Variations in amenable mortality—Trends in 16 high-income nations
AbstractThere has been growing interest in the comparison of health system performance within and between countries, using a range of different indicators. This study examines trends in amenable mortality, as one measure of health system performance, in sixteen high-income countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Health Policy.
Volume (Year): 103 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol
Population health; Health system performance; Amenable mortality; Cross-national comparison;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juan G. Gay & Valérie Paris & Marion Devaux & Michael de Looper, 2011. "Mortality Amenable to Health Care in 31 OECD Countries: Estimates and Methodological Issues," OECD Health Working Papers 55, OECD Publishing.
- Smith, Peter C. & Anell, Anders & Busse, Reinhard & Crivelli, Luca & Healy, Judith & Lindahl, Anne Karin & Westert, Gert & Kene, Tobechukwu, 2012. "Leadership and governance in seven developed health systems," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 37-49.
- Irma Elo & Hiram Beltrán-Sánchez & James Macinko, 2014. "The Contribution of Health Care and Other Interventions to Black–White Disparities in Life Expectancy, 1980–2007," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 97-126, February.
- Marmor, Theodore & Wendt, Claus, 2012. "Conceptual frameworks for comparing healthcare politics and policy," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 11-20.
- Reibling, Nadine, 2013. "The international performance of healthcare systems in population health: Capabilities of pooled cross-sectional time series methods," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 122-132.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei) or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.