An even smaller area variation: Differing practice patterns among interventional cardiologists within a single high volume tertiary cardiac centre
AbstractVariations in the rate of use of common medical procedures/therapies are widely documented. Previous studies tend to focus on variations between either hospitals or geographic areas. Few studies examine within centre practice variations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Health Policy.
Volume (Year): 104 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Practice variation; Coronary artery disease; Practice style; Single Centre;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Westert, Gert P. & Nieboer, Anna P. & Groenewegen, Peter P., 1993. "Variation in duration of hospital stay between hospitals and between doctors within hospitals," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 833-839, September.
- Grytten, Jostein & Sorensen, Rune, 2003. "Practice variation and physician-specific effects," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 403-418, May.
- Kalf, Annette J. H. & Spruijt-Metz, Donna, 1996. "Variation in diagnoses: Influence of specialists' training on selecting and ranking relevant information in geriatric case vignettes," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 705-712, March.
- Mercuri, Mat & Natarajan, Madhu K. & Holder, Douglas H. & Xie, Changchun & Gafni, Amiram, 2009. "Insight into capacity planning for cardiac catheterization services: Policy lessons learned from "Looking in the Mirror" over a decade," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 314-320, August.
- Eibich, Peter & Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2014.
"Analyzing regional variation in health care utilization using (rich) household microdata,"
Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 41-53.
- Eibich, Peter & Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2014. "Analyzing Regional Variation in Health Care Utilization Using (Rich) Household Microdata," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 41â53.
- Eibich, P.; & Ziebarth, N.;, 2013. "Analyzing Regional Variation in Health Care Utilization Using (Rich) Household Microdata," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 13/12, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Peter Eibich & Nicolas R. Ziebarth, 2013. "Analyzing Regional Variation in Health Care Utilization Using (Rich) Household Microdata," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 551, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Eibich, Peter & Ziebarth, Nicolas R., 2013. "Analyzing Regional Variation in Health Care Utilization Using (Rich) Household Microdata," IZA Discussion Papers 7409, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stargardt, Tom & Schreyögg, Jonas, 2012. "A framework to evaluate the effects of small area variations in healthcare infrastructure on diagnostics and patient outcomes of rare diseases based on administrative data," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 110-118.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.