Partial Equal Treatment in Wage Offers
AbstractWe analyse a labour matching model with wage posting, where ?- refl?ecting institutional constraints - firms cannot differentiate their wage offers within certain subsets of workers. Inter alia, we fi?nd that the presence of impersonal wage offers leads to wage compression, which propagates to the wages for high productivity workers who receive personalised offers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh in its series ESE Discussion Papers with number 215.
Date of creation: 16 Jan 2013
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2013-01-26 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2013-01-26 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2013-01-26 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hideo Konishi & Margarita Sapozhnikov, 2006.
"Decentralized Matching Markets with Endogenous Salaries,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
654, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 03 Jan 2008.
- Konishi, Hideo & Sapozhnikov, Margarita, 2008. "Decentralized matching markets with endogenous salaries," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 193-218, September.
- Jonathan Levin & Jeremy Bulow, 2004.
"Matching and Price Competition,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings
350, Econometric Society.
- Vera Brenčič, 2012. "Wage posting: evidence from job ads," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1529-1559, November.
- Fuhito Kojima, 2007. "Matching and Price Competition: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(3), pages 1027-1031, June.
- José Alcalde Pérez & Antonio Romero-Medina & David Pérez-Castrillo, 1997.
"Hiring procedures to implement stable allocations,"
Working Papers. Serie AD
1997-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Muriel Niederle, 2007.
"Competitive Wages in a Match with Ordered Contracts,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 97(5), pages 1957-1969, December.
- Muriel Niederle, 2006. "Competitive Wages in a Match with Ordered Contracts," NBER Working Papers 12334, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Azevedo, Eduardo M., 2014. "Imperfect competition in two-sided matching markets," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 207-223.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gina Reddie).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.