The Equilibrium Rate of Unemployment and Policies to Lower It: The Case of Finland
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy in its series Discussion Papers with number 839.
Length: 26 pages
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:fth:bfdipa:19/2001 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jaakko Kiander & Jaakko Pehkonen, 1999. "Finnish unemployment: observations and conjectures," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 94-108, Autumn.
- Daveri, Francesco & Tabellini, Guido, 1997.
"Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, 2000. "Unemployment, growth and taxation in industrial countries," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 47-104, 04.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, . "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," Working Papers 122, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Dibooglu, Selahattin & Enders, Walter, 2001. "Do Real Wages Respond Asymmetrically to Unemployment Shocks? Evidence from the U.S. and Canada," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 495-515, October.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Wolfers, Justin, 2000.
"The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages C1-33, March.
- Olivier Blanchard & Justin Wolfers, 1999. "The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen Nickell, 1999. "Finnish unemployment : a view from outside," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 62-81, Autumn.
- Laurence Boone & Claude Giorno & Mara Meacci & Dave Rae & Pete Richardson & Dave Turner, 2001. "Estimating the structural rate of unemployment for the OECD countries," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2001(2), pages 171-216.
- Richard Layard & Stephen Nickell, 1998.
"Labour Market Institutions and Economic Performance,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0407, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nickell, Stephen & Layard, Richard, 1999. "Labor market institutions and economic performance," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 46, pages 3029-3084 Elsevier.
- Nickell, S. & Layard, R., 1997. "Labour Market Institutions and Economic Performance," Papers 23, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Broer, D.P. & Draper, D.A.G. & Huizinga, F.H., 2000. "The equilibrium rate of unemployment in the Netherlands," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-383721, Tilburg University.
- Bean, Charles R., 1994. "European unemployment: A retrospective," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 523-534, April.
- Ripatti, Antti & Vilmunen, Jouko, 2001. "Declining labour share – Evidence of a change in underlying production technology?," Research Discussion Papers 10/2001, Bank of Finland.
- Thomas Aronsson & Karl-Gustaf L–fgren & Tomas Sj–gren, 2002. "Wage setting and tax progressivity in dynamic general equilibrium," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 490-504, July.
- Koskela , Erkki, 2001. "Labour taxation and employment in trade union models: A partial survey," Research Discussion Papers 19/2001, Bank of Finland.
- Nickell, Stephen, 1998. "Unemployment: Questions and Some Answers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(448), pages 802-16, May.
- Petri Bockerman & Jaakko Kiander, 2002. "Has work-sharing worked in Finland?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 39-41.
- Alho, Kari O. E., 2006. "Labour Market Institutions and the Effectiveness of Tax and Benefit Policies in Enchancing Employment: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Discussion Papers 1008, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Alho, Kari, 2004. "The Finnish EMU Buffers and the Labour Market under Asymmetric Shocks," Discussion Papers 914, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Alho, Kari & Nikula, Nuutti, 2007. "Productivity, Employment and Taxes - A SVAR Analysis of Trade-offs and Impacts," Discussion Papers 1074, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Alho, Kari E.O., 2006. "Structural Reforms in the EU and Political Myopia in Economic Policies," Discussion Papers 1050, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Alho, Kari E. O., 2008. "Tax/benefit Systems and Growth Potential of the EU," Discussion Papers 1122, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Alho, Kari O.E. & Nikula, Nuutti, 2006. "Productivity, Empoyment and Taxes - Evidence on the Potential Trade-offs and Impacts in the EU," Discussion Papers 1054, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Alho, Kari, 2002. "Catching Up and Unemployment in the EU," Discussion Papers 762, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kaija Hyvönen-Rajecki).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.