Density of dental practitioners and access to dental care for the elderly: A multilevel analysis with a view on socio-economic inequality
AbstractTo examine the relations between density of dental practitioners (DDP) and socio-economic and demographic factors shown to affect access to dental care for the elderly.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Health Policy.
Volume (Year): 103 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Oral health services; Multilevel; Elderly; Social inequality; Density of practitioners;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Birch, Stephen, 1988. "The identification of supplier-inducement in a fixed price system of health care provision : The case of dentistry in the United Kingdom," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 129-150, June.
- Grytten, Jostein & Holst, Dorthe & Laake, Peter, 1990. "Supplier inducement : Its effect on dental services in Norway," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 483-491, December.
- Sintonen, Harri & Linnosmaa, Ismo, 2000. "Economics of dental services," Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 24, pages 1251-1296 Elsevier.
- van Doorslaer, Eddy & Wagstaff, Adam & van der Burg, Hattem & Christiansen, Terkel & De Graeve, Diana & Duchesne, Inge & Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Gerfin, Michael & Geurts, Jose & Gross, Lorna, 2000. "Equity in the delivery of health care in Europe and the US," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 553-583, September.
- Huber, Hélène, 2008. "Decomposing the causes of inequalities in health care use: A micro-simulations approach," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1605-1613, December.
- Richard J. Manski & John Moeller & Haiyan Chen & Patricia A. St. Clair & Jody Schimmel & Larry Magder & John V. Pepper, 2010. "Dental Care Utilization and Retirement," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7567, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Xander Koolman, 2004. "Explaining the differences in income-related health inequalities across European countries," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(7), pages 609-628.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.