Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: Mia Defever
Editor: Irina Cleemput
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask the person in charge to update the entry or send us the correct address.
Series handle: repec:eee:hepoli
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2001, Volume 58, Issue 3
- 243-262 Financial incentives in health care. The impact of performance-based reimbursement
by Forsberg, Ewa & Axelsson, Runo & Arnetz, Bengt
- 263-274 Do the research goal and databases match? A checklist for a systematic approach
by van Eijk, Martine E. C. & Krist, Lambert F. G. & Avorn, Jerry & Porsius, Arijan & de Boer, Anthonius
- 275-288 Does willingness to pay vary by race/ethnicity? An analysis using mammography among low-income women
by Wagner, Todd H. & Hu, Teh-wei & Duenas, Grace V. & Kaplan, Celia P. & Nguyen, Bang H. & Pasick, Rena J.
2001, Volume 58, Issue 2
- 99-119 The impact of legislative versus non-legislative quality policy in health care: a comparison between two countries
by Sluijs, Emmy M. & Outinen, Maarit & Wagner, Cordula & Liukko, Matti & de Bakker, Dinny H.
- 121-131 The cost of hepatitis C and the cost-effectiveness of its prevention
by Shiell, Alan & Law, Matthew G
- 133-149 A comparative analysis of domiciliary oxygen therapy in five European countries
by Garattini, Livio & Cornago, Dante & Tediosi, Fabrizio
- 151-173 Sense of place, organizational context and the strategic management of publicly funded hospitals
by Hanlon, Neil T.
- 175-186 Analysis of costs and cost-effectiveness in multinational trials
by Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Touw, Karien C. R. & Rutten, Frans F. H.
2001, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 1-14 The relationship between per capita income and diffusion of medical technologies
by Slade, Eric P. & Anderson, Gerard F.
- 15-26 Providing information on emerging health technologies to provincial decision makers: a pilot project
by Hailey, David & Topfer, Leigh-Ann & Wills, Fiona
- 27-35 Application of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats analysis in the development of a health technology assessment program
by Gibis, Bernhard & Artiles, Justo & Corabian, Paula & Meiesaar, Kersti & Koppel, Agris & Jacobs, Philip & Serrano, Pedro & Menon, Devidas
- 37-67 Strategies for promoting equity: experience with community financing in three African countries
by Gilson, Lucy & Kalyalya, Denny & Kuchler, Felix & Lake, Sally & Oranga, Hezron & Ouendo, Marius
- 69-81 Fear and social isolation as consequences of tuberculosis in VietNam: a gender analysis
by Long, Nguyen Hoang & Johansson, Eva & Diwan, Vinod K. & Winkvist, Anna
- 83-96 Policy implications of the inadequate support systems for orphans in Western Kenya
by Nyambedha, Erick Otieno & Wandibba, Simiyu & Aagaard-Hansen, Jens
2001, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 169-177 Computer-assisted health impact assessment for intersectoral health policy
by Mooy, Johanna M. & Gunning-Schepers, Louise J.
- 179-192 Prospects for tobacco control in Zimbabwe: a historical perspective
by Woelk, Godfrey & Mtisi, Sobona & Vaughan, J. Patrick
- 193-204 Symptom-based outcome measures for asthma: the use of discrete choice methods to assess patient preferences
by McKenzie, Lynda & Cairns, John & Osman, Liesl
- 205-224 Equity in health in unequal societies: meeting health needs in contexts of social change
by Bloom, Gerald
- 225-234 Equivalence versus pragmatic trials for the economic evaluation of information and communication technologies;: the case of polysomnography under telesurveillance in the diagnosis of sleep apnea syndrome
by Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie & Lanoe, Jean-Louis
- 235-248 Improving performance in public hospitals: a role for comparative costs?
by Dawson, Diane & Goddard, Maria & Street, Andrew
2001, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 79-96 The public economics of tuberculosis control
by Jack, William
- 97-109 The costs of radon mitigation in domestic properties
by Coskeran, Thomas & Denman, Antony & Phillips, Paul
- 111-139 The potential demand for an AIDS vaccine in Thailand
by Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Phoolcharoen, Wiput & Pitayarangsarit, Siriwan & Kongsin, Sukhontha & Kasemsup, Vijj & Tantivess, Sripen & Suraratdecha, Chutima
- 141-153 Scope and scale insensitivities in a contingent valuation study of risk reductions
by Norinder, Anna & Hjalte, Krister & Persson, Ulf
- 155-164 Determinants of customer satisfaction with the health care system, with the possibility to choose a personal physician and with a family doctor in a transition country
by Kersnik, Janko
2001, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-13 Health economics in low income countries: adapting to the reality of the unofficial economy
by Ensor, Tim & Witter, Sophie
- 15-26 How people respond to illness in Mexico: self-care or medical care?
by Leyva-Flores, Rene & Luz Kageyama, M. & Erviti-Erice, Joaquina
- 27-44 Institutional innovation and the handling of health complaints in New Zealand: an assessment
by Dew, Kevin & Roorda, Mathea
- 45-56 The appropriateness of treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a comparison of Dutch and multinational criteria
by McDonnell, Joseph & Stoevelaar, Herman J. & Ruud Bosch, J. L. H. & Kahan, James P. & AU -
- 57-72 Value focused rationality in AIDS policy
by Wenstop, Fred & Magnus, Per
2001, Volume 56, Issue 3
- 171-204 A descriptive framework for country-level analysis of health care financing arrangements
by Kutzin, Joseph
- 205-213 Are publicly-insured psychiatric outpatients in Japan satisfied?
by Ito, Hiroto & Sederer, Lloyd I.
- 215-234 Cost-effectiveness study on influenza prevention in Hong Kong
by Fitzner, Karen A. & Shortridge, K. F. & McGhee, S. M. & Hedley, A. J.
- 235-250 What is `best practice' in health care? State of the art and perspectives in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the European health care systems
by Perleth, Matthias & Jakubowski, Elke & Busse, Reinhard
2001, Volume 56, Issue 2
- 85-98 Health care under transformation in Poland
by Tymowska, Katarzyna
- 99-110 Legislation analysis according to WHO and INCB criteria on opioid availability: a comparative study of 5 countries and the state of Texas
by Liliana De Lima, M. H. A. & Sakowski, Julie Ann & Stratton Hill, C. & Bruera, Eduardo
- 111-125 Maternal serum screening, political decision-making and social learning
by Stemerding, Dirk & van Berkel, Dymphie
- 127-147 The German strategy for quality improvement in health care: still to improve
by Sauerland, Dirk
- 149-163 Using computerised patient-level costing data for setting DRG weights: the Victorian (Australia) cost weight studies
by Jackson, Terri
2001, Volume 56, Issue 1
- 1-20 Reforming the Israeli health system: findings of a 3-year evaluation
by Gross, Revital & Rosen, Bruce & Shirom, Arie
- 21-32 Assessing efficiency in the UK breast screening programme: does size of screening unit make a difference?
by Johnston, Katharine & Gerard, Karen
- 33-48 Support and consultation for general practitioners concerning euthanasia: the SCEA project
by Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje D. & van der Wal, Gerrit
- 49-63 Reimbursement policies, incentives and disincentives to perform laparoscopic surgery in Israel
by Greenberg, Dan & Peiser, Jochanan G. & Peterburg, Yitzhak & Pliskin, Joseph S.
- 65-79 Adoption of new health care services in Norway (1993-1997): specialists' self-assessment according to national criteria for priority setting
by Norheim, Ole Frithjof & Ekeberg, Oivind & Evensen, Stein A. & Halvorsen, Marit & Kvernebo, Knut
2001, Volume 55, Issue 3
- 159-172 Public doubts about vaccination safety and resistance against vaccination
by Streefland, Pieter H.
- 173-186 Using programme budgeting and marginal analysis to assist population based strategic planning for coronary heart disease
by Haas, Marion & Viney, Rosalie & Kristensen, Elizabeth & Pain, Charles & Foulds, Kim
- 187-207 Lack of integration, and seasonal variations in demand explained performance problems and waiting times for patients at emergency departments: a 3 years evaluation of the shift of responsibility between primary and secondary care by closure of two acute hospitals
by Andersson, Grazyna & Karlberg, Ingvar
- 209-225 Preventive service delivery for children in a managed care environment: contrasts and lessons from Israel
by Freed, Gary L. & DeFriese, Gordon H. & Williams, Dennis & Behar, Lenore
- 227-231 Educational differences in health expectancy in Madrid and Barcelona
by Martinez-Sanchez, Eva & Gutierrez-Fisac, Juan L. & Gispert, Rosa & Regidor, Enrique
- 237-238 Index
- 239-238 Index
2001, Volume 55, Issue 2
- 85-95 Timing of adoption of laparoscopic cholecystectomy in Denmark and in The Netherlands: a comparative study
by Poulsen, Peter Bo & Vondeling, Hindrik & Dirksen, Carmen D. & Adamsen, Sven & Go, Peter M. N. Y. H. & Ament, Andre J. H.
- 97-109 On the evaluation of drug benefits policy changes with longitudinal claims data: the policy maker's versus the clinician's perspective
by Schneeweiss, Sebastian & Maclure, Malcolm & Walker, Alexander M. & Grootendorst, Paul & Soumerai, Stephen B.
- 111-120 Integration of care in The Netherlands: the development of transmural care since 1994
by van der Linden, Barbara A. & Spreeuwenberg, Cor & Schrijvers, Augustinus J. P.
- 121-128 Patient views on choice and participation in primary health care
by Rosen, Per & Anell, Anders & Hjortsberg, Catharina
- 129-149 Ethical dilemmas in communicating medical information to the public
by Resnik, David B.
2001, Volume 55, Issue 1
- 1-18 Developing financial autonomy in public hospitals in India: Rajasthan's model
by Sharma, Suneeta & Hotchkiss, David R.
- 19-36 Introducing DRG-based financing in Hungary: a study into the relationship between supply of hospital beds and use of these beds under changing institutional circumstances
by Kroneman, Madelon & Nagy, Julia
- 37-50 Maximising health gain within available resources in the New Zealand public health system
by Bohmer, Paul & Pain, Charles & Watt, Alex & Abernethy, Paul & Sceats, Janet
- 51-69 Health-related quality of life by disease and socio-economic group in the general population in Sweden
by Burstrom, Kristina & Johannesson, Magnus & Diderichsen, Finn
- 71-79 Hospital at home: what is its place in the health system?
by Bentur, Netta
2000, Volume 54, Issue 3
- 169-185 Setting priorities for the adoption of health technologies on a national level -- the Israeli experience
by Shani, Segev & Siebzehner, Miriam Ines & Luxenburg, Osnat & Shemer, Joshua
- 187-200 Methodological considerations on the assessment of the implementation of quality management systems
by van Harten, Willem H. & Casparie, Ton F. & Fisscher, Olaf A. M.
- 201-207 Surgeon predictions on growth of minimal invasive therapy: the difficulty of estimating technologic diffusion
by Bloom, Bernard S. & de Pouvourville, Nathalie & Libert, Simon & Mark Fendrick, A.
- 209-227 Analysis and interpretation of cost data in dialysis: review of Western European literature
by Peeters, Pascale & Rublee, Dale & Just, Paul M. & Joseph, Alain
- 229-233 Cost-effectiveness as a criterion for public spending on health: a reply to William Jack's `second opinion'
by Musgrove, Philip
- 237-238 Index
- 239-238 Index
2000, Volume 54, Issue 2
- 67-86 How the reimbursement system may influence physicians' decisions results from focus groups interviews in France
by Huttin, C. & Andral, J.
- 87-123 Review of the literature on reference pricing
by Lopez-Casasnovas, Guillem & Puig-Junoy, Jaume
- 125-141 Cost implications of routine mammography screening of women 50-69 years in the County of Funen, Denmark
by Bech, Mickael & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte
- 143-159 Economic burden of malaria illness on households versus that of all other illness episodes: a study in five malaria holo-endemic Nigerian communities
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Chima, Reginald & Okonkwo, Paul
- 161-159 Erratum to `Health care in Hong Kong and mainland China: one country, two systems?': [Health Policy 53 (2000) 147-155]
by Fitzner, Karen A. & Coughlin, Sheryl & Tomori, Cecilia & Bennett, Charles L.
- 163-159 Erratum to `Measuring appropriate use of acute beds: A systematic review of methods and results': [Health Policy 53 (2000) 157-184]
by McDonagh, Marian S. & Smith, David H. & Goddard, Maria
2000, Volume 54, Issue 1
- 1-11 Migration and mainstreaming: matching health services to immigrants' needs in Australia
by Kelaher, Margaret & Manderson, Lenore
- 13-25 Intervention times series analysis of pertussis vaccination in England and Wales
by Girard, Dorota Z.
- 27-43 Public purchasing and private priorities for healthcare in New Zealand
by Howden-Chapman, Philippa & Ashton, Toni
- 45-64 Mobile medics? The mobility of doctors in the European Economic Area
by Jinks, Clare & Ong, Bie Nio & Paton, Calum
2000, Volume 53, Issue 3
- 147-155 Health care in Hong Kong and mainland China: one country, two systems?
by Fitzner, Karen A. & Coughlin, Sheryl & Tomori, Cecilia & Bennett, Charles L.
- 157-184 Measuring appropriate use of acute beds: A systematic review of methods and results
by McDonagh, Marian S. & Smith, David H. & Goddard, Maria
- 185-199 Appraising the financial reform in Bulgarian public health care sector: the health insurance act of 1998
by Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim & van Merode, Frits
- 201-228 Safe motherhood interventions in low-income countries: an economic justification and evidence of cost effectiveness
by Jowett, Matthew
- 231-232 Index
- 233-232 Index
2000, Volume 53, Issue 2
- 73-89 Science in practice: can health care reform projects in central and eastern Europe be evaluated systematically?
by Grielen, Saskia J. & Boerma, Wienke G. W. & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 91-104 Creating a strategic management plan for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) provision
by Szczepura, Ala & Clark, Michael
- 105-121 Willingness to pay for mammography: item development and testing among five ethnic groups
by Wagner, Todd H. & Hu, Teh-wei & Duenas, Grace V. & Pasick, Rena J.
- 123-141 Deductibles in health insurance: can the actuarially fair premium reduction exceed the deductible?
by Bakker, Frank M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
2000, Volume 53, Issue 1
- 1-11 Targets as a tool in health policy: Part I: lessons learned
by van Herten, Loes M. & Gunning-Schepers, Louise J.
- 13-23 Targets as a tool in health policy. Part II: guidelines for application
by Van Herten, Loes M. & Gunning-Shepers, Louise J.
- 25-37 Service quality in public and private hospitals in urban Bangladesh: a comparative study
by Andaleeb, Syed Saad
- 39-59 Regulatory factors of medical care expenditures for older people in Japan -- analysis based on secondary medical care areas in Hokkaido
by Fujiwara, Yoshinori & Hoshi, Tanji & Shinkai, Shouji & Kita, Toru
- 61-67 Public spending on health care: how are different criteria related? a second opinion
by Jack, William
2000, Volume 52, Issue 3
- 149-156 Limiting access to allogeneic bone marrow transplantation in five European countries: what can we learn about implicit rationing?
by Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 157-169 Importing budget systems from other countries: what can we learn from the German drug budget and the British GP fundholding?
by Delnoij, Diana & Brenner, Gerhard
- 171-178 Evaluating the effect of new hospital specialties on GP prescription costs
by Simoens, Steven & Gordon, Colin & Scott, Anthony
- 179-192 The influence of economic evaluation studies on decision making.: A European survey
by Hoffmann, Christiane AU -
2000, Volume 52, Issue 2
- 73-85 The role of the primary care physician in the Israeli health care system as a `gatekeeper' -- the viewpoint of health care policy makers
by Tabenkin, H. & Gross, Revital
- 87-112 The determinants of the public-private mix in Canadian health care expenditures: 1975-1996
by Di Matteo, Livio
- 113-127 Decentralising the health sector: issues in Brazil
by Collins, Charles & Araujo, Jose & Barbosa, Jarbas
- 129-145 The cost of prescription medicines to patients
by Noyce, Peter R. & Huttin, Christine & Atella, Vicenzo & Brenner, Gerhard & Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M. & Hedvall, Maj-Britt & Mechtler, Reli
2000, Volume 52, Issue 1
- 1-13 All rights reserved, or can we just copy? Cost sharing arrangements and characteristics of health care systems
by Ros, Corina C. & Groenewegen, Peter P. & Delnoij, Diana M. J.
- 15-32 Maximum waiting time -- a threat to clinical freedom?: Implementation of a policy to reduce waiting times
by Hanning, Marianne & Spangberg, Ulrika Winblad
- 33-51 Gender and tuberculosis control: Perspectives on health seeking behaviour among men and women in Vietnam
by Johansson, E. & Long, N. H. & Diwan, V. K. & Winkvist, A.
- 53-70 On hypothetical bias and calibration in cost-benefit studies
by Liljas, Bengt & Blumenschein, Karen
2000, Volume 51, Issue 3
- 135-147 Diabetes nephropathy in the Netherlands: a cost effectiveness analysis of national clinical guidelines
by van Os, Nicole & Niessen, Louis W. & Bilo, Henk J. G. & Casparie, Anton F. & van Hout, Ben A.
- 149-162 A comparative analysis of generics markets in five European countries
by Garattini, Livio & Tediosi, Fabrizio
- 163-180 The response of providers to capitation payment: a case-study from Thailand
by Mills, Anne & Bennett, Sara & Siriwanarangsun, Porntep & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj
- 181-190 The hidden cost of clinical audit: a questionnaire study of NHS staff
by Lock, Peter & McElroy, Brendan & Mackenzie, Mhairi
2000, Volume 51, Issue 2
- 67-85 Health insurance markets and income inequality: findings from an international health policy survey
by Schoen, Cathy & Davis, Karen & DesRoches, Catherine & Donelan, Karen & Blendon, Robert
- 87-99 Health outcome measures used in cost-effectiveness studies: a review of original articles published between 1986 and 1996
by Anell, Anders & Norinder, Anna
- 101-107 The Swiss database on quality projects in medical institutions
by Schilling, Julian & Kapetanios, Epaminondas & Mayrhofer, Matthias & Faisst, Karin & Norrie, Moira & Haudenschild, Christoph
- 109-131 An update on Spain's health care system: is it time for managed competition?
by Rodriguez, Marisol & Scheffler, Richard M. & Agnew, Jonathan D.
2000, Volume 51, Issue 1
- 1-18 Direct and indirect costs of schizophrenia in community psychiatric services in Italy: The GISIES study
by Tarricone, Rosanna & Gerzeli, S. & Montanelli, R. & Frattura, Lucilla & Percudani, Mauro & Racagni, Giorgio
- 19-30 A qualitative study of the extent to which health gain matters when choosing between groups of patients
by Dolan, Paul & Cookson, Richard
- 31-47 Medicare's DRG-weights in a European environment: the Spanish experience
by Cots, Francesc & Elvira, David & Castells, Xavier & Dalmau, Eulalia
- 49-60 Leadership and the UK health service
by Goodwin, Neil
2000, Volume 50, Issue 3
- 155-170 Health reform for children: the Egyptian experience with school health insurance
by Nandakumar, A. K. & Reich, Michael R. & Chawla, Mukesh & Berman, Peter & Yip, Winnie
- 171-196 Equity in the financing of social security for health in Chile
by Bitran, Ricardo & Munoz, Juan & Aguad, Paulina & Navarrete, Mario & Ubilla, Gloria
- 197-218 Drug cost containment policies in Italy: are they really effective in the long-run?: The case of minimum reference price
by Atella, Vincenzo
- 219-240 The reorientation of market-oriented reforms in Swedish health-care
by Harrison, Michael I. & Calltorp, Johan
1999, Volume 50, Issue 1-2
- 1-22 Priority setting in health policy in Sweden and a comparison with Norway
by Calltorp, Johan
- 23-38 Rationing health care in France
by Lancry, Pierre-Jean & Sandier, Simone
- 39-53 Public opinion and rationing in the United Kingdom
by King, Derek & Maynard, Alan
- 55-70 Priorities in healthcare: a perspective from Spain
by Gaminde, Idoia
- 71-90 Priority-setting and rationing in German health care
by Busse, Reinhard
- 91-104 Priority setting in Austria
by Stepan, Adolf & Sommersguter-Reichmann, Margit
- 105-122 Choices in Dutch health care: mixing strategies and responsibilities
by van der Grinten, Tom E. D. & Kasdorp, Jan P.
- 123-142 Clarifying the scope of Italian NHS coverage. Is it feasible? Is it desirable?
by Fattore, Giovanni
- 143-153 Priority-setting in Finnish healthcare
by Rissanen, Pekka & Hakkinen, Unto
1999, Volume 49, Issue 3
- 137-147 Newly implemented health system reform in Israel: physicians' attitudes
by Wilf-Miron, Rachel & Rotstein, Zeev & Noy, Shlomo & Turjeman, Amram & Israeli, Avi
- 149-159 Integrated care: the impact of governmental behaviour on collaborative networks
by Mur-Veeman, Ingrid & van Raak, Arno & Paulus, Aggie
- 161-177 Analysis of the eligibility of published economic evaluations for transfer to a given health care system: Methodological approach and application to the French health care system
by Spath, Hans-Martin & Carrere, Marie-Odile & Fervers, Beatrice & Philip, Thierry
- 179-194 Economic studies and `technical' evaluation of telemedicine: the case of telemonitored polysomnography
by Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie & Lanoe, Jean-Louis & Philippe, Carole & Gagnadoux, Frederic & Rakotonanahary, Dominique & Fleury, Bernard
1999, Volume 49, Issue 1-2
- 5-11 Rationing health care: an exploration
by Maynard, Alan
- 13-26 Limits to rationality: economics, economists and priority setting
by Robinson, Ray
- 27-43 Medical care and public policy: the benefits and burdens of asking fundamental questions
by Marmor, Theodore R. & Boyum, David
- 45-61 Involving the public in rationing decisions. The experience of citizens juries
by Lenaghan, Jo
- 63-74 Public views on health care rationing: a group discussion study
by Cookson, Richard & Dolan, Paul
- 75-135 Citizens and rationing: analysis of a European survey
by Mossialos, Elias & King, Derek
1999, Volume 48, Issue 3
- 155-170 Cost-effectiveness analysis with defined budget: how to distribute resources for the prevention of cardiovascular disease?
by Lindholm, Lars & Hallgren, C. -G. & Boman, Kurt & Markgren, Kenth & Weinehall, Lars & Ogren, J. -E.
- 171-187 Supply, utilisation and outcome in hospital systems: an Anglo-Czech comparison
by Forster, Donald P. & Frost, Brian & Kamberska, Zuzana & Holub, Jiri
- 189-205 The effect of managed care on hospital staffing and technological diffusion
by Zhang, Nannan & Kohn, Linda & McGarrah, Robert & Anderson, Gerard
- 207-218 Can corporatization contribute to quality assurance and cost control in the German hospital sector?: A pilot project for stem cell transplantation
by Walshe, Ronald & Schmitz, Norbert & Diehl, Volker
1999, Volume 48, Issue 2
- 87-105 Inter-agency services in England and The Netherlands: A comparative study of integrated care development and delivery
by Hardy, Brian & Mur-Veemanu, Ingrid & Steenbergen, Marijke & Wistow, Gerald
- 107-117 An analysis of the effectiveness of Spanish primary health care teams
by Goni, Salome
- 119-134 Assessing the performance of NHS Hospital Trusts: the role of `hard' and `soft' information
by Goddard, Maria & Mannion, Russell & Smith, Peter C.
- 135-152 Improvement and renewal of healthcare processes: results of an empirical research project
by van der Bij, J. D. & Dijkstra, L. & de Vries, G. & Walburg, J.
1999, Volume 48, Issue 1
- 1-12 What has contributed to the change in life expectancy in Italy between 1980 and 1992?
by Ngongo, Kypa Ngoyi & Nante, Nicola & Chenet, Laurent & McKee, Martin
- 13-27 Productivity losses without absence: measurement validation and empirical evidence
by Brouwer, W. B. F. & Koopmanschap, M. A. & Rutten, F. F. H.
- 29-45 Association between health insurance and antibiotics prescribing in four counties in rural China
by Dong, Hengjin & Bogg, Lennart & Rehnberg, Clas & Diwan, Vinod
- 47-67 Towards a reinforced agency role of health insurers in Belgium and the Netherlands
by Schut, Frederik T. & van Doorslaer, Eddy K. A.
- 69-77 Is disease management relevant in Europe: some evidence from the United Kingdom
by Mason, Anne & Drummond, Michael & Towse, Adrian
1999, Volume 47, Issue 3
- 195-205 Impact of HIV/AIDS on the national economy of India
by Anand, K. & Pandav, C. S. & Nath, L. M.
- 207-223 Public spending on health care: how are different criteria related?
by Musgrove, Philip
- 225-239 The future of dental managed care in the US
by Shenkin, Jonathan
- 241-253 Identification and priority setting for health technology assessment in The Netherlands: actors and activities
by Oortwijn, Wija & Banta, David & Vondeling, Hindrik & Bouter, Lex
- 255-274 Assessment of biotechnology drugs: what are the issues?
by van Rijkom, Jeannette & Leufkens, Hubert & Crommelin, Daan & Rutten, Frans & Broekmans, Andre
1999, Volume 47, Issue 2
- 97-123 The contingent valuation method in health care
by Klose, Thomas
- 125-144 Pharmaceutical expenditure in Sweden
by Henriksson, Freddie & Hjortsberg, Catharina & Rehnberg, Clas
- 145-168 National health interview surveys in Europe: an overview
by Hupkens, Christianne L. H. & van den Berg, Jaap & van der Zee, Jouke
- 169-182 Regional disparities in health care supply in eleven European countries: does politics matter?
by Westert, Gert P. & Groenewegen, Peter P.
- 183-184 Letter to the Editor: Cost-benefit analysis of screening for Tay-Sachs disease among Ashkenazi and non-Ashkenazi Jews in Israel
by Shabat, Shay
- 185-187 Dilemmas in Community Mental Health Practice--Choice or Control, Rachel Perkins and Julie Repper, Radcliffe Medical Press, 1998, ISBN 85775-181-7
by Barrington, Ruth
- 188-189 Book Reviews
by Author, A. N.
1999, Volume 47, Issue 1
- 1-17 Private clinics for employees as a Dutch solution for waiting lists: economic and legal arguments
by Brouwer, Werner B. F. & Hermans, Herbert E. G. M.
- 19-36 Are market-oriented health insurance reforms possible in Latin America?: The cases of Argentina, Chile and Colombia
by Bertranou, Fabio M.
- 37-52 A framework for incorporating cost-effectiveness in evidence-based clinical practice guidelines
by Mason, James & Eccles, Martin & Freemantle, Nick & Drummond, Michael
- 53-67 Constraints on the retreat from a welfare-orientated approach to public health care in Malaysia
by Barraclough, Simon
- 69-83 Health sector reform and the interpretation of policy context
by Collins, Charles & Green, Andrew & Hunter, David
1999, Volume 46, Issue 3
- 165-177 Towards an integrated needs and outcome framework
by James, Marilyn
- 179-194 Profit, payment and pharmaceutical practices: perspectives from hospitals in Bangkok
by Pitaknetinan, Kitti & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Supachutikul, Anuwat & Bennett, Sara & Mills, Anne
- 195-216 Indonesian heath care and the economic crisis: is managed care the needed reform?
by Hotchkiss, David R. & Jacobalis, Samsi
- 217-238 Raising the quality of cost-utility analyses: lessons learnt and still to learn
by Gerard, Karen & Smoker, Irenie & Seymour, Janelle
- 239-254 The willingness of families caring for victims of stroke to pay for in-home respite care--results of a pilot study in Taiwan
by Chiu, Lian & Tang, Kwong-Yui & Shyu, Woei-Cherng & Chang, Ta-Pang
- 255-265 Does the UK National Health Service need a fourth hurdle for pharmaceutical reimbursement to encourage the more efficient prescribing of pharmaceuticals?
by Freemantle, Nick
1999, Volume 46, Issue 2
- 77-96 Contracting-out health care services: a conceptual framework
by Vining, Aidan R. & Globerman, Steven
- 97-103 The management and policy challenges of the globalisation effect of informatics and telemedicine
by Rigby, Michael
- 105-126 Regulation of health-related technologies in Germany
by Perleth, Matthias & Busse, Reinhard & Schwartz, Friedrich Wilhelm
- 127-141 The care and course of diabetes: differences according to level of education
by van der Meer, Joost B. W. & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 143-157 Research into the use of health economics in decision making in the United Kingdom--Phase II: Is health economics `for good or evil'?
by Duthie, Tessa & Trueman, Paul & Chancellor, Jeremy & Diez, Lara
1998, Volume 46, Issue 1
- 1-19 Health policy issues and applications for evidence-based medicine and clinical practice guidelines
by Lohr, Kathleen N. & Eleazer, Kristen & Mauskopf, Josephine
- 21-41 The new pharmaceutical policy in Italy
by Fattore, Giovanni & Jommi, Claudio
- 43-52 Neonatal mortality in the Czech Republic during the transition
by Koupilova, Ilona & McKee, Martin & Holcik, Jan
- 53-68 The role of outputs and outcomes in purchaser accountability: reflecting on New Zealand experiences
by Cumming, Jacqueline & Scott, Claudia D.
- 71-74 Book review
by Author, A. N.
1998, Volume 45, Issue 3
- 175-186 General practice care and patients' priorities in Europe: an international comparison
by Wensing, Michel & Mainz, Jan & Ferreira, Pedro & Hearnshaw, Hilary & Hjortdahl, Per & Olesen, Frede & Reis, Shmuel & Ribacke, Mats & Szecsenyi, Joachim & Grol, Richard
- 187-193 An experimental test of question framing in health state utility assessment
by Blumenschein, Karen & Johannesson, Magnus
- 195-208 Possible objectives and resulting entitlements of essential health care packages
by Soderlund, Neil
- 209-220 Syringe and needle exchange as HIV/AIDS prevention for injection drug users in Puerto Rico
by Robles, Rafaela R. & Colon, Hector M. & Matos, Tomas D. & Finlinson, H. Ann & Munoz, Aileen & Marrero, C. Amalia & Garcia, Myriam & Reyes, Juan C.
- 221-238 Self-referral in a gatekeeping system: patients' reasons for skipping the general-practitioner
by Kulu-Glasgow, Isik & Delnoij, Diana & de Bakker, Dinny
1998, Volume 45, Issue 2
- 81-97 Risks and benefits of private health care: exploring physicians' views on private health care in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
by Lonnroth, Knut & Thuong, Le Minh & Linh, Pham Duy & Diwan, Vinod
- 99-117 Evaluating the Israeli health care reform: strategy, challenges and lessons
by Gross, Revital & Rosen, Bruce & Chinitz, David
- 119-132 Skill mix changes: substitution or service development?
by Richardson, Gerald & Maynard, Alan & Cullum, Nicky & Kindig, David
- 133-147 Economic evaluation of screening for prostate cancer: a randomized population based programme during a 10-year period in Sweden
by Holmberg, Hakan & Carlsson, Per & Lofman, Owe & Varenhorst, Eberhard
- 149-167 Diffusion of laparoscopic technologies in Denmark
by Poulsen, Peter Bo & Adamsen, Sven & Vondeling, Hindrik & Jorgensen, Torben
1998, Volume 45, Issue 1
- 1-14 The demographic impact on ambulatory pharmaceutical expenditure in Belgium
by Van Tielen, Rudy & Peys, Frank & Genaert, Jean
- 15-32 Risk-adjusted capitation payments: Developing a diagnostic cost groups classification for the Dutch situation
by Lamers, Leida M.
- 33-45 The role of quality standards-accreditation in redressing asymmetry of information in health care markets
by O'Neill, Ciaran & Largey, Ann
- 47-56 Alcohol advice in primary health care--is it a wise use of resources?
by Lindholm, Lars