213-2086-6
by Leus, Xavier
1994, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-13 The cost-effectiveness of the switch towards more expensive antihypertensive drugs
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 15-22 Self-referral and self-payment in Danish primary care
by de Fine Olivarius, Niels & Jensen, Frank Ingemann & Gannik, Dorte & Pedersen, Poul A.
- 23-36 Case-based hospital financing: the case of Norway
by Magnussen, Jon & Solstad, Kjell
- 37-50 Explaining cost variations in DRGs `Acute Myocardial Infarction' by severity of illness
by Voss, Gemma B. W. E. & Hasman, Arie & Rutten, Frans & de Zwaan, Chris & Carpay, Jan J.
- 51-66 Compliance with practice guidelines: clinical autonomy revisited
by Klazinga, Niek
- 71-69 Social care and HIV-AIDS : The Hull-York Research Team (Ed.) University of York, Centre for Health Economics, University of Hull, Institute for Health Studies 214 pp., HMSO Books, Norwich, ISBN 0-11-701718-3,13.70
by Holtedahl, Khut Arne
- 72-73 Tough choices, in vitro fertilization and the reproductive technologies : By P. Stephenson and M. Wagner (Eds.) Philadelphia, Temple University Press 170 pp., 1993, ISBN 1-56639-060-5, US$34.95
by ten Have, Henk
- 73-73 Guidelines for the quality assurance programmes for blood transfusion services : Geneva, World Health Organisation 50 pp., 1993, ISBN 92-4-154448-1, Sw. Fr.8.40
by Goubau, P.
- 74-75 Health and function in the third age, papers prepared for the carnegie inquiry into the third age : By G. Evans, M. Goldacre, H. Hodkinson, S. Lamb and M. Savory (Eds.) Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust, 206 pp., 1993, ISBN 090057481 X
by Defever, M.
- 76-77 Cinquante ans d'exercise de la medicine en France. Carrieres et pratiques des medicins francais 1930-1980 (Fifty years of medical practice in France. Career and practice patterns of French physicians 1930-1980) : By C. Herzlich, M. Bungener, P. Paicheler, P. Roussin and M.C. Zuber (Eds.) 274 pp., Les editions INSERM, ISBN 2-85598-536-6
by Bacou, J.
- 73-74 Treatment for tuberculosis, guidelines for national programmes : Geneva, World Health Organization 43 pp., 1993, ISBN 92-4-154451-1, Sw.fr. 10.-
by Gyselen, Em. A.
1994, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 205-231 Competition among hospitals in the United States
by Thomson, Ron B.
- 233-252 The market reform of the New Zealand health care system searching for the Holy Grail in the antipodes
by Borren, Pim & Maynard, Alan
- 253-259 Attitudes to prevention among HIV-infected patients: the case of specific prophylaxis for Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia
by Auperin, Anne & Chouaid, Christos & des Fontaines, Virginie Halley
- 261-270 Quality assurance in health care. From a traditional towards a modern approach
by Harteloh, Peter P. M. & Verheggen, Frank W. S. M.
- 271-292 The distribution of pharmaceuticals in Europe -- current and future trends in wholesaling
by Andersson, Fredrik
1994, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 103-112 Can we restrict the health care menu?
by Klein, Rudolf
- 113-140 The influence of system factors upon the macro-economic efficiency of health care: implications for the health policies of developing and developed countries
by Jeong, Hyoung-Sun & Gunji, Atsuaki
- 141-156 Dutch home care: towards a new organization?
by Mur-Veeman, Ingrid & van Raak, Arno & Maarse, Hans