Terms of Trade Shocks and the Current Account
AbstractThis paper examines the relationship between terms of trade shocks, private saving, and the current account position.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by The University of Melbourne in its series Department of Economics - Working Papers Series with number 678.
Length: 33 pages
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Department of Economics, The University of Melbourne, 5th Floor, Economics and Commerce Building, Victoria, 3010, Australia
Phone: +61 3 8344 5289
Fax: +61 3 8344 6899
Web page: http://www.economics.unimelb.edu.au
More information through EDIRC
ELASTICITY ; INTERNATIONAL TRADE ; SAVINGS;
Other versions of this item:
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomics: Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- O51 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - U.S.; Canada
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- O56 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Oceania
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdur R Chowdhury, 2004.
"Private Savings in Transition Economies: Are there Terms of Trade Shocks?,"
Comparative Economic Studies,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 46(4), pages 487-514, December.
- Abdur R. Chowdhury, 2003. "Private Savings In Transition Economies: Are There Terms Of Trade Shocks?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-572, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Hakan Berument & Nergiz Dincer, 2005.
"Denomination composition of trade and trade balance: evidence from Turkey,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(10), pages 1177-1191.
- Hakan Berument & Nergiz Dinçer, 2005. "Denomination Composition of Trade and Trade Balance : Evidence from Turkey," Departmental Working Papers 0510, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Pierre-Richard Agenor & Joshua Aizenman, 2000.
"Savings and the Terms of Trade Under Borrowing Constraints,"
NBER Working Papers
7743, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 2004. "Savings and the terms of trade under borrowing constraints," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 321-340, July.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 2000. "Savings and the terms of trade under borrowing constraints," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2381, The World Bank.
- Olivier, CARDI, 2005.
"Another View of the J-Curve,"
Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques)
2005029, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Otto, G., 2003. "Terms of trade shocks and the balance of trade: there is a Harberger-Laursen-Metzler effect," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 155-184, April.
- Olivier Cardi, 2007.
"The Zero-root Property: Permanent vs Temporary Terms-of-trade Shocks,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(4), pages 782-802, 09.
- Olivier, CARDI, 2005. "The Zero-Root Property : Permanent vs Temporary Terms of Trade Shocks," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2005030, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Seedwell Hove & Albert Touna Mama & Fulbert Tchana Tchana, 2012. "Terms of Trade Shocks and Inflation Targeting in Emerging Market Economies," Working Papers 273, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Giovanna Tagliabue, 2005. "Co-integrating relationship between terms of trade, money and current account: the italian evidence," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 3, pages 99-111.
- L. Sahely & R. Darius & O. Williams, 2001. "Terms of trade shocks and the current account in a unified currency area," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(8), pages 1179-1188.
- Elif C. Arbatli, 2008. "Futures Markets, Oil Prices and the Intertemporal Approach to the Current Account," Working Papers 08-48, Bank of Canada.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marisa Cerantola).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.