Rational choice under unequal constraints: the example of Belgian higher education
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles in its series ULB Institutional Repository with number 2013/1565.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in: Economics of Education Review (2001) v.20,p.15-26
Other versions of this item:
- Rochat, Denis & Demeulemeester, Jean-Luc, 2001. "Rational choice under unequal constraints: the example of Belgian higher education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 15-26, February.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arleen Leibowitz, 1974. "Home Investments in Children," NBER Chapters, in: Marriage, Family, Human Capital, and Fertility, pages 111-135 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ribar, David C., 1993.
"A multinomial logit analysis of teenage fertility and high school completion,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 153-164, June.
- Ribar, D.C., 1991. "A Multinomial Logit Analysis of Teenage Fertility and High School Completion," Papers 5-91-1, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Alfonso Alba-Ramírez, 1993. "Mismatch in the Spanish Labor Market: Overeducation?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(2), pages 259-278.
- Hessel Oosterbeek & Dinand Webbink, 1997. "Is there a Hidden Technical Potential?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-012/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Lee, Lung-Fei, 1983. "Generalized Econometric Models with Selectivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 507-12, March.
- Robert Haveman & Barbara Wolfe, 1995. "The Determinants of Children's Attainments: A Review of Methods and Findings," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1829-1878, December.
- Joseph G. Altonji, 1991.
"The Demand for and Return to Education When Education Outcomes are Uncertain,"
NBER Working Papers
3714, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Altonji, Joseph G, 1993. "The Demand for and Return to Education When Education Outcomes Are Uncertain," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages 48-83, January.
- Mark C. Berger, 1988. "Predicted future earnings and choice of college major," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(3), pages 418-429, April.
- Arleen Leibowitz, 1974. "Home Investments in Children," NBER Chapters, in: Economics of the Family: Marriage, Children, and Human Capital, pages 432-456 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cannings, K. & Montmarquette, C. & Mahseredjian, S., 1994.
"Major Choice: Undergraduate Concentrations and the Probability of Graduation,"
Cahiers de recherche
9419, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Kathy Cannings & Sophie Mahseredjian & Claude Montmarquette, 1994. "Major Choices : Undergraduate Concentrations and the Probability of Graduation," CIRANO Working Papers 94s-09, CIRANO.
- Cannings, K. & Montmarquette, C. & Mahseredjian, S., 1994. "Major Choice: Undergraduate Concentrations and the Probability of Graduation," Cahiers de recherche 9419, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Leibowitz, Arleen, 1974. "Home Investments in Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages S111-S131, Part II, .
- Heckman, James J, 1979.
"Sample Selection Bias as a Specification Error,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 153-61, January.
- Trost, Robert P & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1984. "Technical Training and Earnings: A Polychotomous Choice Model with Selectivity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(1), pages 151-56, February.
- Jean Luc De Meulemeester, 1995. "Analyse de la relation formation-salaire pour les universitaires belges," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 147, pages 325-383.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1992. "The Trade-Off between Child Quantity and Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(1), pages 84-117, February.
- Massimiliano BRATTI & Luca MANCINI, 2003.
"Differences in Early Occupational Earnings of UK Male Graduates by Degree Subject: Evidence from the 1980-1993 USR,"
189, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Bratti, Massimiliano & Mancini, Luca, 2003. "Differences in Early Occupational Earnings of UK Male Graduates by Degree Subject: Evidence from the 1980-1993 USR," IZA Discussion Papers 890, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Buonanno, Paolo & Pozzoli, Dario, 2008.
"Early Labour Market Returns to College Subjects,"
08-10, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Magali Jaoul, 2004. "Enseignement supérieur et marchés du travail. Analyse économétrique de la théorie de l’engorgement," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 166(5), pages 39-57.
- Julia Varga, 2003.
"The Role of Labour Market Expectations and Admission Probabilities in Students' Application Decisions on Higher Education: the case of Hungary,"
Budapest Working Papers on the Labour Market
0308, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Julia Varga, 2006. "The Role of Labour Market Expectations and Admission Probabilities in Students' Application Decisions on Higher Education: The Case of Hungary," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 309-327.
- Massimiliano Bratti, 2005.
"Social Class and Undergraduate Degree Subject in the UK,"
UNIMI - Research Papers in Economics, Business, and Statistics
unimi-1015, Universitá degli Studi di Milano.
- Bratti, Massimiliano, 2006. "Social Class and Undergraduate Degree Subject in the UK," IZA Discussion Papers 1979, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paolo Buonanno & Dario Pozzoli, 2007. "Risk Aversion and College Subject," Working Papers 0707, University of Bergamo, Department of Economics.
- Tacsir, Ezequiel, 2010. "Occupation Choice: Family, Social and Market Influences," MERIT Working Papers 013, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Maria De Paola & Francesca Gioia, 2011. "Risk Aversion And Major Choice: Evidence From Italian Students," Working Papers 201107, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- David Bardey & Nohora Forero Ramírez, 2008. "Teorías y algunas experiencias internacionales en el financiamiento de la educación superior: lecciones para Colombia," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 004692, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.