Co-Evolution of Firms and Consumers and the Implications for Market Dominance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Society for Computational Economics in its series Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 with number 234.
Date of creation: 01 Jul 2002
Date of revision:
Market Dominance; Innovation; Search;
Other versions of this item:
- Harrington, Joseph Jr. & Chang, Myong-Hun, 2005. "Co-evolution of firms and consumers and the implications for market dominance," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 29(1-2), pages 245-276, January.
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alos-Ferrer, Carlos & Ania, Ana B. & Schenk-Hoppe, Klaus Reiner, 2000.
"An Evolutionary Model of Bertrand Oligopoly,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 1-19, October.
- Dirk Bergemann & Juuso Valimaki, 1997.
"Market Diffusion with Two-Sided Learning,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(4), pages 773-795, Winter.
- Luis M.B. Cabral & Michael Riordan, 1992.
"The Learning Curve, Market Dominance and Predatory Pricing,"
0039, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Cabral, Luis M B & Riordan, Michael H, 1994. "The Learning Curve, Market Dominance, and Predatory Pricing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(5), pages 1115-40, September.
- Cabral, L. & Riordan, M., 1992. "The Learning Curve, Market Dominance and Predatory Pricing," Papers 39, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Rhode, Paul & Stegeman, Mark, 2001. "Non-Nash equilibria of Darwinian dynamics with applications to duopoly," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 415-453, March.
- Weisbuch, G. & Kirman, A. & Herreiner, D., 1998.
"Market Organisation and Trading Relationships,"
98a32, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Burdett, Kenneth & Coles, Melvyn G., 1997.
"Steady State Price Distributions in a Noisy Search Equilibrium,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 1-32, January.
- Kenneth Burdett and Melvyn G. Coles, . "Steady State Price Distributions in a Noisy Search Equilibrium," Economics Discussion Papers 450, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Luo Guo Ying, 1995. "Evolution and Market Competition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 223-250, October.
- Douglas Gale & Robert W. Rosenthal, 1996.
"Experimentation, Imitation, and Stochastic Stability,"
0065, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Gale, Douglas & Rosenthal, Robert W., 1999. "Experimentation, Imitation, and Stochastic Stability," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 1-40, January.
- Gale, D. & Rosental, R.W., 1996. "Experimentation, Imitation, and Stochastic Stability," Papers 65, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Kyle Bagwell & Garey Ramey & Daniel F. Spulber, 1997.
"Dynamic Retail Price and Investment Competition,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 28(2), pages 207-227, Summer.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-40, June.
- Fernando Vega-Redondo, 1997.
"The Evolution of Walrasian Behavior,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(2), pages 375-384, March.
- Martin Currie & Stan Metcalfe, 2001. "Firm routines, customer switching and market selection under duopoly," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 433-456.
- Tanaka, Yasuhito, 2000. "Stochastically stable states in an oligopoly with differentiated goods: equivalence of price and quantity strategies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 235-253, October.
- Ed Hopkins, 2006.
"Adaptive Learning Models of Consumer Behaviour,"
122247000000000658, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Chang, Myong-Hun & Harrington, Joseph Jr., 2006.
"Agent-Based Models of Organizations,"
Handbook of Computational Economics,
in: Leigh Tesfatsion & Kenneth L. Judd (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 26, pages 1273-1337
- Xavier Vilà, 2005. "Consumers' Behavior and the Bertrand Paradox: An ACE approach," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 654.05, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.