Spillovers of Equal Treatment in Wage Offers
AbstractWe analyse a labour matching model with wage posting, where ?re?flecting institutional constraints - ?fi?rms cannot differentiate their wage offers within certain subsets of workers. Inter alia, we fi?nd that the presence of impersonal wage offers leads to wage compression, which propagates to the wages for high productivity workers who receive personalised offers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh in its series ESE Discussion Papers with number 221.
Date of creation: 13 Sep 2013
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Kohei, Kawamura & JÃƒÂ³zsef, SÃƒÂ¡kovics, 2013. "Spillovers of Equal Treatment in Wage Offers," SIRE Discussion Papers, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE) 2013-15, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2013-09-26 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2013-09-26 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2013-09-26 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Muriel Niederle, 2007.
"Competitive Wages in a Match with Ordered Contracts,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1957-1969, December.
- Muriel Niederle, 2006. "Competitive Wages in a Match with Ordered Contracts," NBER Working Papers 12334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hideo Konishi & Margarita Sapozhnikov, 2006.
"Decentralized Matching Markets with Endogenous Salaries,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
654, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 03 Jan 2008.
- Konishi, Hideo & Sapozhnikov, Margarita, 2008. "Decentralized matching markets with endogenous salaries," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 193-218, September.
- Mailath, George J. & Samuelson, Larry & Postlewaite, Andrew, 2013.
"Pricing and investments in matching markets,"
Theoretical Economics, Econometric Society,
Econometric Society, vol. 8(2), May.
- George J. Mailath & Andrew Postlewaite & Larry Samuelson, 2011. "Pricing and Investments in Matching Markets," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University 1810, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- George J. Mailath & Andrew Postlewaite & Larry Samuelson, 2011. "Pricing and Investments in Matching Markets," Levine's Working Paper Archive 786969000000000162, David K. Levine.
- Clark Simon, 2006. "The Uniqueness of Stable Matchings," The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics, De Gruyter, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-28, December.
- Claudio Michelacci & Javier Suarez, 2006.
"Incomplete Wage Posting,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(6), pages 1098-1123, December.
- Michelacci, Claudio & Suarez, Javier, 2002. "Incomplete Wage Posting," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 3658, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bulow, Jeremy I. & Levin, Jonathan, 2003.
"Matching and Price Competition,"
1818, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Jeremy Bulow & Jonathan Levin, 2005. "Matching and Price Competition," NBER Working Papers 11506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Levin & Jeremy Bulow, 2004. "Matching and Price Competition," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 350, Econometric Society.
- JosÃ© Alcalde PÃ©rez & Antonio Romero-Medina & David PÃ©rez-Castrillo, 1997.
"Hiring procedures to implement stable allocations,"
Working Papers. Serie AD, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones EconÃ³micas, S.A. (Ivie)
1997-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones EconÃ³micas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Fuhito Kojima, 2007. "Matching and Price Competition: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 1027-1031, June.
- Vera Brenčič, 2012. "Wage posting: evidence from job ads," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1529-1559, November.
- Azevedo, Eduardo M., 2014. "Imperfect competition in two-sided matching markets," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 207-223.
- Robert E. Hall & Alan B. Krueger, 2012. "Evidence on the Incidence of Wage Posting, Wage Bargaining, and On-the-Job Search," American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 56-67, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gina Reddie).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.