The EMU sovereign-debt crisis: fundamentals, expectations and contagion
AbstractIn a research project conducted while visiting the DG-ECFIN in June 2010, we provided a detailed empirical investigation of the EMU sovereign-debt crisis up to February 2010.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE) in its series SIRE Focus Papers with number 2011-01.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Arghyrou, Michael G. & Kontonikas, Alexandros, 2012. "The EMU sovereign-debt crisis: Fundamentals, expectations and contagion," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 658-677.
- Michael G. Arghyrou & Alexandros Kontonikas, 2010. "The EMU sovereign-debt crisis: Fundamentals, expectations and contagion," Working Papers 2010_25, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Arghyrou, Michael G. & Kontonikas, Alexandros, 2010. "The EMU sovereign-debt crisis: Fundamentals, expectations and contagion," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-81, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Arghyrou, Michael G & Kontonikas, Alexandros, 2010. "The EMU sovereign-debt crisis: Fundamentals, expectations and contagion," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2010/9, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Michael G. Arghyrou & Alexandros Kontonikas, 2011. "The EMU sovereign-debt crisis: Fundamentals, expectations and contagion," European Economy - Economic Papers 436, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-05 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2011.
"From Financial Crash to Debt Crisis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(5), pages 1676-1706, August.
- Gomez-Puig, Marta, 2006. "Size matters for liquidity: Evidence from EMU sovereign yield spreads," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 156-162, February.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gina Reddie).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.