Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: Mia Defever
Editor: Irina Cleemput
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask the person in charge to update the entry or send us the correct address.
Series handle: repec:eee:hepoli
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2004, Volume 67, Issue 2
- 129-136 Satisfaction with and access to community care of the chronically ill in Israel's health system
by Bentur, Netta & Gross, Revital & Brammli-Greenberg, Shuli
- 137-148 Accessibility and the Canadian health care system: squaring perceptions and realities
by Wilson, Kathi & Rosenberg, Mark W.
- 149-165 Incentives and pharmaceutical reimbursement reforms in Spain
by Puig-Junoy, Jaume
- 167-172 South African Academic Health--the future challenge
by van Zyl, G. J.
- 173-186 Fend for yourself: Systemic failure in the Dominican health system
by La Forgia, Gerard & Levine, Ruth & Diaz, Arismendi & Rathe, Magdalena
- 187-194 Discounting in decision making: the consistency argument revisited empirically
by Brouwer, Werner B. F. & van Exel, N. Job A.
- 195-206 Impact of the case payment reimbursement method on the utilization and costs of laparoscopic cholecystectomy
by Lang, Hui-Chu & Chi, Chunhuei & Liu, Chi-Ming
- 207-214 The organisation and development of primary care pharmacy in the United Kingdom
by Silcock, Jonathan & Raynor, D. K. Theo & Petty, Duncan
- 215-224 Using risk analysis in Health Impact Assessment: the impact of different relative risks for men and women in different socio-economic groups
by Nilunger, Louise & Diderichsen, Finn & Burstrom, Bo & Ostlin, Piroska
- 227-235 Is publicly funded health care really distributed according to need? The example of cardiac rehabilitation in the UK
by Raine, Rosalind & Hutchings, Andrew & Black, Nick
2004, Volume 67, Issue 1
- 1-13 Strategies and performance in hospitals
by Madorran Garcia, Cristina & de Val Pardo, Isabel
- 15-24 The policy analysis of `values talk': lessons from Canadian health reform
by Giacomini, Mita & Hurley, Jeremiah & Gold, Irving & Smith, Patricia & Abelson, Julia
- 25-37 County level responses to the introduction of DRG rates for "extended choice" hospital patients in Denmark
by Vrangbaek, Karsten & Bech, Mickael
- 39-55 Petro-state constraints on health policy: guidelines for workable reform in Venezuela
by Trujillo, Antonio J.
- 57-74 The impact of ageing on hospital care and long-term care--the example of Germany
by Schulz, Erika & Leidl, Reiner & Konig, Hans-Helmut
- 75-91 Co-payments in the Austrian social health insurance system: Analysing patient behaviour and patients' views on the effects of co-payments
by Reichmann, Gerhard & Sommersguter-Reichmann, Margit
- 93-106 Patient care seeking barriers and tuberculosis programme reform: a qualitative study
by Needham, Dale M. & Bowman, Dennis & Foster, Susan D. & Godfrey-Faussett, Peter
- 107-113 Prescription of technical aids by general practitioners in the Netherlands
by Biermans, M. C. J. & Dekker, J. & van den Ende, C. H. M.
2003, Volume 66, Issue 3
- 215-228 A comparison of single- and multi-payer health insurance systems and options for reform
by Hussey, P. & Anderson, G. F.
- 229-238 Analysis of primary health care utilisation in south-western Finland--a tool for management
by Ovaskainen, P. T. & Rautava, P. T. & Ojanlatva, A. & Pakkila, J. K. & Paivarinta, R. M.
- 239-246 Analysis of hospital charges for ischemic stroke in Fukuoka, Japan
by Tu, Feng & Anan, Makoto & Kiyohara, Yutaka & Okada, Yasushi & Nobutomo, Koichi
- 247-260 The economics of public health: financing drug abuse treatment services
by Cartwright, William S. & Solano, Paul L.
- 261-275 Politicians' and hospital managers' trade-offs in the choice of reimbursement scheme: a discrete choice experiment
by Bech, Mickael
- 277-293 Measuring geographic inequities in the Portuguese health care system: an estimation of hospital care needs
by Oliveira, Monica Duarte & Bevan, Gwyn
- 295-303 Priority setting in a hospital drug formulary: a qualitative case study and evaluation
by Martin, Douglas K. & Hollenberg, Daniel & MacRae, Sue & Madden, Shannon & Singer, Peter
2003, Volume 66, Issue 2
- 123-134 Opinions on changes in the Romanian health care system from people's point of view: a descriptive study
by Bara, Ana-Claudia & van den Heuvel, W. J. A. & Maarse, J. A. M. & van Dijk, Jitse & de Witte, Luc P.
- 135-146 Assessing attitude towards prioritizing in healthcare in Iceland
by Oddsson, Kristjan
- 147-158 Long-term follow-up and consequences for severe road traffic injuries--treatment costs and health impairment in Sweden in the 1960s and the 1990s
by Maraste, Pia & Persson, Ulf & Berntman, Monica
- 159-168 How to minimize inappropriate utilization of Accident and Emergency Departments: improve the validity of classifying the general practice cases amongst the A&E attendees
by Lee, Albert & Hazlett, Clarke B. & Chow, S. & Lau, Fei-lung & Kam, Chak-wah & Wong, Patrick & Wong, Tai-wai
- 169-177 Drug reimbursement in Finland--a case of explicit prioritising in special categories
by Vuorenkoski, Lauri & Toiviainen, Hanna & Hemminki, Elina
- 179-197 The precautionary principle within European Union public health policy: The implementation of the principle under conditions of supranationality and citizenship
by Antonopoulou, Lila & van Meurs, Philip
- 199-211 The relationship between prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV and stakeholder decision making in Uganda: implications for health policy
by Kapiriri, Lydia & Robbestad, Bjarne & Frithjof Norheim, Ole
2003, Volume 66, Issue 1
- 1-10 Focusing on changing clinical practice to enhance rational prescribing--collaboration and networking enable comprehensive approaches
by Helin-Salmivaara, Arja & Huupponen, Risto & Klaukka, Timo & Hoppu, Kalle
- 11-27 Nurse-led shared care diabetes projects: lessons from the nurses' viewpoint
by Eijkelberg, Irmgard M. J. G. & Spreeuwenberg, Cor & Wolffenbuttel, Bruce H. R. & van Wilderen, Loek J. G. P. & Mur-Veeman, Ingrid M.
- 29-49 How can we improve the quality of health care in Japan?: Learning from JCQHC Hospital Accreditation
by Hirose, Masahiro & Imanaka, Yuichi & Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Evans, Edward
- 51-59 General practitioners and their role in maternity care
by Wiegers, T. A.
- 61-72 Global policy: aspects of diabetes in India
by Bjork, Stefan & Kapur, Anil & King, Hilary & Nair, Jyotsna & Ramachandran, A.
- 73-93 Service production and contract choice in primary physician services
by Sorensen, Rune J. & Grytten, Jostein
- 95-106 Does deliberation make a difference? Results from a citizens panel study of health goals priority setting
by Abelson, Julia & Eyles, John & McLeod, Christopher B. & Collins, Patricia & McMullan, Colin & Forest, Pierre-Gerlier
- 107-117 Income inequality and mortality: time series evidence from Canada
by Laporte, Audrey & Ferguson, Brian S.
2003, Volume 65, Issue 3
- 201-215 Towards a new welfare state: the social sustainability principle and health care strategies
by Garces, Jorge & Rodenas, Francisco & Sanjose, Vicente
- 217-226 Health care policy: qualitative evidence and health technology assessment
by Leys, Mark
- 227-241 Development of integrated care in England and the Netherlands: Managing across public-private boundaries
by Mur-Veeman, Ingrid & Hardy, Brian & Steenbergen, Marijke & Wistow, Gerald
- 243-259 Should general practitioners purchase health care for their patients? The total purchasing experiment in Britain
by Wyke, Sally & Mays, Nicholas & Street, Andrew & Bevan, Gwyn & McLeod, Hugh & Goodwin, Nick
- 261-267 Modifications of health resource-use in Italy after the introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. Pharmaco-economic implications in a population-based setting
by Torti, Carlo & Casari, Salvatore & Palvarini, Loredana & Quiros-Roldan, Eugenia & Moretti, Francesca & Leone, Luigi & Patroni, Andrea & Castelli, Francesco & Ripamonti, Diego & Tramarin, Andrea & Carosi, Giampiero AU -
- 269-275 A prospective multicenter study of the effect of patient education on acceptability of generic prescribing in general practice
by Valles, Joan-Antoni & Barreiro, Maica & Cereza, Gloria & Ferro, Juan-Jose & Martinez, Maria-Jose & Escriba, Josep-Maria & Iglesias, Begona & Cucurull, Esther & Barcelo, Estrella AU -
- 277-299 Determinants of child mortality in LDCs: Empirical findings from demographic and health surveys
by Wang, Limin
- 301-311 Access to drug therapy and substitution between alternative antidepressants following an expansion of the California medicaid formulary
by McCombs, Jeffrey S. & Shi, Lizheng & Croghan, Thomas W. & Stimmel, Glen L.
2003, Volume 65, Issue 2
- 101-107 Have DRG-based prospective payment systems influenced the number of secondary diagnoses in health care administrative data?
by Serden, Lisbeth & Lindqvist, Rikard & Rosen, Mans
- 109-118 Poor performance of community health workers in Kalabo District, Zambia
by Stekelenburg, Jelle & Kyanamina, Sindele Simasiku & Wolffers, Ivan
- 119-127 Standard of care and liability in medical malpractice litigation in Japan
by Hagihara, Akihito & Nishi, Minako & Nobutomo, Koichi
- 129-137 Can we bridge the gap between goals and practice through a common vision? A study of politicians and managers' understanding of the provisions of elderly care services
by Henriksen, E. & Selander, G. & Rosenqvist, U.
- 139-151 Breaking down barriers: integrating health and care services for older people in England
by Glendinning, Caroline
- 153-165 Socio-economic differences in the utilisation of health services in Belgium
by Van der Heyden, J. H. A. & Demarest, S. & Tafforeau, J. & Van Oyen, H.
- 167-179 The availability of drugs: what does it mean in Ugandan primary care
by Jitta, Jessica & Whyte, Susan Reynolds & Nshakira, Nathan
- 181-197 Are DNA patents bad for medicine?
by Resnik, David B.
2003, Volume 65, Issue 1
- 1-3 Risk adjustment in Europe
by Chernichovsky, Dov & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 5-19 Belgium: risk adjustment and financial responsibility in a centralised system
by Schokkaert, Erik & Van de Voorde, Carine
- 21-35 Needs for further improvement: risk adjustment in the German health insurance system
by Buchner, Florian & Wasem, Jurgen
- 37-48 Risk adjustment and risk sharing: the Israeli experience
by Shmueli, Amir & Chernichovsky, Dov & Zmora, Irit
- 49-62 Risk adjusted premium subsidies and risk sharing: key elements of the competitive sickness fund market in the Netherlands
by Lamers, Leida M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M.
- 63-74 Risk adjustment in Switzerland
by Beck, Konstantin & Spycher, Stefan & Holly, Alberto & Gardiol, Lucien
- 75-98 Risk adjustment and risk selection on the sickness fund insurance market in five European countries
by van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & Beck, Konstantin & Buchner, Florian & Chernichovsky, Dov & Gardiol, Lucien & Holly, Alberto & Lamers, Leida M. & Schokkaert, Erik & Shmueli, Amir & Spycher, Stephan & Van de Voorde, Carine & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & Wasem, Jurgen & Zmora, Irith
2003, Volume 64, Issue 3
- 279-289 Market competition: everybody is talking, but what do they say?: A sociological analysis of market competition in policy networks
by Paulus, Aggie & van Raak, Arno & van der Made, Jan & Mur-Veeman, Ingrid
- 291-296 Do people with type 2 diabetes and their carers lose income? (T2ARDIS-4)
by Holmes, Jeremy & Gear, Elena & Bottomley, Julia & Gillam, Stephen & Murphy, Moira & Williams, Rhys
- 297-309 Mothers' education and childhood mortality in Ghana
by Buor, Daniel
- 311-324 Selecting methods for the prediction of future events in cost-effectiveness models: a decision-framework and example from the cardiovascular field
by Grieve, Richard & Hutton, John & Green, Colin
- 325-333 Impact of long-term care insurance on institutional dementia care in Japan
by Ito, Hiroto & Miyamoto, Yuki
- 335-348 Setting priorities and allocating resources in health regions: lessons from a project evaluating program budgeting and marginal analysis (PBMA)
by Mitton, Craig R. & Donaldson, Cam
- 349-375 The shortage of registered nurses and some new estimates of the effects of wages on registered nurses labor supply: a look at the past and a preview of the 21st century
by Chiha, Yvana A. & Link, Charles R.
- 377-389 Characteristics of a medical care program for specific diseases in Japan in an era of changing cost-sharing
by Nakatani, Hiroki & Kondo, Takefumi
- 391-398 Quality systems in health care: a sociotechnical approach
by Harteloh, P. P. M.
- 399-413 Providing health care for older persons in Singapore
by Teo, Peggy & Chan, Angelique & Straughan, Paulin
- 415-423 Paying doctors by salary: a controlled study of general practitioner behaviour in England
by Gosden, Toby & Sibbald, Bonnie & Williams, Jackie & Petchey, Roland & Leese, Brenda
2003, Volume 64, Issue 2
- 131-141 The costs of New Zealand pathology
by France, Necia C. & Francis, Graham A. J. & Lawrence, Stewart R.
- 143-152 Co-financing as a means to improve collaboration between primary health care, social insurance and social service in Sweden. A qualitative study of collaboration experiences among rehabilitation partners
by Hultberg, Eva-Lisa & Lonnroth, Knut & Allebeck, Peter
- 153-162 Gender's effect on willingness-to-pay for community-based insurance in Burkina Faso
by Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Snow, Rachel & Mugisha, Frederick & Sauerborn, Rainer
- 163-172 Impact of a cost sharing drug insurance plan on drug utilization among individuals receiving social assistance
by Blais, Lucie & Couture, Julie & Rahme, Elham & LeLorier, Jacques
- 173-191 Implementation of provincial/territorial health goals in Canada
by Williamson, Deanna L. & Milligan, C. Dawne & Kwan, Brenda & Frankish, C. James & Ratner, Pamela A.
- 193-205 A critical examination of the hospital restructuring process in Ontario, Canada
by Bryant, Toba
- 207-219 Economics and the evaluation of health care programmes: generalisability of methods and implications for generalisability of results
by Birch, Stephen & Gafni, Amiram
- 221-228 Prevalence of hepatitis C in a drug using and non-using welfare population
by Montoya, Isaac D. & Atkinson, John S. & Lichtiger, Benjamin & Whitsett, Donna D.
- 229-241 Client demands and the allocation of home care in the Netherlands. A multinomial logit model of client types, care needs and referrals
by van Campen, Cretien & Woittiez, Isolde B.
- 243-259 Human resources for health in Palestine: a policy analysis: Part I: Current situation and recent developments
by Hamdan, Motasem & Defever, Mia
- 261-273 Human resources for health in Palestine: a policy analysis. Part II. The process of policy formulation and implementation
by Hamdan, Motasem & Defever, Mia
2003, Volume 64, Issue 1
- 1-12 Financial incentives, competition and a two tier service: lessons from the UK National Health Service internal market
by Milne, Robin G. & Torsney, Ben
- 13-37 AIDS and public policy: the lessons and challenges of `success' in Thailand
by Ainsworth, Martha & Beyrer, Chris & Soucat, Agnes
- 39-54 Normative models of health technology assessment and the social production of evidence about telehealth care
by Williams, Tracy & May, Carl & Mair, Frances & Mort, Maggie & Gask, Linda
- 55-62 Patient satisfaction with care is associated with personal choice of physician
by Kalda, R. & Polluste, K. & Lember, M.
- 63-73 E-business in health care: does it contribute to strengthen consumer interest?
by Kertzman, Ed & Janssen, Richard & Ruster, Marijn
- 75-88 Stimulating pharmaceutical research and development for neglected diseases
by Mrazek, Monique F. & Mossialos, Elias
- 89-97 Cost-effectiveness of glycemic control and ophthalmological care in diabetic retinopathy
by Polak, B. C. P. & Crijns, H. & Casparie, A. F. & Niessen, L. W.
- 99-112 National Health Insurance and the antenatal care use: a case in Taiwan
by Chen, Chin-Shyan & Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Li-Mei
- 113-127 Health sector reforms in Kenya: an examination of district level planning
by Oyaya, Charles O. & Rifkin, Susan B.
2003, Volume 63, Issue 3
- 229-237 Clinical and lay preferences for the explicit prioritisation of elective waiting lists: survey evidence from Wales
by Edwards, Rhiannon Tudor & Boland, Angela & Wilkinson, Clare & Cohen, David & Williams, John
- 239-257 The effect of funding policy on day of week admissions and discharges in hospitals: the cases of Austria and Canada
by Leonard, Kevin J. & Rauner, Marion S. & Schaffhauser-Linzatti, Michaela-Maria & Yap, Richard
- 259-268 The influence of change of legislation concerning sickness absence on physicians' performance as certifiers: A population-based study
by Arrelov, Britt & Borgquist, Lars & Ljungberg, Dan & Svardsudd, Kurt
- 269-278 A perspective on the analysis of credible commitment and myopia in health sector decision making
by Jan, Stephen
- 279-287 Israelis evaluate their health care system before and after the introduction of the national health insurance law
by Shmueli, Amir
- 289-298 Should I stay or should I go? Waiting lists and cross-border care in the Netherlands
by Brouwer, Werner & van Exel, Job & Hermans, Bert & Stoop, Arjen
- 299-310 Planning for health sector reform in post-conflict situations: Kosovo 1999-2000
by Shuey, Dean A. & Qosaj, Fatime Arenliu & Schouten, Erik J. & Zwi, Anthony B.
- 311-321 Workplace violence in Alberta and British Columbia hospitals
by Hesketh, Kathryn L. & Duncan, Susan M. & Estabrooks, Carole A. & Reimer, Marlene A. & Giovannetti, Phyllis & Hyndman, Kathryn & Acorn, Sonia
- 323-338 Health sector regulation in Thailand: recent progress and the future agenda
by Teerawattananon, Yot & Tangcharoensathien, Viroj & Tantivess, Sripen & Mills, Anne
2003, Volume 63, Issue 2
- 117-120 Evaluating health interventions in the 21st century: old and new challenges
by McDaid, D. & Cookson, R. & Maynard, A. & Sassi, F.
- 121-132 The development of health technology assessment
by Banta, David
- 133-139 Evaluating health care interventions in the European Union
by McDaid, David & Cookson, Richard AU -
- 141-154 Setting priorities for the evaluation of health interventions: when theory does not meet practice
by Sassi, Franco
- 155-165 From health technology assessment to research on the organisation and delivery of health services: addressing the balance
by Fulop, Naomi & Allen, Pauline & Clarke, Aileen & Black, Nick
- 167-178 Regulating the economic evaluation of pharmaceuticals and medical devices: a European perspective
by Cookson, Richard & Hutton, John
- 179-186 The role of the media in steering public opinion on healthcare issues
by Benelli, Eva
- 187-196 Evaluations of health interventions in social insurance-based countries: Germany, the Netherlands, and Austria
by Wild, Claudia & Gibis, Bernhard
- 197-204 Health economic evaluation in Japan: a case study of one aspect of health technology assessment
by Oliver, Adam
- 205-213 Co-ordinating health technology assessment in Canada: a European perspective
by McDaid, David
- 215-226 Evaluating health interventions: exploiting the potential
by Maynard, Alan & McDaid, David
2003, Volume 63, Issue 1
- 1-15 The use of `arms-length' organizations for health system change in Ontario, Canada: some observations by insiders
by Pink, George H. & Leatt, Peggy
- 17-36 The economic impact of malaria in Africa: a critical review of the evidence
by Chima, Reginald Ikechukwu & Goodman, Catherine A. & Mills, Anne
- 37-47 The reliability and validity of willingness to pay surveys for reproductive health pricing decisions in developing countries
by Foreit, James R. & Foreit, Karen G. Fleischman
- 49-61 Establishing a standard for patient-completed instrument adaptations in Eastern Europe: experience with the Nottingham Health Profile in Hungary
by Lovas, Kornelia & Kalo, Zoltan & McKenna, Stephen P. & Whalley, Diane & Pentek, Marta & Genti, Gyorgy
- 63-72 Is publicly funded health care really distributed according to need? The example of cardiac rehabilitation in the UK
by Raine, Rosalind & Hutchings, Andrew & Black, Nick
- 73-80 Financial and organisational reforms in the health sector; implications for the financing and management of mental health care services
by Lien, Lars
- 81-94 A model for costs of stroke services
by Sundberg, Gun & Bagust, Adrian & Terent, Andreas
- 95-107 Selective referrals in a `hub and spoke' institutional setting: the case of coronary angioplasty procedures
by Nobilio, L. & Ugolini, C.
2002, Volume 62, Issue 3
- 227-242 Priority setting for health technology assessment in The Netherlands: principles and practice
by Oortwijn, Wija J. & Vondeling, Hindrik & van Barneveld, Teus & van Vugt, Christel & Bouter, Lex M.
- 243-273 Understanding informal payments for health care: the example of Bulgaria
by Balabanova, Dina & McKee, Martin
- 275-290 Resource allocation decisions in Canada's health care system: can these decisions be challenged in a court of law
by Sweatman, Louise R. & Woollard, Diane
- 291-307 Vaccine safety policy analysis in three European countries: the case of thimerosal
by Freed, Gary L. & Andreae, Margie C. & Cowan, Anne E. & Katz, Samuel L.
- 309-328 Rapid appraisal methodology for `health for all' policy formulation analysis
by Peiro, Rosana & Alvarez-Dardet, Carlos & Plasencia, Antoni & Borrell, Carme & Colomer, Concha & Moya, Carmela & Pasarin, M. Isabel & Zafra, Eduardo
- 329-341 Gender and socioeconomic status as determinants of waiting time for inpatient surgery in a system with implicit queue management
by Arnesen, Kjell E. & Erikssen, Jan & Stavem, Knut
2002, Volume 62, Issue 2
- 117-129 Increasing inequalities in health care utilisation across income groups in Sweden during the 1990s?
by Burstrom, Bo
- 131-139 Integrating medical specialists and hospitals. The growing relevance of collective organisation of medical specialists for Dutch hospital governance
by Scholten, G.R.M & van der Grinten, T.E.D
- 141-160 The relationship between disease control strategies and health system development: the case of TB
by Collins, Charles D & Green, Andrew T & Newell, James N
- 161-172 Future health care costs--do health care costs during the last year of life matter?
by Wickstrom, Jannie & Serup-Hansen, Niels & Kristiansen, Ivar Sonbo
- 173-194 Interpreting public input into priority-setting: the role of mediating institutions
by Tenbensel, Tim
- 195-209 Public attitude and knowledge on a new health policy for pharmaceutical care in Korea
by Kang, Hye-Young & Park, Chong Yon & Joong Kim, Han
- 211-221 Culturally and linguistically appropriate health care for racial or ethnic minorities: analysis of the US Office of Minority Health's recommended standards
by Shaw-Taylor, Yoku
2002, Volume 62, Issue 1
- 1-13 The effect of drug co-payment policy on the purchase of prescription drugs for children with infections in the community
by Reuveni, Haim & Sheizaf, Boaz & Elhayany, Asher & Sherf, Michael & Limoni, Yehuda & Scharff, S. & Peled, Ronit
- 15-29 Reforming the reform: the greek national health system in transition
by Tountas, Yannis & Karnaki, Panagiota & Pavi, Elpida
- 31-51 Community-directed treatment with ivermectin in two Nigerian communities: an analysis of first year start-up processes, costs and consequences
by Onwujekwe, Obinna & Chima, Reginald & Shu, Elvis & Okonkwo, Paul
- 55-63 Health systems development in four Caribbean territories: introduction
by Haqq, Edison & Mills, Anne
- 65-84 The distribution of health planning and management responsibilities between centre and periphery: historical patterns and reform trends in four Caribbean territories
by Mills, A. & Antonius, R. & Daniel, J. & Gray, H. & Haqq, E. & Rutten, F.
- 85-101 The historical development of human resources policies in the health sector of four Caribbean territories: imitated or created?
by Walt, G. & Antonius, R. & Dokoui, S. & Gray, H. & Haqq, E. & Hadley, M. & Lalta, S. & Roberts, R.
- 103-113 Financing of health care in four Caribbean territories: a comparison with reforms in Europe
by Rutten, F. & Lapre, R. & Antonius, R. & Dokoui, S. & Haqq, E. & Roberts, R. & Mills, A.
2002, Volume 61, Issue 3
- 239-253 Age-adjusted mortality and its association to variations in urban conditions in Shanghai
by Takano, Takehito & Fu, Jia & Nakamura, Keiko & Uji, Kazuyuki & Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Watanabe, Masafumi & Nakajima, Hiroshi
- 255-268 Time spent on informal and formal care giving for persons with dementia in Sweden
by Wimo, Anders & von Strauss, Eva & Nordberg, Gunilla & Sassi, Franco & Johansson, Lennarth
- 269-278 An international study of hospital readmissions and related utilization in Europe and the USA
by Westert, Gert P. & Lagoe, Ronald J. & Keskimaki, Ilmo & Leyland, Alastair & Murphy, Mark
- 279-290 Fairness, accountability for reasonableness, and the views of priority setting decision-makers
by Martin, Douglas K. & Giacomini, Mita & Singer, Peter A.
- 291-304 A review of the application of health economics to health and safety in healthcare
by Niven, Karen J. M.
- 305-328 Striving towards efficiency in the Greek hospitals by reviewing case mix classifications
by Polyzos, Nicholas M.
- 329-347 Planning the efficient allocation of research funds: an adapted application of a non-parametric Bayesian value of information analysis
by Karnon, Jonathan
2002, Volume 61, Issue 2
- 125-151 Social and political factors influencing the functioning of regional health boards in British Columbia (Canada)
by Frankish, C. James & Kwan, Brenda & Ratner, Pamela A. & Higgins, Joan Wharf & Larsen, Craig
- 153-171 A follow-up study of drug misusers who received an intervention from a local arrest referral scheme
by Crossen-White, Holly & Galvin, Kathleen
- 173-187 Productivity costs before and after absence from work: as important as common?
by Brouwer, W. B. F. & van Exel, N. J. A. & Koopmanschap, M. A. & Rutten, F. F. H.
- 189-199 Exploring the role of order effects in person trade-off elicitations
by Ubel, Peter A. & Richardson, Jeff & Baron, Jonathan
- 201-212 A combination of an extrapolation method and a benchmark method to develop quantitative health targets for Japan
by Fukuda, Yoshiharu & Nakamura, Keiko & Takano, Takehito
- 213-236 Consumer involvement in health research: a review and research agenda
by Boote, Jonathan & Telford, Rosemary & Cooper, Cindy
2002, Volume 61, Issue 1
- 1-19 Implementing hospital reform in central and eastern Europe
by Healy, Judith & McKee, Martin
- 21-42 Predicting the cost of hospital stay for stroke patients: the use of diagnosis related groups
by Evers, Silvia & Voss, Gemma & Nieman, Fred & Ament, Andre & Groot, Tom & Lodder, Jan & Boreas, Anita & Blaauw, Gerhard
- 43-55 Financial consequences of changes in health care demands related to tobacco consumption in Mexico: information for policy makers
by Arredondo, Armando & Parada, Irene & Carrillo, Carlos
- 57-71 Energy intake during economic crisis depends on initial wealth and access to rice fields: the case of pregnant Indonesian women
by Hartini, T. N. S. & Winkvist, A. & Lindholm, L. & Stenlund, H. & Surjono, A. & Hakimi, M.
- 73-94 Towards improving hospital performance in Uganda and Zambia: reflections and opportunities for autonomy
by Hanson, Kara & Atuyambe, Lynn & Kamwanga, Jolly & McPake, Barbara & Mungule, Oswald & Ssengooba, Freddie
- 95-109 Primary health concept revisited: Where do people seek health care in a rural area of Vietnam?
by Khe, N. D. & Toan, N. V. & Xuan, L. T. T. & Eriksson, B. & Hojer, B. & Diwan, V. K.
- 111-122 Evaluation of a community-level health policy intervention
by von dem Knesebeck, Olaf & Joksimovic, Ljiljana & Badura, Bernhard & Siegrist, Johannes
2002, Volume 60, Issue 3
- 201-218 Policy relevant determinants of health: an international perspective
by Starfield, Barbara & Shi, Leiyu
- 219-233 Health status and work burden of Alzheimer patients' informal caregivers: Comparisons of five different care programs in the European Union
by Colvez, Alain & Joel, Marie-Eve & Ponton-Sanchez, Alice & Royer, Anne-Charlotte
- 235-254 Free choice of sickness funds in regulated competition: evidence from Germany and The Netherlands
by Gre[ss], Stefan & Groenewegen, Peter & Kerssens, Jan & Braun, Bernard & Wasem, Juergen
- 255-273 A typology for provider payment systems in health care
by Jegers, Marc & Kesteloot, Katrien & De Graeve, Diana & Gilles, Willem
- 275-284 Women's knowledge of new regulations about publicly funded medications for osteoporosis
by Werner, Perla & Vered, Iris
- 285-297 The gatekeeper in vision care. An analysis of the co-ordination of professional services in The Netherlands
by Stevens, Fred C. J. & van der Horst, Frans & Hendrikse, Fred
2002, Volume 60, Issue 2
- 101-110 Integrating health law and health policy: a European perspective
by Legemaate, Johan
- 111-132 Primary care physicians' attitudes to health care reform in England
by Whynes, David K. & Baines, Darrin L.
- 133-150 Reforming China's urban health insurance system
by Liu, Yuanli
- 151-169 Health sector reform in South Asia: new challenges and constraints
by Islam, Anwar & Zaffar Tahir, M.
- 171-184 Urgency coding as a dynamic tool in management of waiting lists for psychogeriatric nursing home care in The Netherlands
by Meiland, F. J. M. & Danse, J. A. C. & Wendte, J. F. & Gunning-Schepers, L. J. & Klazinga, N. S.
- 185-197 Optometrist prescribing of therapeutic agents: findings of the AESOP survey
by Mason, Anne & Mason, James
2002, Volume 60, Issue 1
- 1-16 Use of explicit criteria for total hip joint replacement fixation techniques
by Quintana, Jose M & Arostegui, Inmaculada & Azkarate, Jesus & Goenaga, J. Ignacio & Tobio, Ramon & Aranburu, Jose M. & Goikoetxea, Begona
- 17-37 The evaluation of the introduction of a quality management system: A process-oriented case study in a large rehabilitation hospital
by van Harten, Willem H. & Casparie, Ton F. & Fisscher, Olaf A. M.
- 39-58 Setting priorities in Canadian regional health authorities: a survey of key decision makers
by Mitton, Craig & Donaldson, Cam
- 59-66 Diffusion of innovations: treatment of Alzheimer's disease in Germany
by Ruof, Jorg & Mittendorf, Thomas & Pirk, Olaf & Graf von der Schulenburg, J. -Matthias
- 67-96 Determinants of PHC productivity and resource utilization: a comparison of public and private physicians in Macedonia
by Nordyke, Robert J.
2002, Volume 59, Issue 3
- 183-191 Measures of goal attainment and performance in the World Health Report 2000: A brief, critical consumer guide
by Nord, Erik
- 193-207 A `transitional' context for health policy development: the Palestinian case
by Hamdan, Motasem & Defever, Mia
- 209-221 Health target programmes and health care services--any link?: A conceptual and comparative study (part 1)
by Busse, Reinhard & Wismar, Matthias
- 223-241 Outcome-related health targets--political strategies for better health outcomes: A conceptual and comparative study (part 2)
by Wismar, Matthias & Busse, Reinhard
- 243-256 Analysis of hospital charges for cerebral infarction stroke inpatients in Beijing, People's Republic of China
by Tu, Feng & Tokunaga, Shoji & Deng, ZhouLu & Nobutomo, Koichi
- 257-281 The use of contracts in the management of infectious disease related risk in the NHS internal market
by Allen, Pauline & Croxson, Bronwyn & Roberts, Jennifer A. & Archibald, Kate & Crawshaw, Shirley & Taylor, Lynda
2002, Volume 59, Issue 2
- 99-106 A SWOT analysis of the organization and financing of the Danish health care system
by Christiansen, Terkel
- 107-118 Organization and financing of the Danish health care system
by Christiansen, Terkel
- 119-132 The Danish health system through an American lens
by Davis, Karen
- 133-143 The Danish health care system from a British perspective
by Hurst, Jeremy
- 145-159 Evaluation of the organization and financing of the Danish health care system
by Janssen, Richard
- 161-171 The Danish health care system: it ain't broke... so don't fix it
by Mooney, Gavin
- 173-180 Summary of the SWOT panel's evaluation of the organisation and financing of the Danish health care system
by Christiansen, Terkel
2002, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 1-24 Public attitudes towards patient payments in Bulgarian public health care sector: results of a household survey
by Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim & van Merode, Godefridus
- 25-36 The role and effects of sanatoriums and health resorts in the Russian Federation
by Bihari-Axelsson, Susanna & Axelsson, Runo
- 37-51 DRG-related prices applied in a public health care system--can Finland learn from Norway and Sweden?
by Mikkola, Hennamari & Keskimaki, Ilmo & Hakkinen, Unto
- 53-63 Rationalising rationing: economic and other considerations in the debate about funding of Viagra
by Stolk, Elly A. & Brouwer, Werner B. F. & Busschbach, Jan J. V.
- 65-94 A review of the literature on the economics of noncompliance. Room for methodological improvement
by Cleemput, Irina & Kesteloot, Katrien & DeGeest, Sabina
2001, Volume 58, Issue 3
- 191-213 A policy analysis of the introduction and dissemination of external peer review (visitatie) as a means of professional self-regulation amongst medical specialists in The Netherlands in the period 1985-2000
by Lombarts, M. J. M. H. & Klazinga, N. S.
- 215-229 The impact of changes in private health expenditure on New Zealand households
by Hopkins, Sandra & Cumming, Jacqueline
- 231-242 Rate of health insurance reimbursement and adherence to anti-hypertensive treatment among Japanese patients
by Hagihara, Akihito & Murakami, Masayoshi & Chishaki, Akiko & Nabeshima, Fumikazu & Nobutomo, Koichi