Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: Mia Defever
Editor: Irina Cleemput
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask the person in charge to update the entry or send us the correct address.
Series handle: repec:eee:hepoli
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2005, Volume 73, Issue 3
- 253-262 Using a population-based database to explore the inter-specialty differences in physician practice incomes in Taiwan
by Lin, Herng-Ching & Kao, Senyeong & Tang, Chao-Hsiun & Chang, Wen-Yin
- 263-271 Field based evidence of enhanced healthcare utilization among persons insured by micro health insurance units in Philippines
by Dror, David M. & Soriano, Elmer S. & Lorenzo, Marilyn E. & Sarol, Jesus Jr. & Azcuna, Rosebelle S. & Koren, Ruth
- 272-284 Is universal coverage a solution for disparities in health care?: Findings from three low-income provinces of Thailand
by Suraratdecha, Chutima & Saithanu, Somying & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj
- 285-293 Intersectoral problems in the Russian organisation of public health
by Axelsson, Runo & Bihari-Axelsson, Susanna
- 294-302 Message in a bottle: sinking in a sea of safe motherhood concepts
by Hussein, Julia & Clapham, Susan
- 303-315 The costs of interpersonal violence--an international review
by Waters, Hugh Richard & Hyder, Adnan Ali & Rajkotia, Yogesh & Basu, Suprotik & Butchart, Alexander
- 316-329 The decline in `free' general practitioner care in Australia: reasons and repercussions
by Hopkins, Sandra & Speed, Nathan
- 330-338 Reimbursement decisions in health policy--extending our understanding of the elements of decision-making
by Wirtz, Veronika & Cribb, Alan & Barber, Nick
- 339-351 Are the health Millennium Development Goals appropriate for Eastern Europe and Central Asia?
by Rechel, Bernd & Shapo, Laidon & McKee, Martin
2005, Volume 73, Issue 2
- 127-138 Health systems factors influencing maternal health services: a four-country comparison
by Parkhurst, Justin Oliver & Penn-Kekana, Loveday & Blaauw, Duane & Balabanova, Dina & Danishevski, Kirill & Rahman, Syed Azizur & Onama, Virgil & Ssengooba, Freddie
- 139-150 Evaluating the health benefits and cost-effectiveness of the radon remediation programme in domestic properties in Northamptonshire, UK
by Denman, Antony & Groves-Kirkby, Christopher & Coskeran, Thomas & Parkinson, Steven & Phillips, Paul & Tornberg, Roges
- 151-159 Partnership for the heart: German-Estonian health project for the treatment of congenital heart defects in Estonia
by Kohler, Friedrich & Schierbaum, Clausjurgen & Konertz, Wolfgang & Schneider, Martin & Kern, Hartmut & Int, Eve & Tael, Kristi & Siigur, Urmas & Kleinfeld, Klaus & Buhlmeyer, Konrad & Fotuhi, Parwis & Winter, Stefan Frank
- 160-171 Payment mechanisms and prescriptions in four Thai hospitals
by Bryant, John & Prohmmo, Aree
- 172-182 Caring externalities in health economic evaluation: how are they related to severity of illness?
by Jacobsson, Fredric & Carstensen, John & Borgquist, Lars
- 183-193 Health care resource allocation and individuals' health care needs: examining the degree of fit
by Litaker, David & Love, Thomas Ezra
- 194-201 Use of cervical cancer screening among insured women: the extent of missed opportunities
by Chattopadhyay, Sajal K. & Ebrahim, Shahul H. & Tao, Guoyu & McKenna, Matthew T.
- 202-211 Hospital cost of ischemic stroke and intracerebral hemorrhage in Japanese stroke centers
by Yoneda, Yukihiro & Okuda, Satoshi & Hamada, Rikuzo & Toyota, Akihiro & Gotoh, Jun & Watanabe, Manabu & Okada, Yasushi & Ikeda, Kiyonobu & Ibayashi, Setsuro & Hasegawa, Yasuhiro
- 212-227 Decentralisation and TB control in Nepal: understanding the views of TB control staff
by Newell, James Nicholas & Collins, Charles D & Baral, Sushil C & Omar, Maye A & Pande, Shanta B
- 228-234 Evaluating daily nursing use and needs in the intensive care unit: a method to assess the rate and appropriateness of ICU resource use
by Iapichino, G. & Radrizzani, D. & Pezzi, A. & Assi, E. & Mauro, P. Di & Mistraletti, G. & Porta, F.
2005, Volume 73, Issue 1
- 1-9 The prevalence of smoking among pregnant and postpartum women in Israel: a national survey and review
by Fisher, Nirah & Amitai, Yona & Haringman, Miri & Meiraz, Hana & Baram, Nira & Leventhal, Alex
- 10-20 Hospital priority setting with an appeals process: a qualitative case study and evaluation
by Madden, Shannon & Martin, Douglas K. & Downey, Sarah & Singer, Peter A.
- 21-40 Patient incompetence and substitute decision-making: an analysis of the role of the health care professional in Dutch law
by Welie, Sander P.K. & Dute, Joseph & Nys, Herman & van Wijmen, Frans C.B.
- 41-51 Theory and practice of waiting time data as a performance indicator in health care: A case study from The Netherlands
by Stoop, Arjen P. & Vrangbaek, Karsten & Berg, Marc
- 52-57 Actual and estimated costs of disposable materials used during surgical procedures
by Toyabe, Shin-ichi & Cao, Pengyu & Kurashima, Sachiko & Nakayama, Yukiko & Ishii, Yuko & Hosoyama, Noriko & Akazawa, Kouhei
- 58-65 Physicians and the prescription of hormone replacement therapy in Spain
by Bermejo, Maria Jose & Perez, Isabel Ruiz
- 66-77 An analysis of job satisfaction among physician assistants in Taiwan
by Liu, Chi-Ming & Chien, Ching-Wen & Chou, Pesus & Liu, Jorn-Hon & Chen, Victor Tze-Kai & Wei, Jeng & Kuo, Ying-Yu & Lang, Hui-Chu
- 78-91 Criteria and procedures for determining benefit packages in health care: A comparative perspective
by Gre[ss], Stefan & Niebuhr, Dea & Rothgang, Heinz & Wasem, Jurgen
- 92-103 Ear to the ground: listening to farm dwellers talk about the experience of becoming lay health workers
by Daniels, Karen & Van Zyl H, Hendrien & Clarke, Marina & Dick, Judy & Johansson, Eva
- 104-123 The management for tuberculosis control in Greater London in comparison with that in Osaka City: lessons for improvement of TB control management in Osaka City urban setting
by Ohkado, Akihiro & Williams, Gini & Ishikawa, Nobukatsu & Shimouchi, Akira & Simon, Carter
2005, Volume 72, Issue 3
- 261-264 Globalisation, health policy and the exercise of power--a second opinion on Gilbert and Gilbert (2004)
by Thomas, Steve & Thiede, Michael
- 265-278 Public opinion on alcohol service at licensed premises: a population survey in Stockholm, Sweden 1999-2000
by Wallin, Eva & Andreasson, Sven
- 279-291 SARS in Singapore: surveillance strategies in a globalising city
by Teo, Peggy & Yeoh, Brenda S.A. & Ong, Shir Nee
- 293-300 The effects of patient cost sharing on ambulatory utilization in South Korea
by Kim, Jiyun & Ko, Sukyoung & Yang, Bongmin
- 301-310 Heterogeneities in the production of health: smoking, health status and place
by Birch, Stephen & Jerrett, Michael & Wilson, Kathi & Law, Michael & Elliott, Susan & Eyles, John
- 311-320 The global-local dilemma of a Ministry of Health: Experiences from Uganda
by Jeppsson, Anders & Birungi, Harriet & Ostergren, Per-Olof & Hagstrom, Bo
- 321-332 Provider type and depression treatment adequacy
by Kniesner, Thomas J. & Powers, Regina H. & Croghan, Thomas W.
- 333-349 The relevance and prospects of advancing tobacco control in Indonesia
by Achadi, Anhari & Soerojo, Widyastuti & Barber, Sarah
- 351-358 Voluntary or compulsory health care reform?: The case of primary care organisations in Scotland
by Simoens, Steven & Scott, Anthony
- 359-366 Administrative and financial responsibilities for sheltered housing for mentally ill and handicapped persons in Germany and its impact on housing supply
by Bramesfeld, Anke & Holler, Gerhard
- 367-379 Medical savings accounts and the Canada health act: complimentary or contradictory
by Byrne, Joseph M. & Rathwell, Thomas
2005, Volume 72, Issue 2
- 129-139 The politics of childbirth in the context of conflict: policies or de facto practices?
by Giacaman, Rita & Wick, Laura & Abdul-Rahim, Hanan & Wick, Livia
- 141-148 Cancer treatment at home or in the hospital: what are the costs for French public health insurance?: Findings of a comprehensive-cancer centre
by Raphael, Remonnay & Yves, Devaux & Giselle, Chvetzoff & Magali, Morelle & Odile, Carrere Marie
- 149-156 Inequality in willingness-to-pay for community-based health insurance
by Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Cairns, John & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 157-164 Improvement in maternal health literacy among pregnant women who did not complete compulsory education: policy implications for community care services
by Ohnishi, Mayumi & Nakamura, Keiko & Takano, Takehito
- 165-173 The integration of medical specialists in hospitals. Dutch hospitals and medical specialists on the road to joint regulation
by Scholten, Gerard R.M. & Grinten, TED van der
- 175-185 Living donor liver transplantation: the historical and cultural basis of policy decisions and ongoing ethical questions
by Northup, Patrick Grant & Berg, Carl Lansing
- 187-200 Equity in utilization of cancer inpatient services by income classes
by Kim, Chul-Woung & Lee, Sang-Yi & Hong, Seong-Chul
- 201-215 Tackling excessive waiting times for elective surgery: a comparative analysis of policies in 12 OECD countries
by Siciliani, Luigi & Hurst, Jeremy
- 217-232 Researching income and income distribution as determinants of health in Canada: gaps between theoretical knowledge, research practice, and policy implementation
by Raphael, Dennis & Macdonald, Jennifer & Colman, Ronald & Labonte, Ronald & Hayward, Karen & Torgerson, Renee
- 233-243 Primary care teams: New Zealand's experience with community-governed non-profit primary care
by Crampton, Peter & Davis, Peter & Lay-Yee, Roy
- 245-252 Do online pharmacies fit European internal markets?
by Makinen, Mia Maria & Rautava, Paivi Tuire & Forsstrom, Jari Johannes
2005, Volume 72, Issue 1
- 1-8 Diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis at basic health care facilities in rural Vietnam: a survey of knowledge and reported practices among health staff
by Hoa, Nguyen Phuong & Diwan, Vinod Kumar & Thorson, Anna Eva-Karin
- 9-23 Reducing health disparities through primary care reform: the New Zealand experiment
by Hefford, Martin & Crampton, Peter & Foley, Jon
- 25-40 Rural perspectives on HIV/AIDS prevention: a comparative study of Thailand and Ghana
by Aheto, Denis Worlanyo & Gbesemete, Kwame Prosper
- 41-52 Private and public cross-subsidization: financing Beijing's health-insurance reform
by Wu, Ming & Xin, Ying & Wang, Huihui & Yu, Wei
- 53-63 Pharmaceutical policy in Italy: towards a structural change?
by Ghislandi, Simone & Krulichova, Iva & Garattini, Livio
- 65-71 Does hospital discharge policy influence sick-leave patterns in the case of female breast cancer?
by Lindqvist, Rikard & Stenbeck, Magnus & Diderichsen, Finn
- 73-80 Gender-related differences in general practice preferences: longitudinal evidence from the Netherlands 1982-2001
by Mayorova, Tanja & Stevens, Fred & Scherpbier, Albert & Velden, Lud van der & Zee, Jouke van der
- 81-91 The decision-making process of health care utilization in Mexico
by Brown, Cynthia J. & Pagan, Jose A. & Rodriguez-Oreggia, Eduardo
- 93-104 What lessons can de drawn from tuberculosis (TB) Control in China in the 1990s?: An analysis from a health system perspective
by Tang, Shenglan & Squire, Stephen Bertel
- 105-117 Findings from a survey on GIS use in the UK National Health Service: organisational challenges and opportunities
by Higgs, Gary & Smith, Darren P. & Gould, Myles I.
- 119-124 Seroepidemiology of varicella-zoster virus infection in a cosmopolitan city (Erzurum) in the eastern Turkey
by Alp, Handan & Altinkaynak, Sevin & Ertekin, Vildan & Kilicaslan, Buket & Giiraksin, Asuman
2005, Volume 71, Issue 3
- 271-287 The private demand for an AIDS vaccine in Thailand
by Suraratdecha, Chutima & Ainsworth, Martha & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Whittington, Dale
- 289-301 Evaluating and planning ICUs: methods and approaches to differentiate between need and demand
by Wild, Claudia & Narath, Markus
- 303-313 Measuring health status: information for primary care decision making
by Kind, Paul & Hardman, Geoff & Leese, Brenda
- 315-331 A review and comparison of classification algorithms for medical decision making
by Harper, Paul R.
- 333-346 Supervision in social health insurance: a four country study
by Maarse, Hans & Paulus, Aggie & Kuiper, Gerard
- 347-357 Creating conditions for greater private sector participation in achieving contraceptive security
by Sharma, Suneeta & Dayaratna, Varuni
- 359-373 A comparison of patient characteristics and rehabilitation treatment content of chronic low back pain (CLBP) and stroke patients across six European countries
by Engbers, L. H. & Vollenbroek-Hutten, M. M. R. & van Harten, W. H.
- 375-382 Public health care under pressure in sub-Saharan Africa
by Streefland, Pieter
- 383-397 Socio-economic and geographic differentials in costs and payment strategies for primary healthcare services in Southeast Nigeria
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Uzochukwu, Benjamin
2005, Volume 71, Issue 2
- 133-149 Regulatory control of Chinese Proprietary Medicines in Singapore
by Yee, Shen-Kuan & Chu, Swee-Seng & Xu, Yi-Min & Choo, Peck-Lin
- 151-159 Evaluating the comparability of different grouping schemes for mortality and morbidity
by Lu, Tsung-Hsueh & Jen, Ian & Chou, Yiing-Jenq & Chang, Hong-Jen
- 161-180 A systems approach to malaria control: an institutional perspective
by Temel, Tugrul
- 181-193 Drug coverage in Canada: who is at risk?
by Kapur, Vishnu & Basu, Kisalaya
- 195-204 Efficiency measurement of hemodialysis units in Greece with data envelopment analysis
by Kontodimopoulos, Nick & Niakas, Dimitris
- 205-212 Role of clinical, patient-reported outcome and medico-economic studies in the public hospital drug formulary decision-making process: results of a European survey
by Hasle-Pham, Elodie & Arnould, Benoit & Spath, Hans-Martin & Follet, Alain & Duru, Gerard & Marquis, Patrick
- 213-222 Tobacco consumption patterns and its health implications in India
by John, Rijo M.
- 223-232 Patient safety -- how much is enough?
by Warburton, Rebecca Nunn
- 233-241 A lay prescription for tailor-made drugs--focus group reflections on pharmacogenomics
by Almarsdottir, Anna Birna & Bjornsdottir, Ingunn & Traulsen, Janine Morgall
- 243-253 Facilitators and barriers in the implementation of the meeting centres model for people with dementia and their carers
by Meiland, Franka J.M. & Droes, Rose-Marie & Lange, Jacomine de & Vernooij-Dassen, Myrra J.F.J.
- 255-264 The relationship between HAART use and employment for HIV-positive individuals: an empirical analysis and policy outlook
by Bernell, Stephanie Lazarus & Shinogle, Judith Ann
- 265-264 Erratum to "Auto Action Learning: a tool for policy change building capacity across the developing regional system to improve health in the North East of England" [Health Policy 68 (2004) 169-181]
by Learmonth, Alyson & Pedler, Mike
2005, Volume 71, Issue 1
- 1-21 Healthcare reform implementation: stakeholders and their roles--the Israeli experience
by Horev, Tuvia & Babad, Yair M.
- 23-42 The macro determinants of health expenditure in the United States and Canada: assessing the impact of income, age distribution and time
by Di Matteo, Livio
- 43-56 A cost-effectiveness analysis of domestic radon remediation in four primary care trusts located in Northamptonshire, UK
by Coskeran, Thomas & Denman, Antony & Phillips, Paul & Tornberg, Roger
- 57-65 The consistency of panelists' appropriateness ratings: do experts produce clinically logical scores for rectal cancer treatment?
by Hodgson, David C. & Brierley, James D. & Cernat, Geta & Bondy, Susan & Slaughter, Pamela M. & Pinfold, S. Patricia & Paszat, Lawrence F.
- 67-81 Health care seeking behaviour and utilisation of traditional healers in Kalabo, Zambia
by Stekelenburg, Jelle & Jager, Bastiaan E. & Kolk, Pascal R. & Westen, Esther H. M. N. & Kwaak, Anke van der & Wolffers, Ivan N.
- 83-96 Why neoliberal health reforms have failed in Latin America
by Homedes, Nuria & Ugalde, Antonio
- 97-106 Postpolio syndrome: a challenge to the health-care system
by Bouza, Carmen & Munoz, Ana & Amate, Jose Maria
- 107-115 Quality based social insurance coverage and payment of the application of a high cost medical therapy: the case of spinal cord stimulation for chronic non-oncologic pain in The Netherlands
by Beersen, Nicoline & Redekop, W. Ken & de Bruijn, J.H. Bart & Theuvenet, Peter J. & Berg, Marc & Klazinga, Niek S.
- 117-125 "Interaction" and research utilisation in health policies and programs: does it work?
by Kothari, Anita & Birch, Stephen & Charles, Cathy
- 127-125 Corrigendum to "Culturally and linguistically appropriate health care for racial or ethnic minorities: analysis of the US Office of Minority Health's recommended standards" [Health Policy 62 (2002) 211-221]
by Shaw-Taylor, Yoku
2004, Volume 70, Issue 3
- 261-270 Using burden of disease/cost-effectiveness as an instrument for district health planning: experiences from Uganda
by Jeppsson, Anders & Okuonzi, Sam Agatre & Ostergren, Per-Olof & Hagstrom, Bo
- 271-279 Resource allocation equity in northeastern Mexico
by Rocha, Georgina Mayela Nunez & Martinez, Ana Maria Salinas & Rios, Enrique Villarreal & Elizondo, Ma. Eugenia Garza
- 281-290 Consumer involvement in decisions about what health-related research is funded
by O'Donnell, Maire & Entwistle, Vikki
- 291-301 Ulysses directives in The Netherlands: opinions of psychiatrists and clients
by Varekamp, I.
- 303-325 Primary health care in practice: is it effective?
by Lewis, Maureen & Eskeland, Gunnar & Traa-Valerezo, Ximena
- 327-345 Global public health mandates in a diverse world: the polio eradication initiative and the expanded programme on immunization in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia
by Bonu, Sekhar & Rani, Manju & Razum, Oliver
2004, Volume 70, Issue 2
- 137-149 Can the value choices in DALYs influence global priority-setting?
by Arnesen, Trude & Kapiriri, Lydia
- 151-162 Female genital mutilation, asylum seekers and refugees: the need for an integrated European Union agenda
by Powell, Richard A. & Leye, Els & Jayakody, Amanda & Mwangi-Powell, Faith N. & Morison, Linda
- 163-174 Ability to pay for maternal health services: what will it take to meet who standards?
by Prata, Ndola & Greig, Fiona & Walsh, Julia & West, Anna
- 175-184 Pricing health services for purchasers--a review of methods and experiences
by Waters, Hugh R. & Hussey, Peter
- 185-195 Application of a single sampling plan for auditing medical-claim payments made by Taiwan National Health Insurance
by Fu, Hwai-Hui & Tsai, Hsien-Tang & Lin, Ching-Wei & Wei, Duan
- 197-206 Utilization of maternal care in rural HeBei Province, the People's Republic of China: individual and structural characteristics
by Anson, Ofra
- 207-216 Willingness to pay for avoiding coronary restenosis and repeat revascularization: results from a contingent valuation study
by Greenberg, Dan & Bakhai, Ameet & Neumann, Peter J. & Cohen, David J.
- 217-228 Willingness to pay for public health care: a comparison of two approaches
by Olsen, Jan Abel & Kidholm, Kristian & Donaldson, Cam & Shackley, Phil
- 229-241 The role of research in a technical assistance agency: the case of the `German Agency for Technical Co-operation'
by Horchler, S. & Gerhardus, A. & Schmidt-Ehry, G. & Schmidt-Ehry, B. & Korte, R. & Mitra, S. K. & Sauerborn, R.
- 243-254 Restaurant owner perceptions of the effects of a smoking ban
by Hammar, Henrik
- 255-256 The significance of the Cancun (non)outcome for the health sector
by Singh, Alaka & Stilwell, Barbara
2004, Volume 70, Issue 1
- 1-10 "Brain drain" of health professionals: from rhetoric to responsible action
by Martineau, Tim & Decker, Karola & Bundred, Peter
- 11-22 Making sense of social capital, health and policy
by Shortt, S. E. D.
- 23-32 Delivering generics without regulatory incentives?: Empirical evidence from French general practitioners about willingness to prescribe international non-proprietary names
by Paraponaris, A. & Verger, P. & Desquins, B. & Villani, P. & Bouvenot, G. & Rochaix, L. & Gourheux, J. C. & Moatti, J. P. AU -
- 33-48 Decision makers' views on health care objectives and budget constraints: results from a pilot study
by Al, Maiwenn J. & Feenstra, Talitha & Brouwer, Werner B. F.
- 49-66 Medical savings accounts in a universal system: wishful thinking meets evidence
by Deber, Raisa B. & Forget, Evelyn L. & Roos, Leslie L.
- 67-83 Household tobacco and alcohol use, and child health: an exploratory study from India
by Bonu, Sekhar & Rani, Manju & Jha, Prabhat & Peters, David H. & Nguyen, Son Nam
- 85-96 Cost-benefit analysis of Helicobacter pylori screening
by Leivo, T. & Salomaa, A. & Kosunen, T. U. & Tuominen, R. & Farkkila, M. & Linna, M. & Sintonen, H.
- 97-108 Can community health insurance schemes shield the poor against the downside health effects of economic reforms? The case of rural ethiopia
by Asfaw, Abay & Braun, Joachim von
- 109-123 Out-of-pocket and informal payments in health sector: evidence from Georgia
by Belli, Paolo & Gotsadze, George & Shahriari, Helen
- 125-131 Towards improving the co-ordination of supportive cancer care services in the community
by Brazil, Kevin & Whelan, Tim & O'Brien, Mary Ann & Sussman, Jonathan & Pyette, Nancy & Bainbridge, Daryl
2004, Volume 69, Issue 3
- 273-281 Determinants of caesarean section in Egypt: evidence from the demographic and health survey
by Khawaja, Marwan & Kabakian-Khasholian, Tamar & Jurdi, Rozzet
- 283-291 Opposition to unpopular research results: Finnish professional reactions to the WHI findings
by Hemminki, Elina
- 293-303 Estimation of the impact of providing outpatients with information about SARS infection control on their intention of outpatient visit
by Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Imanaka, Yuichi & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi & Kizu, Minoru & Inoue, Akihiro & Sugie, Susumu
- 305-315 Economic benefit from clinical practice guideline compliance in stroke patient management
by Quaglini, Silvana & Cavallini, Anna & Gerzeli, Simone & Micieli, Giuseppe AU -
- 317-327 Trading patients: Lessons from Scandinavia
by Botten, Grete & Grepperud, Sverre & Nerland, Solve Mikal
- 329-337 China's evolving health care market: how doctors feel and what they think
by Lim, Meng-Kin & Yang, Hui & Zhang, Tuohong & Zhou, Zijun & Feng, Wen & Chen, Yude
- 339-349 Measuring financial protection in health in the United States
by Waters, Hugh R. & Anderson, Gerard F. & Mays, Jim
- 351-364 Women, men and public health--how the choice of normative theory affects resource allocation
by Mansdotter, Anna & Lindholm, Lars & Ohman, Ann
- 365-373 Implementation of the project `Support and Consultation on Euthanasia in The Netherlands' (SCEN)
by Jansen-van der Weide, Marijke Catharina & Onwuteaka-Philipsen, Bregje Dorien & van der Wal, Gerrit
- 375-388 Gender and the utilisation of health services in the Ashanti Region, Ghana
by Buor, Daniel
- 389-401 A study of malaria care provider choice in Ghana
by Dzator, Janet & Asafu-Adjaye, John
- 403-408 Impact of the European Union enlargement on health professionals and health care systems
by Avgerinos, Efthimios D. & Koupidis, Sotirios A. & Filippou, Dimitrios K.
2004, Volume 69, Issue 2
- 135-137 U.S. health policy: time for action on the uninsured
by Davis, Karen & Collins, Sara R.
- 139-149 Perceptions and experiences of health care seeking and access to TB care--a qualitative study in Rural Jiangsu Province, China
by Xu, B. & Fochsen, G. & Xiu, Y. & Thorson, A. & Kemp, J. R. & Jiang, Q. W.
- 151-157 The cerivastatin withdrawal crisis: a "post-mortem" analysis
by Maggini, Marina & Raschetti, Roberto & Traversa, Giuseppe & Bianchi, Clara & Caffari, Bruno & Da Cas, Roberto & Panei, Pietro
- 159-167 The association of race and ethnicity with rates of drug and alcohol testing among US trauma patients
by Kon, Alexander A. & Pretzlaff, Robert K. & Marcin, James P.
- 169-178 Improving health care for adult survivors of childhood cancer: recommendations from a delphi panel of health policy experts
by Mertens, Ann C. & Cotter, Kelly L. & Foster, Barbara M. & Zebrack, Brad J. & Hudson, Melissa M. & Eshelman, Debra & Loftis, Lauren & Sozio, Margaret & Oeffinger, Kevin C.
- 179-187 Association of hospital resource use with comorbidity status and patient age among hip fracture patients in Japan
by Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Imanaka, Yuichi & Oh, Eunhwan & Kuwabara, Kazuaki & Hirose, Masahiro & Hayashida, Kenshi & Harada, Yoshiaki
- 189-200 Estimating resource needs for HIV/AIDS health care services in low-income and middle-income countries
by Bertozzi, Stefano & Gutierrez, Juan-Pablo & Opuni, Marjorie & Walker, Neff & Schwartlander, Bernhard
- 201-213 Introducing co-ordinated care (1): a randomised trial assessing client and cost outcomes
by Segal, Leonie & Dunt, David & Day, Susan E. & Day, Neil Atherton & Robertson, Iain & Hawthorne, Graeme
- 215-228 Introducing coordinated care (2): evaluation of design features and implementation processes implications for a preferred health system reform model
by Segal, Leonie & Dunt, David & Day, Susan E.
- 229-238 Consumer involvement in research projects: the activities of research funders
by O'Donnell, Maire & Entwistle, Vikki
- 239-252 Drivers of cost system development in hospitals: results of a survey
by Cardinaels, Eddy & Roodhooft, Filip & Herck, Gustaaf van
- 253-268 A consumer involvement model for health technology assessment in Canada
by Pivik, Jayne & Rode, Elisabeth & Ward, Christopher
2004, Volume 69, Issue 1
- 1-10 Setting priorities for research
by Fleurence, Rachael L. & Torgerson, David J.
- 11-19 Association of hospital ownership with patient transfers to outpatient care under a prospective payment system in Taiwan
by Lin, Herng-Ching & Xirasagar, Sudha & Kao, Senyeong
- 21-31 Contracting for health services in a public health system: the New Zealand experience
by Ashton, Toni & Cumming, Jacqueline & McLean, Janet
- 33-43 Networks for integrated care provision: an economic approach based on opportunism and trust
by Meijboom, Bert & de Haan, Job & Verheyen, Piet
- 45-53 The feasibility of community-based health insurance in Burkina Faso
by Dong, Hengjin & Mugisha, Frederick & Gbangou, Adjima & Kouyate, Bocar & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 55-72 Technical efficiency in the use of health care resources: a comparison of OECD countries
by Retzlaff-Roberts, Donna & Chang, Cyril F. & Rubin, Rose M.
- 73-82 The relative importance of leadership and payment system: Effects on quality of care and work environment
by Forsberg, Ewa & Axelsson, Runo & Arnetz, Bengt
- 83-92 Shifting the burden of health care finance: a case study of public-private partnership in Singapore
by Lim, Meng-Kin
- 93-100 Describing Chinese hospital activity with diagnosis related groups (DRGs): A case study in Chengdu
by Gong, Zhiping & Duckett, Stephen J. & Legge, David G. & Pei, Likun
- 101-116 The healthcare experiences of Arab Israeli women in a reformed healthcare system
by Elnekave, Eldad & Gross, Revital
- 117-130 Pakistan's maternal and child health policy: analysis, lessons and the way forward
by Siddiqi, S. & Haq, I. U. & Ghaffar, A. & Akhtar, T. & Mahaini, R.
2004, Volume 68, Issue 3
- 263-266 The 2-week rule for patients with suspected breast cancer: what can be learnt by analysing policy documents?
by Cornford, Charles S. & Oswald, Nigel
- 267-275 Lessons from Korea's pharmaceutical policy reform: the separation of medical institutions and pharmacies for outpatient care
by Kim, Han Joong & Chung, Woojin & Lee, Sang Gyu
- 277-287 Changes in drug utilization following the outpatient prescription drug cost-sharing program--evidence from Taiwan's elderly
by Liu, Shuen-Zen & Romeis, James C.
- 289-298 Comparing willingness-to-pay: bidding game format versus open-ended and payment scale formats
by Frew, Emma J. & Wolstenholme, Jane L. & Whynes, David K.
- 299-307 Seniors' prescription drug cost inflation and cost containment: evidence from British Columbia
by Morgan, Steven G. & Agnew, Jonathan D. & Barer, Morris L.
- 309-320 The desire for support and respite care: preferences of Dutch informal caregivers
by Koopmanschap, M. A. & van Exel, N. J. A. & van den Bos, G. A. M. & van den Berg, B. & Brouwer, W. B. F.
- 321-332 Public policy and smoking cessation among young adults in the United States
by Tauras, John A.
- 333-344 A large proportion of Swedish citizens refrain from seeking medical care--lack of confidence in the medical services a plausible explanation?
by Westin, Marcus & Ahs, Annika & Brand Persson, Kristina & Westerling, Ragnar
- 345-352 The predictability of individual primary care costs and its impact on managed care plans
by Demers, Marie
- 353-357 Impact of national health care systems on patient evaluations of general practice in Europe
by Wensing, Michel & Baker, Richard & Szecsenyi, Joachim & Grol, Richard AU -
- 359-372 Managing under managed community care: the experiences of clients, providers and managers in Ontario's competitive home care sector
by Abelson, Julia & Gold, Sara Tedford & Woodward, Christel & O'Connor, Denise & Hutchison, Brian
- 373-384 Reserved procedures in dutch hospitals: knowledge, experiences and views of physicians and nurses
by de Bie, J. & Cuperus-Bosma, J. M. & Gevers, J. K. M. & van der Wal, G.
- 385-384 Erratum to "Gender's effect on willingness-to-pay for community-based insurance in Burkina Faso" [Health Policy 64 (2003) 153-162]
by Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Snow, Rachel & Mugisha, Frederick & Sauerborn, Rainer
2004, Volume 68, Issue 2
- 129-142 Universal health care for Colombians 10 years after Law 100: challenges and opportunities
by Rosa, Rodriguez-Monguio & Alberto, Infante Campos
- 143-158 A consumer-based tool for evaluating the quality of health services in the Israeli health care system following reform
by Gross, Revital
- 159-168 Relationship between hospital structural level and length of stay outliers: Implications for hospital payment systems
by Cots, Francesc & Mercade, Lluc & Castells, Xavier & Salvador, Xavier
- 169-181 Auto Action Learning: a tool for policy change: Building capacity across the developing regional system to improve health in the North East of England
by Learmonth, Alyson & Pedler, Mike
- 183-196 Day surgery and hospital efficiency: empirical analysis of Norwegian hospitals, 1999-2001
by Martinussen, Pal E. & Midttun, Linda
- 197-209 The impact of urban health insurance reform on hospital charges: a case study from two cities in China
by Meng, Qingyue & Rehnberg, Clas & Zhuang, Ning & Bian, Ying & Tomson, Goran & Tang, Shenglan
- 211-222 Spatial pattern of private health care provision in Ujjain, India: a provider survey processed and analysed with a Geographical Information System
by Deshpande, Kirti & RaviShankar & Diwan, Vishal & Lonnroth, Knut & Mahadik, Vijay Kumar & Chandorkar, Ram Krishna
- 223-232 Trends in geographic disparities in allocation of health care resources in the US
by Horev, Tuvia & Pesis-Katz, Irena & Mukamel, Dana B.
- 233-244 Increased excess deaths in urban areas: quantification of geographical variation in mortality in Japan, 1973-1998
by Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Nakamura, Keiko & Takano, Takehito
- 245-255 Population-based health indexes: a systematic review
by Kaltenthaler, Eva & Maheswaran, Ravi & Beverley, Catherine
2004, Volume 68, Issue 1
- 1-15 From Corporate Governance To Hospital Governance.: Authority, transparency and accountability of Belgian non-profit hospitals' board and management
by Eeckloo, Kristof & Van Herck, Gustaaf & Van Hulle, Cynthia & Vleugels, Arthur
- 17-30 Universal health coverage in Thailand: ideas for reform and policy struggling
by Pannarunothai, Supasit & Patmasiriwat, Direk & Srithamrongsawat, Samrit
- 31-36 A note on a discussion group study of public preferences regarding priorities in the allocation of donor kidneys
by Dolan, Paul & Shaw, Rebecca
- 37-46 Equality or equity in health care access: a qualitative study of doctors' explanations to a longer doctor's delay among female TB patients in Vietnam
by Thorson, A. & Johansson, E.
- 47-54 The effect of generic competition on the price of brand-name drugs
by Lexchin, Joel
- 55-61 Experiences of foreign European nurses in The Netherlands
by de Veer, Anke & den Ouden, Dirk-Jan & Francke, Anneke
- 63-79 The welfare state as a determinant of women's health: support for women's quality of life in Canada and four comparison nations
by Raphael, Dennis & Bryant, Toba
- 81-92 Adoption of innovations by specialised nurses: personal, work and organisational characteristics
by van der Weide, Marian & Smits, Jeroen
- 93-102 Malaria incidence in rural Benin: does economics matter in endemic area?
by Mensah, Omer A. & Kumaranayake, Lilani
- 103-112 Health sector policy in the first decade of Nepal's multiparty democracy: Does clear enunciation of health priorities matter?
by Adhikari, Shiva Raj & Maskay, Nephil Matangi
- 113-121 The Pharmacy-based Cost Group model: validating and adjusting the classification of medications for chronic conditions to the Dutch situation
by Lamers, Leida M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A.
2004, Volume 67, Issue 3
- 241-244 1978: A good year, but a vintage past its best
by Rhodes, Grant
- 245-255 Globalisation and local power: influences on health matters in South Africa
by Gilbert, Tal & Gilbert, Leah
- 257-264 Use of deceptive tactics in physician practices: are there differences between international and US medical graduates?
by Lee, Shoou-Yih D. & Dow, William H. & Wang, Virginia & VanGeest, Jonathan B.
- 265-269 Prevalence of anti-HAV and anti-HEV antibodies in Konya, Turkey
by Atabek, M. Emre & Fyndyk, Duygu & Gulyuz, Abdulgani & Erkul, Ibrahim
- 271-280 Equity in resource allocation in the Irish health service: A policy Delphi study
by O'Loughlin, Rosalyn & Kelly, Alan
- 281-291 Financing and planning of public and private not-for-profit hospitals in the European Union
by Thompson, Ceri R. & McKee, Martin
- 293-307 Comparing systems for costing hospital treatments: The case of stable angina pectoris
by Larsen, Jytte & Skjoldborg, Ulla Slothuus
- 309-322 Inequities in access to medical care in five countries: findings from the 2001 Commonwealth Fund International Health Policy Survey
by Schoen, Cathy & Doty, Michelle M.
- 323-328 MMR mass vaccination campaigns, vaccine-related adverse events, and the limits of the decision making process, in Brazil
by Cunha, Sergio C. & Dourado, Ines
- 329-343 Changing health in China: re-evaluating the epidemiological transition model
by Cook, Ian G. & Dummer, Trevor J. B.
2004, Volume 67, Issue 2
- 119-127 Improving health security: a pilot study from Finland linking disability and health expenditures
by Vohlonen, Ilkka & Ihalainen, Risto & Saltman, Richard B. & Karhunen, Taru & Palmunen, Juha & Kinnunen, Juha